[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't know what other teams would have paid for him, so I can't really answer this, other than to say that I would not have made this deal.

We'll know in a couple of years whether I was right or wrong about that.

Thats not how trades work. You don't get to wait 4 years and then say "oh, well that was a bad trade". 

The trade is made based on the information GM's have now, with the players they have now. 

It's like buying a used car, and then deciding in 4 years whether you got a good deal. 

If at the time it was a good deal, then its a good deal. Sometimes a good deal doesn't work out in the long run, but it was still a good deal. Whatever happened after the deal is out of anyones control.

And regardless of the future, a good trade is a good trade, and this is a good trade. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

They do.But you trust them if they do good.Otherwise is trolling.

I've been accused of a lot of things, but never trolling. Do you honestly believe I'm trolling, just because I think we overpaid for a pending UFA?

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

To be unfair, I'm not concerned.

Y. Let them do their job. They haven't missed much. 

I'm waiting for how they gel and play down the stretch.  Coaching deployment etc. Can they win the west and get a good first round draw, etc. Injuries and recoveries (eg Soucy).

Potential additional trades (Tanev, Toffoli) and depth moves by TDL.  

Plenty of hockey left.  Nux will play a lot of tough teams ahead (Bruins, Jets, Avs, Canes, VGK etc).  See if they can continue the consistent play and avoid losing streaks. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It's not though, sorry, can't agree. A first is always in the equation for a top player, always. Kuz is par and freeing up next years 5.5 is big

The prospects and picks are long shots. Maybe players, but percentage wise more likely Brendan Gaunce and Jack Rathbone. 

You know that pick is higher then Hogs was......lol.  and it is not the pick I am even concerned about.  Lol.  

We dealt a top player, two prospects and two picks.  5 assets for a player for three months.  That is a high price.  

But yes, it was the price to play.  It may be the price to win a cup.  It is what it is.  

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

A day after to digest the trade and I'm as pumped for it as ever. Maybe it's my attitude. This team is legit. I'd sooner take a chance and lose knowing everything was done to win. Everything that didn't include giving up top quality young assets. Going down swinging is the only way for me. Losing with a hole in the top six like we had and keeping the  longshot assets would piss me off.

Exactly. This team is legit, and we keep getting better. We must go for it. What Allvin is doing is something that no other Canucks GM ever has: bought top-end talent to make a run at the cup. If we didn't go for it, we'd always wonder if we could've won the cup were we to go all in. And, since we have to be honest here, we haven't even hurt our future one bit with the trade we just made. Hunter is years away and we don't need a pp1 dman with Hughes, Hronek, Willander, nor will a late 1st be ready for however many years from now, and that's assuming it even hits, and Kuz was found money. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If the Canucks win a couple of rounds and Linholm plays well, I won't say it was a bad trade....

But if Kuz reverts to his form of last season and Hunter B continues his current trajectory, then I will.

lol thats cherry picking based on information you are gaining after the trade.  You cant use information you gain after something happened to then judge the thing that happened. 

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If the Canucks win a couple of rounds and Linholm plays well, I won't say it was a bad trade....

But if Kuz reverts to his form of last season and Hunter B continues his current trajectory, then I will.

If Kuz revert to last year him,it mean Flames suck big time.Player who dont play defense has no future in NHL.And please stop with Hunter.We traded player like Hunter last year.Couldn't play.When he become something come and gloat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Its a gamble...like all trades...

But if not now, then when...?

This. It's sports. The margins in winning a playoff game or a round are often razor thin. You have to take some chances to be on the winning side of the razor. The time is absolutely now. If people want gaurantees? Maybe sports aren't for them.

• ThereItIs 2

It's crazy that there's posters complaining about this deal. What were we suppose to do in playoffs? Roll out Suter as a 2C?

Ppl sayin' it's only worth it if we win the cup. This team has been in the dark ages for 10 years.... a decade ppl...

I think it's safe to say most, if not all of us had we been told in September that the boys would make the playoffs would have been satisfied. Just my 2 cents.

I see it as Kuz not being trusted by Tocchet and his 5.5 being better allocated else where. The 1st will likely be late barring a complete collapse and HB while tearing it up is an undersized offensive minded dman in the OHL..... it's not as if he's tearing up the AHL or a top Euro League..and often the junior game doesn't translate. Time will tell. 

