[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

I get where you are going, but trading centre depth for centre depth is not ideal (though I am not implying that Suter is comparable to Lindholm). IF we were making a trade like that and needed cap space, Kuzmenko would have to be going the other way. The only exception would be if we had an injury that we could LTIR into the playoffs like LVGK. Just looking at our players w/ suitable cap, he is the weakest link. IF we could resign him at a reasonable rate (unlikely), I'd do:

Kuz + 1st ---> Lindholm (50% retained)

I wonder, if we're trading Kuzmenko (5.5M) and getting a 50% Lindholm back, is there a way we can snag a 50% Tanev too? Especially if Calgary are out of the playoff race, but even if they're not, what do we need to add to Kuz + 1st to get Tanev? Giving up a roster defenceman would hurt but I'd give up Juulsen for sure, or a defensive prospect (not named D. Petey or Willander).

1st + Kuz + Juulsen/prospect for Lindhom + Tanev (50% retained on both)

Miller, Pettersson, Lindholm, Blueger, Suter = best center depth in the league

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Tanev

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

Incredible defensive depth, what we'd probably do is rotate Soucy in and around Cole and Zadorov in the playoffs, but finally we get 3 solid RDs.

Sure, they may both be rentals but we could maybe re-sign one of Lindholm or Tanev in the off-season. Myers and Cole's contracts expire and if Tanev does well, we could maybe get him back for 2M to anchor our bottom pairing and let Myers walk. If Cole is still somewhat useful we could maybe bargain him down to 2M for a bottom pairing role as well. I doubt we can keep Lindholm who will ask for anywhere between 5-6M.

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I believe Calgary wants Hoglander

Absolutely no chance, he should be considered an untouchable IMO. He's basically a 20 goal scoring pace gritty good forechecker like Hansen/Burrows who plays Tocchet-hockey to a tee and plays 10 minutes a night right now. If he continues to get better the sky's the limit for him, and he's Pettersson's best friend on the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

I agree; one 1st is not a big deal with how PA has replenished our prospect pool. The only issue is cap; $$ has to go out to bring someone in. This will not be on defense (finally okay there), so we should look at our fwd group, and the only guy there that hasn't been utilized (notice I didn't say talent wise) is Kuzy. Even with retention, squeezing in a game changer will be tough without moving him.

So long a they have a plan to replace him (Tanev? Lyubushkin? etc), I'd not be remotely opposed to moving Myers as part of the cap clearing (on top of Kuzmenko ) required to add legit pieces.

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder, if we're trading Kuzmenko (5.5M) and getting a 50% Lindholm back, is there a way we can snag a 50% Tanev too? Especially if Calgary are out of the playoff race, but even if they're not, what do we need to add to Kuz + 1st to get Tanev? Giving up a roster defenceman would hurt but I'd give up Juulsen for sure, or a defensive prospect (not named D. Petey or Willander).

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Tanev

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

Incredible defensive depth, what we'd probably do is rotate Soucy in and around Cole and Zadorov in the playoffs, but finally we get 3 solid RDs.

Sure, they may both be rentals but we could maybe re-sign one of Lindholm or Tanev in the off-season. Myers and Cole's contracts expire and if Tanev does well, we could maybe get him back for 2M to anchor our bottom pairing and let Myers walk. If Cole is still somewhat useful we could maybe bargain him down to 2M for a bottom pairing role as well. I doubt we can keep Lindholm who will ask for anywhere between 5-6M.

I think the evaluation of Lindholm and Tanev is quite a bit off here on this one. I think that proposed package may only be able to get you one without any retention. Both Linholm and Tanev are going to be highly sought after assets, and there's a good chance someone will overpay for either.

Looking at Calgary and talking to some folks who are fans there, the thought is they're heading into a small rebuild. If that's the case, they'd want picks and good to really good prospects.

• Vintage 1

Would Ottawa do Pinto and MacEwen for something around our 2024 1st round pick? They have to forfeit a 1st at some point for the Dadonov debacle and maybe they are willing to move on from Pinto after the gambling suspension.

It is a risk for the Canucks and would require the Canucks management to do their background on Pinto and likely talk to the coaches and players about bringing him in? But if we did trade for him we might have our #2C long term?

