[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Stop ignoring the facts, the stats, and the analytics.  I literally pointed out how Mikheyev has played the most with Petey, Kuzmenko, Hughes, and Hronek.  What more does he need to produce?  He's on pace for 18 goals and 42 points and that is dropping with each passing game where he doesn't hit the scoresheet.

There is absolutely ZERO basis in terms of factual numbers that supports what you're saying, so the only thing you've got is that of your personal opinion.

PS - the guy is injured every single year, so he's basically in 'recovery' mode every single year.  He hasn't played more than 54 games in a season since he has been in the NHL!

I'm not ignoring anything, you are. I expected him to have a down year coming off major knee surgery. Why are you ignoring that? Add him and Petey dragging the corpse of Kuz around and nobody should be surprised. What were his stats last year when not recovering from major surgery and playing on a line with two functioning line mates?

And again, this isn't about individual player numbers (as hard as you're desperately trying to make it one), it's about roster fit. It's a TEAM sport. Garland, while we both agree is a good player, is a luxury at $4.95m, that we won't be able to afford next year on our 3rd line. And he simply does not fit in our top 6. Mikheyev, is a solid, complementary top 6 player at $4.75m.

Expensive 3rd line luxury. Affordable complementary top 6 player. All the stats in the world aren't going to change that.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If he's going to take less for anyone it'd almost certainly be us

Lot of pros to bringing him back as a stopgap tbh

I don't think Willander is a Canuck next year, he should be allowed to stew

I agree, I think the only question is, do they sign him this year and then let him have a year in Abbotsford with more direct team involvement in his development.

10 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah you bet even this if we can't afford Cole.

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Tanev 2yr 

Zadorov 3 yr- Juulsen 

That's leagues ahead of what we have iced over the last 10 years. Would be awesome if Tanev signs a good home town discount to try to win a cup where it all started. Zadorov I think wants term over a big raise maybe just under 4m 

Yup, I'd bet we even see Hronek/Tanev swapped a good deal of the time. Have one of Hughes or Hronek on the ice for 45-50 minutes per 60🥰

Hronek will still get more minutes playing both special teams.

Hughes, Tanev

Soucy, Hronek

Zadorov, Cole (I could see him back for less $)

Juulssen

Or:

Hughes, Tanev

Cole, Hronek

Soucy, Zadorov

Juulsen

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree, I think the only question is, do they sign him this year and then let him have a year in Abbotsford with more direct team involvement in his development.

I believe Allvin already said he'd be one more year of Uni.

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

I'm not ignoring anything, you are. I expected him to have a down year coming off major knee surgery. Why are you ignoring that? Add him and Petey dragging the corpse of Kuz around and nobody should be surprised. What were his stats last year when not recovering from major surgery and playing on a line with two functioning line mates?

And again, this isn't about individual player numbers (as hard as you're desperately trying to make it one), it's about roster fit. It's a TEAM sport. Garland, while we both agree is a good player, is a luxury at $4.95m, that we won't be able to afford next on our 3rd line. And he simply does not fit in our top 6. Mikheyev, is a solid, complementary top 6 player at $4.75m.

Expensive 3rd line luxury. Affordable complementary top 6 player. All the stats in the world aren't going to change that.

What am I ignoring?  I've thrown every possible fact and statistic at you and you've glossed over all of them and just continue talking about how he is recovering from an injury, and now it's that PETEY and MIKHEYEV are dragging a corpse around.  Mikheyev plays with Elias friggin Pettersson.  He could sit in front of the net and have a puck bounce of his head in the past 16 games and have a goal.

Because the stats and facts don't fit your narrative, you have now resorted to "FIT" with this team?  Maybe how Garland, Joshua, and Blueger have become the best 3rd line in the entire league due to chemistry (read that as FIT)? 

We ABSOLUTELY can afford Garland on the 3rd line if Mikheyev is not on the roster anymore.  If it's between Garland and Mikheyev (looking at what they bring to this team), I'm going Garland all day every day.

SUTER is a complimentary top 6 guy.  He has more points and more goals that Mikheyev in 3 games playing with the same guys that Mikheyev has been playing with all year. 

Oh man, this is a hopeless debate.  Facts, numbers, stats, fit, chemistry, alternatives, and cap have ALL been addressed, but it's all just pointless because your opinion supercedes all of it. 

I. GIVE. UP.

16 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I wouldn't mind bringing both back for hometown deals, but if there can only be one and you are comparing tanev to Myers you need to weigh out 60 games of tanev vs 80 games of Myers 

He's been healthier. He'd also be spending a LOT less time in his own end here now. I think you can count on +/- 75 games from him.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think they'd be smart to delay his ELC tbh. But it also depends on what Willander wants. 

Hughes next deal will kick in for the 27-28 season, Demko's will kick in 26-27. Delaying his ELC has him on his ELC when said players are getting their large raises.

Him stepping in as a Canucks rookie in 25-26 would be better. He's only going to be 19 on the 9th, still very young. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'm not sure either. Some folks seem to think it's untouchable.

Then why not allow #11 as well? That was a promise from the former owner to the Maki family.

