[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I think there's a good chance Myers comes back at 2-3.5M

I agree, unless there's someone else out there that makes sense, I think he will back for 1 more year. Unless they feel like Willander is going to be ready next year, I think they figure out a stop gap.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree, unless there's someone else out there that makes sense, I think he will back for 1 more year. Unless they feel like Willander is going to be ready next year, I think they figure out a stop gap.

If he's going to take less for anyone it'd almost certainly be us

Lot of pros to bringing him back as a stopgap tbh

I don't think Willander is a Canuck next year, he should be allowed to stew

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Personally not sorry to see him go. Maybe take the job seriously next year if you give a crap about NHL hockey.

@stawns obviously Tocchet didn't destroy his value

I wouldn't say that.  Kuz plus two prospects and two draft picks for a guy having his worst year with his current team. That's a lot.  Kuz was a 39 goal scorer

• Cheers 2

Is it fair to say the Canucks are now the team to beat in the West? I think the Canucks have the best depth. Will be able to roll 4 lines for 60 minutes and grind these other teams down. Demko can steal a series on his own. I still think we might need another defenceman as injuries can definitely happen over a long playoff and i wouldnt want to have to rely on a guy like Friedman. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mikheyev has played 365min with Petey this season.  More than he has played with any other player.  Unless Petey is the corpse you speak of, there's no excuse that he has 0 goals in 16 straight games and only 4 points to show for it.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerreport.php?fromseason=20232024&thruseason=20232024&playerid=8481624&sit=5v5&stype=2&stdoi=oi&rate=&v=t

Petey - 365:25

Kuzmenko - 280:07

Hughes - 217:16

Hronek - 212:30

So 3 of the top 4 guys that Mikheyev has played most with this year are 3 of the top players on this team.  What's the excuse?

Here's Garland:

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerreport.php?fromseason=20232024&thruseason=20232024&stype=2&sit=5v5&stdoi=oi&rate=n&v=t&playerid=8478856

Joshua - 406:00

Blueger - 347:48

Cole - 219:52

Myers - 218:07

Your argument is completely false and is based on nothing but personal opinion.  As I've stated, Garland is the superior player, costs only $200k more, and is way more qualified to be a top 6 forward than Mikheyev.  It's not even close man.  You're starting to look foolish arguing that Mikheyev is worth keeping more than Garland.

100% Mik has dragged down every line he's been on. He's just not getting involved. For a player lauded for his defensive play. He doesn't block shots, hit, create turnovers, pk, or do much at all. For a guy playing with two of our best on ice goal differential guys in Pete +46  Kuzz +23 Mik has the 4th worst goal differential of the fwds on our team while enjoying OZ deployment. 

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I agree pro scouting has been excellent. 

But you, me, or anyone knows with absolute certainty that Brz is over performing, or won't become an elite offensive RD. 

Like I've said, let's hope Lindholm picks up his underwhelming game this year, contributes to winning us the cup, and signs a reasonable contract. 

If he contributes to us winning a cup then he could walk and I'd still consider it a massive W. 

At the end of the day it's entirely possible, maybe even probable, that we lose this trade, but those are the chances that you take when you want to go for it. It's not about winning or losing a trade, it's about doing what's best for the team. 

We still have Lek, Willander, PeteyD, Raty, Silovs, Podkolzin and a handful of others that look to be NHLers pretty soon. Our prospect pool took a hit, but it's still mostly intact. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If he's going to take less for anyone it'd almost certainly be us

Lot of pros to bringing him back as a stopgap tbh

I don't think Willander is a Canuck next year, he should be allowed to stew

12 Points and 22 games for a Rookie in College as a D-man is pretty good.

But let him learn a bit more. It will be interesting in the Spring of 2025 what he's going to want to do.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Even though I have mixed feelings with the trade (mainly cause Lindhom is a UFA and is likely looking for a raise), let's remember that this immediately makes our team much better.

Lindholm is a right handed C that is one of the best in taking faceoffs in the league. Lindholm also rounds out our top 6 nicely, and allows Pettersson to have a legitimate linemate. Lindholm also can slot into our 1st powerplay unit and can also help us on the penalty kill. 

The hope is now that management can sell Pettersson, Lindholm, and Hronek to all sign contracts that will solidify this core for at least the next 2-3 years. I'm hopeful that they can and will convince them to do so. If after those 2-3 years we're still stuck, then we can look towards altering the roster again.

Well said. The other key is that he is an RT guy through and through; he’ll play a lot in hard minutes. We didn’t have that with Kuz nor the players promoted up.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Rekker said:

We are. But playoffs are a different animal. Win the first round and your in the final eight. You need depth to carry through. Goals against are everything and we just picked up a quality defensive right centre. 

Yep. This might be right. I hope it is.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Doesn't change the fact that this season he still has less points than Garland, but yet he has played more minutes with the top guys on this team than Garland has. 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Mik is coming off major knee surgery that requires the better part of a year to recover from, has been playing with a massively slumping Kuzmenko who has not been putting up points, against usually higher QOC, has more size, and more speed and actually fits/plays a required role in our top 6, and has similar stats despite all those roadblocks. 

Yes, it IS obvious who should be moved out. Garland.

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

"Opportunity" on a line while dragging the corpse of Kuzmenko...sure. Top 6 lines don't function with only one of the skill guys going. You need two skill guys and a complementary "mucker".

