[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Well, that's just like your opinion- and those don't matter.

I have no problem with that brother.I never called no one stupid or something else.Meant no disrespect to no one.So come at me with some arguments.After all it is fun.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

For that price? Never.

Don't think its a steep price...

It's a chance and at worst it will have cost us HB (who may/may not be something, and a late 1st.... and gained cap space... 

This year and next we need to make a push, and then we'll likely have 2 years where we make some roster changes and get younger...

JR said it in an interview that we had many prospects, probably too many, so if that's how the feel I'm good.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Sure you can. After the Titanic sank, it was learned that ships need enough lifeboats for all persons aboard. Isn't 1500+ deaths caused by lack of lifeboats using information after the fact to judge the event? 

I think that fact was already known. They were just too cheap to add that many lifeboats. 

After the accident it was required.  

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hoglander looked just fine on that line setting up a goal a few weeks ago.

https://www.nhl.com/video/dakota-joshua-with-a-short-goal-vs-arizona-coyotes-6345159765112

Yeah, he can. And what he can't, he can continue to develop.

And like I said, that's the thing with career years, even if all 3 were back next year, their numbers almost certainly drop regardless.

Mik plays in the top 6, Garland doesn't.  And has nearly the same stats, coming off a MAJOR surgery, against higher QOC, and saddled with a majorly slumping, largely useless Kuzmenko. It's not about whwther one is superior or not anyway. One's a better fit, higher up the roster.

Mikheyev has spent a ton of time with Petey on his line this year.  Garland has played with Blueger and Joshua all year.  It's not even close in terms of the opportunity that Mik has had over Garland.

1 goal doesn't mean anything.  I think you need to accept that Garland is extremely dominant when it comes to driving a line.  There's nothing that cam refute that unless we're just going off simple personal opinion.

Also, Garland isn't even on pace for a career year.  He's done better than thus before with 19 goals and 52 points in 77 games.

Just because a player plays on a so called 2nd line doesn't make him a bona-fide top 6 guy.  Especially so when that line has been absolute garbage for months. 

Mik has 4 points in his last 16 games and 0 goals 😐

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Sure you can. After the Titanic sank, it was learned that ships need enough lifeboats for all persons aboard. Isn't 1500+ deaths caused by lack of lifeboats using information after the fact to judge the event? 

Not sure how to answer that, but I bet Leonardo DiCaprio does.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Last I remember his injury wasn't fully disclosed. It's a lower body injury and Tocchet said he's out for a "while "

He's a digger and has a good motor. But I think JR PA will still try to add a winger at the tdl. Someone like PDG with more finish. 

If they go for a winger, I think it'll be a rough and tumble winger...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

I have no problem with that brother.I never called no one stupid or something else.Meant no disrespect to no one.So come at me with some arguments.After all it is fun.

Yip. Your welcome to comment brother. But maybe find the space bar on your keyboard. Lol.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That alone is a great point. Keep Pods and 

When is Giuseppe back? He was floundering a bit before injury, but healthy and fresh I'd give him a go there again. He's a top quality digger. 

I believe PDG will have a good playoff influence and do well....he is built for playoff intensity 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Even though I have mixed feelings with the trade (mainly cause Lindhom is a UFA and is likely looking for a raise), let's remember that this immediately makes our team much better.

Lindholm is a right handed C that is one of the best in taking faceoffs in the league. Lindholm also rounds out our top 6 nicely, and allows Pettersson to have a legitimate linemate. Lindholm also can slot into our 1st powerplay unit and can also help us on the penalty kill. 

The hope is now that management can sell Pettersson, Lindholm, and Hronek to all sign contracts that will solidify this core for at least the next 2-3 years. I'm hopeful that they can and will convince them to do so. If after those 2-3 years we're still stuck, then we can look towards altering the roster again.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Steep price.  Too bad they couldn't have got a package deal that included Tanev.  Now THAT would have  been a blockbuster. 

But I love that JR and Allvin struck early. Got er done. 

Yip, and time for Tocchet to see what combos can work.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

The $8M to $9M ask was before this season started.  He was 1 year removed from his 82 point campaign... even though he only had 64 points last year, it could be seen as an anomaly.  However, as this season is more than half over, we see that he has trended downward even more to be on pace for only 54 points.  I doubt he will ask for $8M to $9M at this point.

Yes, I remembered that afterward. Cheers.

If PA does some wizardry and locks him in while he's "low", he could potentially be another "value" contract moving forward, coz I think he will be a force with us once he gets acclimated with the team, systems, etc....especially in the playoff push this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Take a look at Hockey DB please. It's littered with point getters that amount to nothing. It's a factor, but just one of the factors. He's still a long shot to make the NHL. Another factor with Hunter is he was an unsigned American player. If he enrolls in school maybe he never signs. Not saying that's the case, but maybe management though it was?

Yep. All of that may be true.

But it also might be false. All I can base my opinion on is what I see before me and 3rd overall in the OHL for a defenseman is pretty impressive. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Yep. All of that may be true.

But it also might be false. All I can base my opinion on is what I see before me and 3rd overall in the OHL for a defenseman is pretty impressive. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Don't mean to rag on you, your entitled to your thoughts fellow Nucker. But waiting to see how things turn out means little to me. I'm of the mindset of filling the big hole in the top six at a reasonable cost, hit the playoffs and win, or go down swinging. How the prospects turn out means nothing to me compared to going into the show shined and ready.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think that fact was already known. They were just too cheap to add that many lifeboats. 

After the accident it was required.  

Funny thing is. The calculation of lifeboats was based on tonnage from 20 years prior. Not the amount of passengers and crew.

Titanic actually had more lifeboats than the regulations required. Still not enough though. And that got changed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The only things of value we gave up were Kuz, who was just going to keep getting sabotaged by Tocchet, and a later first.  Would have liked if Cahlgary had retained so another top 6 winger could be added, but the cost was pretty low all things considered.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I think these are optimistic takes....as is the idea that we can re-sign EL at a reasonable price.

As I said before, I hope I'm wrong and all of you are right.

The assets we gave up are pretty acceptable. I think everyone under the sun knew our first was getting traded for some playoff help. We didn't give up our best assets in Willander and Lekkerimaki. Brzustewicz is scoring lots but we've all seen players like this not make it at the NHL level. Jurmo and the 4th are nothing throw ins. Kuzmenko was bordering on healthy scratch material and frees up a much needed $5.5 mil both this year and next. Last year was fun but he has showed he can't repeat that performance and play responsible hockey at the same time. He also can't seem to do it without being fed by Petey either.

This is a fair price to pay and very reasonable for a team in our position. I'm very happy with what we gave up. I don't really feel we lost much of anything except the first rounder but that's what teams in our position do.

1 minute ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I don't know Barn really like most of your points but this isn't really that bad of a payment

It sure is if we don't win the cup and/or he walks in free agency. 

Having said that, what's done is done. 

Let's hope he regains his mojo from two years ago. 

This year he's been underwhelming to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

It sure is if we don't win the cup and/or he walks in free agency. 

Having said that, what's done is done. 

Let's hope he regains his mojo from two years ago. 

This year he's been underwhelming to say the least. 

Maybe if we trade for Tkachuk and Gaudreau... he may "refind" his mojo pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Steep price.  Too bad they couldn't have got a package deal that included Tanev.  Now THAT would have  been a blockbuster. 

But I love that JR and Allvin struck early. Got er done. 

Apparently Calgary wanted another 1st for them to include Tanev. Love Tan, but that was an absolute no-go.

• Upvote 2