Pinto is a right shot C who is listed at 6'3 just over 200lbs, those stats along with his relatiely strong season last year that included a 53% faceoff stat is worth us looking into trading for Pinto

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Viking said:

Would Ottawa do Pinto and MacEwen for something around our 2024 1st round pick? They have to forfeit a 1st at some point for the Dadonov debacle and maybe they are willing to move on from Pinto after the gambling suspension.

It is a risk for the Canucks and would require the Canucks management to do their background on Pinto and likely talk to the coaches and players about bringing him in? But if we did trade for him we might have our #2C long term?

Pinto is a right shot C who is listed at 6'3 just over 200lbs, those stats along with his relatiely strong season last year that included a 53% faceoff stat is worth us looking into trading for Pinto

I would trade quite a lot for Pinto. We need a RHC so badly - it's a major weakness with our faceoff numbers. His cap hit is cheap for the rest of this year, too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ohthehumanity said:

And we should believe you who refutes what other GMs said? You're mad at Pat Quinn? The guy who drafted Pavel? That makes total sense!

Lindros got a huge return for the Nordiques. Draft Jagr and trade his fights for a huge return. Quinn was great as a player, coach, and manager for us. Passing on Jagr was a mistake though. Jagr and Pavel together (and not losing Larionov) = multiple Cups. 

29 minutes ago, Viking said:

Pinto is young too, so under team control for several seasons. 
2024 first + Podzilla for Pinto? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Although ,  if 50 % (or better) was retained..

Anderson might be in a better environment with Coaches and players here..

Woolanin and Klimovich for Anderson?

Jumped a convo I thought you were talking about Rasmus Anderson… I was gunna say cmon Sam you’ve been around long enough to know better 🤣… Josh Anderson is a bandaid, not worth the risk in my opinion 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

You could move a 1st, Linus Karlsson, Max Sasson and bring in Cole Sillinger and have cap left.

Columbus has Fantilli now and a projecting to be full top six with Sillinger perhaps being expendable for that reason not that he would be actively on the market but Sasson fills a potential middle six centre position down the road.

Sillinger would roughly fit this description:

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

But here's hoping Allvin can pull a Hronek level, young 2C out of his ass too lol.

Have to wonder what the acquisition cost would be for the pending RFA...

2 hours ago, ronning4center said:

So about the same over all talent with the edge in defensive play.  Just no 30 + goal seasons.  How's his face off %?  The point I'm driving home here is 1st and a third got bo.  Is ek worth two 1sts...Kuzmenko and a grade A prospect like Lekkerimäki or Wilander?   Or would anyone just do a 1st and a 3rd to get bo back ?

His faceoffs aren't great, but steadily improving. To be fair, your far more then doubling the value assessment now. Is aid near double, not the value of 3 firsts, one being a top 10ish prospect. 

Would I trade Bo back for the value we got for him. Zero chance. Would I trade that for Ek, in a heartbeat. Elite defensive players who are also good offensively, AND on sweetheart contracts are worth their weight on gold.

• Upvote 2

Monahan (50% Retained)

Not sure how his defensive game is but it gives us the opportunity to keep the roster together.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev - Monahan - Kuzmenko

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Monahan (50% Retained)

Not sure how his defensive game is but it gives us the opportunity to keep the roster together.

I think this is the route to go... he'd probably be pretty cheap to acquire too.  A definite upgrade to our roster pushing Aman into the 'extra forward' territory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think this is the route to go... he'd probably be pretty cheap to acquire too.  A definite upgrade to our roster pushing Aman into the 'extra forward' territory.

His face-off win percentage is at 56% as well.

But like I said initially, I am unfamiliar with his defensive game.  

Edited by J-23

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Monahan (50% Retained)

Rather have Bjugstad

• Upvote 2

The Canucks are basically already a playoff team. So, any move should be to improve enough to be Cup contenders. I don't think Monahan makes them a Cup contender. They need to shoot higher. No reason to get cheap with buying bargain players if their aspirations are the Cup.

Lindholm wouldn't be bad, but I don't want to give CGY our picks/prospects or see Hoglander in a Flames jersey. 