It's still a tragedy from a non hockey incident involving death, and the other was cancer. I have no issues with keeping both out of circulation.

Both died before the age of 30.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Really? We traded the 3rd leading scorer in the OHL from last year? A right handed defenseman?

And I won't be gloating. I want to be wrong.

If I am not mistaken, HB is playing on a ridiculously talented team and his assist total of 61 has something like 45 - 48 as second assists - yes, I did a bit of research on good ole Hunter B once he was moved to see what all the fuss was about - on all sides. If it was flipped around as in 45 - 48 were primary assists, he had excellent foot speed and played on a mediocre team while racking up the points then I would say we had a Bryan Fogarty (minus the alcohol problems, very sad) or Bobby Orr possibility. Will HB be an NHL player, probably, we shall see - playing in the AHL against much stiffer opponents will be telling. If PA / JR had a crystal ball and could foresee exactly where HB would be in 2, 3 or 4 years from now and it was Bobby Orr #2 then the trade would have gone down differently.

Love this trade, all-in and go for it ... damn the torpedoes, prospects, picks and occasional press box occupant. Picks and prospects don't win cups - unless you trade them for game-changers

image.gif.5d8e6f43455b627ab195d966f333bfca.gif

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Then why not allow #11 as well? That was a promise from the former owner to the Maki family.

It's still a tragedy from a non hockey incident involving death, and the other was cancer. I have no issues with keeping both out of circulation.

Both died before the age of 30.

I dunno, tradition I guess.

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

They will leave him in Boston for another year. PA has already said that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Johnny said:

You can say Kuz “was” a 39 goal scorer 

but youre talking like Lindholm is a bit of a bum by not acknowledging he “was” a 40 goal scorer plus all the buckets or intangibles he brings

i gey it though, it fits your narrative better

I agree. It's not terrible trade

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What am I ignoring? 

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I expected him to have a down year coming off major knee surgery. Why are you ignoring that?

I've thrown every possible fact and statistic at you and you've glossed over all of them and just continue talking about how he is recovering from an injury, and now it's that PETEY and MIKHEYEV are dragging a corpse around.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And again, this isn't about individual player numbers (as hard as you're desperately trying to make it one), it's about roster fit. It's a TEAM sport. Garland, while we both agree is a good player, is a luxury at $4.95m, that we won't be able to afford next year on our 3rd line. And he simply does not fit in our top 6. Mikheyev, is a solid, complementary top 6 player at $4.75m.

Mikheyev plays with Elias friggin Pettersson.  He could sit in front of the net and have a puck bounce of his head in the past 16 games and have a goal.

Nope, those 16 games he's been playing with Suter (not remotely a skilled line driver) and the corpse of Kuz.

Because the stats and facts don't fit your narrative, you have now resorted to "FIT" with this team?  Maybe how Garland, Joshua, and Blueger have become the best 3rd line in the entire league due to chemistry (read that as FIT)? 

We ABSOLUTELY can afford Garland on the 3rd line if Mikheyev is not on the roster anymore.  If it's between Garland and Mikheyev (looking at what they bring to this team), I'm going Garland all day every day.

We're already lacking one top 6 capable complementary player in the top 6, resorting to playing bottom 6 guys like PDG and Suter there alongside Miller and Boeser. And you want to get rid of the one we do have. Who's playing that role next year after you move him? Who's filling now two holes you've created? It's not Garland.

SUTER is a complimentary top 6 guy.  He has more points and more goals that Mikheyev in 3 games playing with the same guys that Mikheyev has been playing with all year. 

Big Suter fan. Was a shouting his name all summer hoping we'd sign him. He's at best a mid 6 guy and probably more fairly a solid 3rd liner on a good team.

Oh man, this is a hopeless debate.  Facts, numbers, stats, fit, chemistry, alternatives, and cap have ALL been addressed, but it's all just pointless because your opinion supercedes all of it. 

Probably because you fail to accept it's a roster fit/construction issue, not an individual player stats one (and their stats aren't even vastly different, and that's even with Mik recovering from major knee surgery...and the corpse).

I. GIVE. UP.

Fill your boots pumpkin

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

because numbers on a jersey are meaningless but lost young lives are not. 

choose a new number. 

Yeah, we have plenty of other numbers to go around. Between our officially retired numbers, the two unofficially retired ones and 99 we still have 90 others numbers. If we somehow get to 25-30 officially retired numbers then maybe we can be more leniant on the unofficial ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thats a small body said:

Yeah, we have plenty of other numbers to go around. Between our officially retired numbers, the two unofficially retired ones and 99 we still have 90 others numbers. If we somehow get to 25-30 officially retired numbers then maybe we can be more leniant on the unofficial ones.

66 is unofficially out if the loop too

Just now, Thats a small body said:

if they end up with too many retired ones they can start a "hall of heroes" or something instead and unretire them all.

but I'll be long dead by then and hockey will be played by whatever takes over after we nuke ourselves off the planet, so I don't care. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I really don't get why that number is off limits. Love Luc but the kid was hardly with the team. 

It's about showing respect. A number can be a huge symbol in the end in the sports world.