[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Swapping out Garland for Hoglander could capsize the chemistry on that 3rd line.  Blueger and Joshua are feeding off of Garland's line driving ability.  Take out Garland and the STRONG likelihood is Blueger and Joshua's numbers drop.  That's the point in all this.  Hoglander doesn't drive play the same way Garland does.  He's NOT 95% of what Garland provides.  The numbers and facts prove that, but you're ignoring it all and just stating your eye test as fact.

Hoglander looked just fine on that line setting up a goal a few weeks ago.

https://www.nhl.com/video/dakota-joshua-with-a-short-goal-vs-arizona-coyotes-6345159765112

Yeah, he can. And what he can't, he can continue to develop.

And like I said, that's the thing with career years, even if all 3 were back next year, their numbers almost certainly drop regardless.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I've provided facts backed by analytics and stats, but apparently that's all meaningless and that Garland making $4.95M vs Mikheyev making $4.75M while Garland actually has more points as well, all means that Mikheyev is the superior asset? 

Mik plays in the top 6, Garland doesn't.  And has nearly the same stats, coming off a MAJOR surgery, against higher QOC, and saddled with a majorly slumping, largely useless Kuzmenko. It's not about whwther one is superior or not anyway. One's a better fit, higher up the roster.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Thing is he’ll be playing with top end fwds here and not relied on to drive a line. Key will be winning FOs, playing 200’, playing large minutes, and burying the chances he gets. I think he is up to the challenge.

And taking minutes and pressure off JT in the meantime. JT while playing like Superman now, will be hard-pressed to keep that up through playoff rounds. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Miller 

Pettersson 

Lindholm

Blueger 

Suter

Aman

That C depth is amazing. Best in the NHL. In the playoffs C depth is gold. 

We can play EP Miller Lindholm as our top 3 Cs when needed in matchups.

That level of elite C depth is absolutely scary for the opposition.  

Agreed; ability to have miller and lindholm on ice for critical Off zone FOs is awesome! I love Petey, but his FOs are meh.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rekker said:

A day after to digest the trade and I'm as pumped for it as ever. Maybe it's my attitude. This team is legit. I'd sooner take a chance and lose knowing everything was done to win. Everything that didn't include giving up top quality young assets. Going down swinging is the only way for me. Losing with a hole in the top six like we had and keeping the  longshot assets would piss me off.

People are over rating the prospects we gave up for a legitimate 2 way top 6 Center.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Agree with this.  If it were clear that we would lose this line, I think Joshua provides the best bang for the buck right now and I hope either way he gets re-signed.

Yeah, I agree he's the one to focus on. It's a shame as I love the way Blueger plays and how solid he thinks the game defensively first. He's probably in line for a good deal though and he'll be looking for some term.

Hopefully Joshua can be had for a decent deal and he doesn't get something outrageous thrown his way.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

ove this trade. I think we underpaid.  Brzustewicz is way over valued imo. Jurmo is a career minor leaguer with call up duty in NHL Kuzmenko was a cap

Yip. Quantity, not quality. We kept Will, Lekk, Hogs, Pods. Great deal for us. It's a good deal for the Flames as well. They restocked their cupboard. Kraft dinner, but it's grub. Lol.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

lol thats cherry picking based on information you are gaining after the trade.  You cant use information you gain after something happened to then judge the thing that happened. 

Yes you can?

11 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

If Kuz revert to last year him,it mean Flames suck big time.Player who dont play defense has no future in NHL.And please stop with Hunter.We traded player like Hunter last year.Couldn't play.When he become something come and gloat.

Really? We traded the 3rd leading scorer in the OHL from last year? A right handed defenseman?

And I won't be gloating. I want to be wrong.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Flames have nice forum.Hunter is there too.

Been here since the beginning and on CDC since '04. I don't think you get to tell me I'm not welcome, just because I don't agree with your take on a trade.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

6 hours ago, Metal Face Doom said:

People are over rating the prospects we gave up for a legitimate 2 way top 6 Center.

100 percent. A simple look through our prospect history will tell you all you need to know what longshots these players and picks are. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 1

Just now, Rekker said:

And taking minutes and pressure off JT in the meantime. JT while playing like Superman now, will be hard-pressed to keep that up through playoff rounds. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know about that Lemon..

I love this trade. I think we underpaid.  Brzustewicz is way over valued imo. Jurmo is a career minor leaguer with call up duty in NHL Kuzmenko was a cap dump.. 

Having said all that I don't think it's trolling if some of our fellow CFF members disagree and think we over paid.  

