[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

35 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

I have been seeing this a lot but I think that if we trade Garland then we can also trade Joshua. Garland makes Joshua and that line click. Just my POV

true... but maybe joshua isnt a Anson Carter and wont demand more than his career is worth...

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Remember when people were saying we need more D, we need more forward depth, we need a 2C, etc ... it wasn't that long ago.

Every time people cried "we need" ... Allvin and co. have filled those needs. Pretty impressive.

Spot on. Not only do did we get the needed 2c here, but our competition for the Cup failed to land EL to fill their same need for a 2c. Makes the road ahead that much smoother for the Canucks.

Rags and their arrogant fans are just going to settle for less, once again. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Irony- watching  a poster say "Your opinion doesn't matter"  but he doesn't seem to understand he himself is only posting his opinion.

Some folk just are not worth the effort of conversing with.

Opinion is opinion.You can debate everything here on this forum.But it is ridicules when amateur start to judge heavy professional.Doesn't looks you little off????Specially his case.He is in love for one prospect and one prospect only.I am in love with team,and have trust in people until they start to go terrible wrong.

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Been here since the beginning and on CDC since '04. I don't think you get to tell me I'm not welcome, just because I don't agree with your take on a trade.

This place is overpopulated by homers.

The status quo today is that Aatu Raty is a legit and super exciting prospect.  If he was traded tomorrow for a 3rd round pick, the consensus attitude would quickly change.  People are great at thinking criticially when it suits them.

Everyone has their limit on a pricetag.  If we traded 10 first round picks for Lindholm, I imagine there would be more upset posters.  For me, the price for Lindholm (a likely rental) was way too high as is but I guess I'm just a h8er.  Even if we resign him, what is the cost?  Petey, Hronek, Boeser...etc?   

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Opinion is opinion.You can debate everything here on this forum.But it is ridicules when amateur start to judge heavy professional.Doesn't looks you little off????Specially his case.He is in love for one prospect and one prospect only.I am in love with team,and have trust in people until they start to go terrible wrong.

Well, that's just like your opinion- and those don't matter.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If we lost Podz I would have still been happy about getting Lindholm but disappointed in losing Podz.

That alone is a great point. Keep Pods and 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

EP40 Lindholm Mikeyev 

_____   Miller BB6

When is Giuseppe back? He was floundering a bit before injury, but healthy and fresh I'd give him a go there again. He's a top quality digger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Calgary could've done us a big solid and retained 1 m even, that's about all I was disappointed in seeing. 

Maybe they will do that for Tanev so we can fit him under the cap.  

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

I have been seeing this a lot but I think that if we trade Garland then we can also trade Joshua. Garland makes Joshua and that line click. Just my POV

I don't see the 3rd line being broken up this season. 

i think Garland goes in the summer. His $5 mill cap hit is going to be needed to put towards other assets. Garland will be replaced with a lower cap hit guy.

But right now that 3rd line is best in the league and for the upcoming Cup run we don't want to mess with that chemistry. 

In the summer  we'll have to trade him. $5 mill cap can't be afforded on 3rd liner next season. 

• ThereItIs 3

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Y. Let them do their job. They haven't missed much. 

I'm waiting for how they gel and play down the stretch.  Coaching deployment etc. Can they win the west and get a good first round draw, etc. Injuries and recoveries (eg Soucy).

Potential additional trades (Tanev, Toffoli) and depth moves by TDL.  

Plenty of hockey left.  Nux will play a lot of tough teams ahead (Bruins, Jets, Avs, Canes, VGK etc).  See if they can continue the consistent play and avoid losing streaks. 

We did what we needed to do to fill that 2C need. We can't control the next part. So, not concerned. We got better to prepare for these tests against Bruins, Jets, Avs, etc, which will be good prep for the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

The status quo today is that Aatu Raty is a legit and super exciting prospect.  If he was traded tomorrow for a 3rd round pick, the consensus attitude would quickly change.  People are great at thinking criticially when it suits them.

Everyone has their limit on a pricetag.  If we traded 10 first round picks for Lindholm, I imagine there would be more upset posters.  For me, the price for Lindholm (a likely rental) was way too high as is but I guess I'm just a h8er.  Even if we resign him, what is the cost?  Petey, Hronek, Boeser...etc?   

i h8 your username it upsets me... do you care about that...???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

You should go on Dali podcast with Jim Rutherford.He nicely explained whole situation.Would help to understand more.Maybe

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Spot on. Not only do did we get the needed 2c here, but our competition for the Cup failed land EL to fill their same need for a 2c. Makes the road ahead that much smoother for the Canucks.

Rags and their arrogant fans are just going to settle for less, once again. 

Great points! Also, the fact that we did this early before the deadline gives EL good time to adjust. 

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Lafferty and Joshua have both also played C and can take draws if one of our mainstay C's gets kicked out of the dot. 

Miller kicked out, Suter takes it.
Petey gets kicked out, Lindy takes it.
Blueger gets kicked out, Joshua takes it. 
Aman gets kicked out, Lafferty takes it. 

Insane.

And Boeser is decent at face offs too.  

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Crunch the numbers and you'll see we're not in dire straights with re-signing all our high-end talent and filling role player spots.

3 minutes ago, Screw said:

I personally want to see:

Hoglander-Lindholm-EP40

Let's. Do. This.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That alone is a great point. Keep Pods and 

When is Giuseppe back? He was floundering a bit before injury, but healthy and fresh I'd give him a go there again. He's a top quality digger. 

Last I remember his injury wasn't fully disclosed. It's a lower body injury and Tocchet said he's out for a "while "

He's a digger and has a good motor. But I think JR PA will still try to add a winger at the tdl. Someone like PDG with more finish. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2