If they're targeting a C, I like O'Reilly because he's a playoff guy, won the Cup, brings leadership and his salary is real good. $4.5 x 3+ years. He wouldn't be expected to carry the team, like he's had to. 

I also like Adam Henrique. 

Whoever they trade for has to be brought in to help win a Cup. No young guns (Pinto, Keller, etc).  They need gritty veteran (preferably with a bit of snarl) if they want to go deep.  

1 hour ago, ngoway said:

I think the evaluation of Lindholm and Tanev is quite a bit off here on this one. I think that proposed package may only be able to get you one without any retention. Both Linholm and Tanev are going to be highly sought after assets, and there's a good chance someone will overpay for either.

Looking at Calgary and talking to some folks who are fans there, the thought is they're heading into a small rebuild. If that's the case, they'd want picks and good to really good prospects.

Zadorov was sought after too.He is here.Market dictate price.Teams who need them,do they have young talent to get them.Plus picks.Ratty,Podz is nice get

Minnesota looks to be going into a re-build ??

Eriksson Ek 

Z Bogosian   (Rental UFA year)

for

Raty 

Klimovich 

Hirose 

1st rnd pick in 2025

2nd rnd pick in 2026 

For sake of argument..  the trade is really for EK .  .  But having Bogosian for Heavy Depth would be a positive grab in his UFA season from a team not looking like it will make the playoffs.

am I out of my mind ??  Or .. 

waiting gif GIF by Loopagain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Tanev

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

Lindholm and Tanev retained would be epice level GM'n 

Sign me up!

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

The Canucks are basically already a playoff team. So, any move should be to improve enough to be Cup contenders. I don't think Monahan makes them a Cup contender. They need to shoot higher. No reason to get cheap with buying bargain players if their aspirations are the Cup.

Lindholm wouldn't be bad, but I don't want to give CGY our picks/prospects or see Hoglander in a Flames jersey. 

If they're targeting a C, I like O'Reilly because he's a playoff guy, won the Cup, brings leadership and his salary is real good. $4.5 x 3+ years. He wouldn't be expected to carry the team, like he's had to. 

I also like Adam Henrique. 

Whoever they trade for has to be brought in to help win a Cup. No young guns (Pinto, Keller, etc).  They need gritty veteran (preferably with a bit of snarl) if they want to go deep.  

Nashville would have to fall of pretty significantly to become sellers by the deadline I think. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lindros got a huge return for the Nordiques. Draft Jagr and trade his fights for a huge return. Quinn was great as a player, coach, and manager for us. Passing on Jagr was a mistake though. Jagr and Pavel together (and not losing Larionov) = multiple Cups. 

If only they could have seen into the future instead of their immediate needs at the time with the draft in Vancouver and all. Jagr was nowhere near the level of hype that Lindros was. They could have traded back a couple of spots. but that doesn't net you what you think it would have. 

35 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Nashville would have to fall of pretty significantly to become sellers by the deadline I think. 

Yah I keep Seeing everyone proposing for their players, only trade I can see happening is something that fetches a huge return for saros with askorov beating down the door, it’s similar to the markstrom demko situation a few years back

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Lindholm and Tanev retained would be epice level GM'n 

Sign me up!

With Soucy out long term again this would seem To be the perfect move.  Insulates against another top 4D injury after the deadline.  Gives us another high end centre to Mix and match lines as needed depending on who is going and who the opponent is.

Also gives an in to extend Tanev, Lindholm would be a pure rental.

One thing is that Calgary wouldn’t really be wanting to take back cap in return, at least with any term.  If they are rebuilding then they would want flexibility.

It would likely be us finding a home for Kuzmenko to a team with lots of cap space who wants someone with term; that team or another team launders some retention instead of Calgary doing it themselves.

That maximizes the motivation from

Calgary as they could then get assets for that freed up cap space to take on bad contracts that expire after this season from other playoff teams trying to free up cap to make trades.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

If only they could have seen into the future instead of their immediate needs at the time with the draft in Vancouver and all. Jagr was nowhere near the level of hype that Lindros was. They could have traded back a couple of spots. but that doesn't net you what you think it would have. 

Always draft BPA with top picks. Easy rule to follow.