That's the whole point of being on this forum. Different opinions and perspectives on the team we all cheer for. 

If you have facts to complain yes.What pisses me of when someone hype kid who might be or not something.Big unknown.Bloggers watching him.Making hype.We traded one last year like him.Couldn't play.He is Straws tween brother😂😋

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Really? We traded the 3rd leading scorer in the OHL from last year? A right handed defenseman?

Irony- watching  a poster say "Your opinion doesn't matter"  but he doesn't seem to understand he himself is only posting his opinion.

Some posts just are not worth the effort of conversing with.

Edited by Gurn
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

No it isn't. I'm saying it now. I could very easily be proven wrong. That's why it's called an opinion.

It's really no different that others saying these players won't amount to anything.

Listen: I get it. People are excited, because we got a very good player, who should help are chances at winning. I just feel like we overpaid and I wouldn't have done the deal. People are absolutely free to disagree with that opinion, but no amount of arguing is going to make me believe I'm wrong.

And as I've said several times already, I really hope I am wrong and all of you guys are right.

Fair enough

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You are.You cant hear.We traded very same hype player last year.Couldn't play.Wish him all the luck,but dont make him something he might not be.Every trade is to be judged at list year after.So why you are in rush .At list i am happy ,to watch great team second half of this year.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mikheyev has only scored more than 13 goals ONCE in his entire career.  Now he's able to score 20 on any line??  Oh man... people are overrating Mikheyev so much here it's mind boggling.

no.... youre crazy... he is a 20 goal scorer...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Take a look at Hockey DB please. It's littered with point getters that amount to nothing. It's a factor, but just one of the factors. He's still a long shot to make the NHL. Another factor with Hunter is he was an unsigned American player. If he enrolls in school maybe he never signs. Not saying that's the case, but maybe management though it was?

22 minutes ago, Rekker said:

A day after to digest the trade and I'm as pumped for it as ever. Maybe it's my attitude. This team is legit. I'd sooner take a chance and lose knowing everything was done to win. Everything that didn't include giving up top quality young assets. Going down swinging is the only way for me. Losing with a hole in the top six like we had and keeping the  longshot assets would piss me off.

0ru3rNZY4tSvchK3Tb.webp

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Yip. This comment gets me riled when said. Not trying to be an ass, but if that's how sports translate in their brains, maybe sports aren't for them. 

Yup I agree 100 percent. Also I can safely bet had we ran with Suter as our 2C we definitely weren't winning a cup.

Lindholm provides alot we can keep the lotto line together, we have insurance down the middle incase of an injury to JT or EP or we can roll out 2 scary 1st lines... 

EP40 Lindholm Mikeyev 

_____   Miller BB6

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Yip. Quantity, not quality. We kept Will, Lekk, Hogs, Pods. Great deal for us. It's a good deal for the Flames as well. They restocked their cupboard. Kraft dinner, but it's grub. Lol.

Exactly this.

It's a lot of pieces that's all. 

People look at 5 pieces and think wow, what a payment. But I would rather it be this package than just Lekkerimaki or Willander alone. 

Podz Bains Raty are all almost ripened and ready to move up to the NHL. They'll be on the Canucks next season. We didn't lose any of those guys. 

If we lost Podz I would have still been happy about getting Lindholm but disappointed in losing Podz. That would have been hard to take for me but I'd still be happy to get a legit chance at the Cup..

But we gave up a lot of low end assets.  

I think we underpaid. We oversold Brzustewicz and got the best player available this TDL.

Excellent job by JR/PA

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know about that Lemon..

I love this trade. I think we underpaid.  Brzustewicz is way over valued imo. Jurmo is a career minor leaguer with call up duty in NHL Kuzmenko was a cap dump.. 

Having said all that I don't think it's trolling if some of our fellow CFF members disagree and think we over paid.  

That's the whole point of being on this forum. Different opinions and perspectives on the team we all cheer for. 

Without actual discourse it'd just be a boring echo chamber. 

• ThereItIs 2

17 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

We dealt a top player, two prospects and two picks.  5 assets for a player for three months.  That is a high price.

Kuzmenko wasnt a top player for us this season he was a cap dump. Besides that we traded one good prospect, one failed prospect who we hadn't signed and would lose his rights this summer, a 4th round pick and a late first in a draft that drops off hard after 20.

Would you have been happier if we traded kuz to Chicago for a 4th round pick and then traded Hunter B a 1st and a 2nd for Lindholm?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1