[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

We need either a 4th line vet center to replace Aman or a gritty puck hound winger to play with Miller and Boeser allowing Suter to drop to 4c. The defense could be added too as well but its a tougher one as it likely involves Myers needing to go, but if we did ship out Myers and replace him with someone cheaper than that gives lots of cap flexibility for a run.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

now we have replaced our 2nd line centre but have created another small hole on wing. 

Either Pettersson or Lindholm will be that winger. There's no hole. An upgrade to add another gritty winger would be nice though.

32 minutes ago, awalk said:

These Zadorov rumors are so odd. No reason to trade him 

It's not a rumor, it's Elliott "wondering" 🙄

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Tower102 said:

We need either a 4th line vet center to replace Aman or a gritty puck hound winger to play with Miller and Boeser allowing Suter to drop to 4c. The defense could be added too as well but its a tougher one as it likely involves Myers needing to go, but if we did ship out Myers and replace him with someone cheaper than that gives lots of cap flexibility for a run.

no... no more centers needed we have like 7...

ep, JT,EL,TB,PS, Aman, Lafferty, Joshua played center before too...

Just now, MidKnight Ego said:

I wouldn't say no to Bjugstad... You can never have too much C depth

Mik, Pettersson, Lindholm

Bjugstad, Miller, Boeser

Joshua, Blueger, Garland

Hoglander, Suter, Lafferty

Aman

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Either Pettersson or Lindholm will be that winger. There's no hole. An upgrade to add another gritty winger would be nice though.

It's not a rumor, it's Elliott "wondering" 🙄

Sure but they've been talking about it on D&D enough for it to be a "rumor" at this point 

18 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Like I said, find 2 teams trade with and dump Myers. I can’t honestly see PA choosing Zadorov over Myers. 

I'd keep both unless the offer for Myers is ridiculous. We are clearly going for it, need all the D depth 

• Cheers 2

I see that a lot of posters still believe that quantity is more valuable than quality of assets. We got the better player in a trade by trading away 5 assets that weren't going to be valuable to us during this cup run, and all of which could end up not panning out. 

I see it as;

Lindholm (200 ft Right Handed Center with 55% FO, massive offensive potential playing alongside our core) for a Cap dump (who wouldn't have fit in our playoff systems), Undersized D prospect (Rathbone), Big sized D prospect with limited offense (Tryamkin), Very late 1st rounder (Could be a steal or could be a Jensen/Shinkaruk), and a conditional 4th (Keppen/Gadjovich) that if the condition hits, the trade is practically worth it already. 

This is literally the type of trade you make on NHL 24 and then get flamed on these boards when you make a proposal similar to it. 

Canucks get the best player in the trade. Calgary in a doom and gloom season get 5 things to look forward to and to keep their fans quiet while they continue to bottom out for the next 5 years. It's a win-win. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's a lot to give up, Lindholm was a good target though 

the 4th has a  condition we make it to the WCF... not that big a price to pay...

Kuzmenko had negative value... so a 1st for lIndholm....

and Bruz for Kuzmenkos negative value....

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

I'd keep both unless the offer for Myers is ridiculous. We are clearly going for it, need all the D depth 

exactly... deal would have to be insane cause we would still need to replace those 20 minutes and thts not easy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I think the Lotto Line will only be together if we need a goal:

Suter - Miller - Boeser (shown good chemistry)

Mikheyev - Petey - Lindholm (Lindy takes the draw on his strong side)

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - Lafferty 

Yep that's exactly how I see it too, although Lindholm could be the center instead.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd argue that Kuzmenko was closer to neutral value, but I get what you're saying

He's waded a bit into reclamation project territory, maybe by a hair? 

Certainly not a bad bet for Cowtown if he helps wake up hubie.

Edited by Bob Long

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think the Lotto Line will only be together if we need a goal:

Suter - Miller - Boeser (shown good chemistry)

Mikheyev - Petey - Lindholm (Lindy takes the draw on his strong side)

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - Lafferty 

I think you've got it right. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Yep that's exactly how I see it too, although Lindholm could be the center instead.  

Mik likes to play the right side, but I wonder if he'd be better on the left since he's left-handed. Could easy be:

Petey - Lindholm - Mikheyev

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

But we are playing them on the wing. 

Right now Aman is still slotted in at 4C and he is the weakest spot in the lineup. I guess we could get a vet winger and slide Lafferty over. 

• Cheers 1

I'm impressed that we didn't give up blue chip guys in Lekkerimaki and Willander. Keeping Podz and Hoglander is good too. 

I don't like giving up high picks but there was no getting around it in this case. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1