Rental or not Lindholm is going to help us down the stretch and who knows what can happen in playoffs. I'd do this trade 10 times outta 10

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I've been accused of a lot of things, but never trolling. Do you honestly believe I'm trolling, just because I think we overpaid for a pending UFA?

What you think has no value brother.Guys who made this decision are professionals who won Cup few times.People who know how to build teams.Proven track.Putin your opinion against all this is trolling.

5 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

You know that pick is higher then Hogs was......lol.  and it is not the pick I am even concerned about.  Lol.  

We dealt a top player, two prospects and two picks.  5 assets for a player for three months.  That is a high price.  

But yes, it was the price to play.  It may be the price to win a cup.  It is what it is.  

So your concerned about quantity. The pick could be Hogs, but 75 to 85 percent of the time it isn't. Way too much value on picks around here when the window is now. All those assets are longshots. Pressbox Kuz is not a top player for us and if he sits all playoffs and down the stretch, he has negative value. Love Kuz, good story, but winning is not a cowards game. He was useless to us and was time to cut bait on him. 

Edited by Rekker
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Thats not how trades work. You don't get to wait 4 years and then say "oh, well that was a bad trade". 

The trade is made based on the information GM's have now, with the players they have now. 

It's like buying a used car, and then deciding in 4 years whether you got a good deal. 

If at the time it was a good deal, then its a good deal. Sometimes a good deal doesn't work out in the long run, but it was still a good deal. Whatever happened after the deal is out of anyones control.

And regardless of the future, a good trade is a good trade, and this is a good trade. 

Disagree. That's exactly how trades work.

When the Canucks traded Cam Neely and a pick (that turned out to be Glen Wesley) for Barry Pederson, it looked like a good deal for the Canucks based on the information they had at the time.

But we absolutely look back on that as a bad trade.

Miller 

Pettersson 

Lindholm

Blueger 

Suter

Aman

That C depth is amazing. Best in the NHL. In the playoffs C depth is gold. 

We can play EP Miller Lindholm as our top 3 Cs when needed in matchups.

That level of elite C depth is absolutely scary for the opposition.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I don’t know Kids - call me a Debbie Downer but the fact that this dude has dropped off significantly from his 80+Points 40+goals season two years ago has me concerned… Clearly he doesn’t carry the line he’s on and I kind of want him to… Miller managed to get points no matter who he was with - this guy isn’t a Miller type player… He needs to have good players supporting him in order to get points which makes sense yes…

but…. Still I’m kinda concerned 

I trust management tho…

they seem to know what they are doing…

so far so good… 

these guys seem to have the Midas touch… Every player they acquire fits in excels and thrives under the coaching system and personnel

Thing is he’ll be playing with top end fwds here and not relied on to drive a line. Key will be winning FOs, playing 200’, playing large minutes, and burying the chances he gets. I think he is up to the challenge.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Ppl sayin' it's only worth it if we win the cup

Yip. This comment gets me riled when said. Not trying to be an ass, but if that's how sports translate in their brains, maybe sports aren't for them. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Miller 

Pettersson 

Lindholm

Blueger 

Suter

Aman

That C depth is amazing. Best in the NHL. In the playoffs C depth is gold. 

We can play EP Miller Lindholm as our top 3 Cs when needed in matchups.

That level of elite C depth is absolutely scary for the opposition.  

Lafferty and Joshua have both also played C and can take draws if one of our mainstay C's gets kicked out of the dot. 

Miller kicked out, Suter takes it.
Petey gets kicked out, Lindy takes it.
Blueger gets kicked out, Joshua takes it. 
Aman gets kicked out, Lafferty takes it. 

Insane.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

You cant use information you gain after something happened to then judge the thing that happened. 

Sure you can. After the Titanic sank, it was learned that ships need enough lifeboats for all persons aboard. Isn't 1500+ deaths caused by lack of lifeboats using information after the fact to judge the event? 

Whether people like this trade or not, what gets me excited is that we’re going all in for the cup! 
we haven’t been here for a long time, and let’s be honest, no one expected us in this position this year. 

God it’s good to have the Canucks back! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1