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

12 Points and 22 games for a Rookie in College as a D-man is pretty good.

But let him learn a bit more. It will be interesting in the Spring of 2025 what he's going to want to do.

I'm opposed to rushing young prospects in general, blue chip or not, we've seen where that can go in the past

It's not easy to step in and be an NHL D, I'd rather let him mature and develop away from this rabid market

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't say that.  Kuz plus two prospects and two draft picks for a guy having his worst year with his current team. That's a lot.  Kuz was a 39 goal scorer

You can say Kuz “was” a 39 goal scorer 

but youre talking like Lindholm is a bit of a bum by not acknowledging he “was” a 40 goal scorer plus all the buckets or intangibles he brings

i gey it though, it fits your narrative better

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, 48MPHSlapshot said:

If he contributes to us winning a cup then he could walk and I'd still consider it a massive W. 

At the end of the day it's entirely possible, maybe even probable, that we lose this trade, but those are the chances that you take when you want to go for it. It's not about winning or losing a trade, it's about doing what's best for the team. 

We still have Lek, Willander, PeteyD, Raty, Silovs, Podkolzin and a handful of others that look to be NHLers pretty soon. Our prospect pool took a hit, but it's still mostly intact. 

Then it's all or nothing. 

That's what it basically comes down to. 

Look, if he's one of the missing ingredients, we win the cup this year and he walks, I would be absolutely thrilled. 

But if we don't win the cup and he either walks or is overpaid, we lose. 

Here's to hoping we win this year. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

100% Mik has dragged down every line he's been on. He's just not getting involved. For a player lauded for his defensive play. He doesn't block shots, hit, create turnovers, pk, or do much at all. For a guy playing with two of our best on ice goal differential guys in Pete +46  Kuzz +23 Mik has the 4th worst goal differential of the fwds on our team while enjoying OZ deployment. 

I think people's judgment is still clouded by Toronto's media bias on lauding how amazing Mikheyev was when he was a Leaf.  In reality, he has been given all the opportunity in the world here, but somehow he's still gonna struggle to put up 20 goals and 50 points.  He's on pace for 18 goals and 42 points. 

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Then it's all or nothing. 

That's what it basically comes down to. 

Look, if he's one of the missing ingredients, we win the cup this year and he walks, I would be absolutely thrilled. 

But if we don't win the cup and he either walks or is overpaid, we lose. 

Here's to hoping we win this year. 

That depends on if he renews here.

If he doesn't. Ouch.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Stop ignoring the facts, the stats, and the analytics.  I literally pointed out how Mikheyev has played the most with Petey, Kuzmenko, Hughes, and Hronek.  What more does he need to produce?  He's on pace for 18 goals and 42 points and that is dropping with each passing game where he doesn't hit the scoresheet.

There is absolutely ZERO basis in terms of factual numbers that supports what you're saying, so the only thing you've got is that of your personal opinion.

PS - the guy is injured every single year, so he's basically in 'recovery' mode every single year.  He hasn't played more than 54 games in a season since he has been in the NHL!

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That depends on if he renews here.

If he doesn't. Ouch.

Right. And I just said that. 

I'm hoping he'll pick his game up and come to reasonable agreement before free agency. Otherwise, that's a lot of assets to flush down the drain. 

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Myers will likely get +/- $4m this summer. Rather bring Tanev home this summer (if the TDL isn't meant to be). Better D man, even better in the room than Myers. Between Zadorov, Soucy and Juulsen (and Hronek isn't big but no wilting flower either), we have enough beef. Could also bring Cole back on a cheaper deal as our 6th.

Yeah you bet even this if we can't afford Cole.

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Tanev 2yr 

Zadorov 3 yr- Juulsen 

That's leagues ahead of what we have iced over the last 10 years. Would be awesome if Tanev signs a good home town discount to try to win a cup where it all started. Zadorov I think wants term over a big raise maybe just under 4m 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Myers will likely get +/- $4m this summer. Rather bring Tanev home this summer (if the TDL isn't meant to be). Better D man, even better in the room than Myers. Between Zadorov, Soucy and Juulsen (and Hronek isn't big but no wilting flower either), we have enough beef. Could also bring Cole back on a cheaper deal as our 6th.

I wouldn't mind bringing both back for hometown deals, but if there can only be one and you are comparing tanev to Myers you need to weigh out 60 games of tanev vs 80 games of Myers 

40 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What I like about how Allvin deals is that he makes hockey trades that are fair for both sides. Both teams can win a trade. He showed it with Bo, and he's shown it with Lindholm. 

The Hronek trade was a solid win win trade also. It turned out more in our favour, but at the time a mid 1st for Hronek was a fair trade

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Kuz also have worst year with his current team.We kept all our best prospects

• Cheers 1

The Lotto line hasn't been great lately so I wonder if they get split up in the middle part of the second half of the season. Surely after the ASG they'll be together, but they haven't been clicking 5-on-5 of late, just great on the PP.

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Lafferty - Aman - Hoglander

That's some great depth there.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Coryberg said:

I wouldn't mind bringing both back for hometown deals, but if there can only be one and you are comparing tanev to Myers you need to weigh out 60 games of tanev vs 80 games of Myers 

Also weigh the 100 penalties Myers takes vs the 7 Tanev tAkes lmao, kidding. Kind of. In all seriousness Myers puts the team down a lot and stuff like that can cost games where a guy like Tanevs style saves games from guys like Myers who take a lot of penalties.