[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, Thats a small body said:

Yeah, we have plenty of other numbers to go around. Between our officially retired numbers, the two unofficially retired ones and 99 we still have 90 others numbers. If we somehow get to 25-30 officially retired numbers then maybe we can be more leniant on the unofficial ones.

Lindholms other number was 16. How's that for a can of worms?

21 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I really don't get why that number is off limits. Love Luc but the kid was hardly with the team. 

Mostly due the the tragic nature of his death, and the projected loss of a promising career. Also was Burrows' best friend. It hit the team very hard I'm sure.

I really dont get why it would bother you to the point of even commenting on it.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

66 is unofficially out if the loop too

I would like to see the balls on the rookie who shows up and asks for "#66 please."

Recall a story where some player came into the organization and asked for #19. The coach took him to the rink and pointed to the rafters and said "pick another number" .. paraphrasing. Will try and find a link to that story and update.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Mostly due the the tragic nature of his death, and the projected loss of a promising career. Also was Burrows' best friend. It hit the team very hard I'm sure.

I really dont get why it would bother you to the point of even commenting on it.

maybe the team should officially retire it then? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nope, those 16 games he's been playing with Suter (not remotely a skilled line driver) and the corpse of Kuz.

We're already lacking one top 6 capable complementary player in the top 6, resorting to playing bottom 6 guys like PDG and Suter there alongside Miller and Boeser. And you want to get rid of the one we do have. Who's playing that role next year after you move him? Who's filling now two holes you've created? It's not Garland.

Big Suter fan. Was a shouting his name all summer hoping we'd sign him. He's at best a mid 6 guy and probably more fairly a solid 3rd liner on a good team.

Probably because you fail to accept it's a roster fit/construction issue, not an individual player stats one (and their stats aren't even vastly different, and that's even with Mik recovering from major knee surgery...and the corpse).

Fill your boots pumpkin

Funny how Suter has 6 points in 3 games in the top 6, while Mikheyev is still twiddling his thumbs in the corner with nothing to show for it.

Glad PA/JR and Tocchet are smart enough to see what Garland brings to this lineup that the 3rd line is playing 2nd line minutes.  If it wasn't for that line, we would definitely not be in 1st overall, but yup, Mikheyev and his 0 goals and 4 points in 16 games is key to this team's success moving forward lmao.  Mikheyev is playing like a 4th line defensive forward, not a top 6.  Notice I'm not saying Mikheyev is useless either.  I'm just saying if his role is a top 6 forward, he's doing a TERRIBLE job of it.  Even compared to Suter.

Just let me know when you want to bring actual facts and numbers to this debate so we can have an educated discussion rather than just personal opinions or excuses. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

I would like to see the balls on the rookie who shows up and asks for "#66 please."

Recall a story where some player came into the organization and asked for #19. The coach took him to the rink and pointed to the rafters and said "pick another number" .. paraphrasing. Will try and find a link to that story and update.

McCann I'm guessing

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think they'd be smart to delay his ELC tbh. But it also depends on what Willander wants. 

Hughes next deal will kick in for the 27-28 season, Demko's will kick in 26-27. Delaying his ELC has him on his ELC when said players are getting their large raises.

Him stepping in as a Canucks rookie in 25-26 would be better. He's only going to be 19 on the 9th, still very young. 

Exactly what I was hoping for too, was just speaking to a buddy about this. Letterkenny, Willander, D Petey we will need to use those ELCs wisely. Probably are better off not burning a year for that late season add to the team, then they get full another training camp in the summer before the jump too. 

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, Johnny said:

You can say Kuz “was” a 39 goal scorer 

but youre talking like Lindholm is a bit of a bum by not acknowledging he “was” a 40 goal scorer plus all the buckets or intangibles he brings

i gey it though, it fits your narrative better

There's no narrative, that was a high price to pay. I don't think anyone would deny that

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

maybe "1.6"?

Could you imagine the day the league has so many numbers retired that they actually have to either use decimal places or go into 3 digit numbers or something? lol

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

No it isn't. I'm saying it now. I could very easily be proven wrong. That's why it's called an opinion.

It's really no different that others saying these players won't amount to anything.

Listen: I get it. People are excited, because we got a very good player, who should help are chances at winning. I just feel like we overpaid and I wouldn't have done the deal. People are absolutely free to disagree with that opinion, but no amount of arguing is going to make me believe I'm wrong.

And as I've said several times already, I really hope I am wrong and all of you guys are right.

But ... your opinion is wrong. :frantic: 😁  Just joking .... chances are you're right in the long run but that's not really saying much either. 99% of rentals end up being bad trades if your measure is whether you win a cup or not.

We've decided to go for it this year. A move I agree with and I've wanted nothing more than to start stockpiling some draft picks lately with how short minded we usually are. However, we're first in the NHL, we have some serious mojo going right now and besides Petey and Hronek needing to be signed, Miller is at his peak, and OEL's worst penalty years is yet to kick in. As someone else said if not now, when? This is when you go for it.

On top of that we didn't give up much of anything really. One decent draft pick and one medium draft pick. The rest is low chance stuff.

I definitely agree with your right to question it though.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I think that fact was already known. They were just too cheap to add that many lifeboats. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but cost of lifeboats had nothing to do with it. The White Star Line did not want extra lifeboats because they would spoil the view for the high priced passengers and take up too much deck space.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Exactly what I was hoping for too, was just speaking to a buddy about this. Letterkenny, Willander, D Petey we will need to use those ELCs wisely. Probably are better off not burning a year for that late season add to the team, then they get full another training camp in the summer before the jump too. 

Management shouldn't be burning any ELC's any time soon, particularly for top prospects. If the Canucks are going to be consistently competitive going forward those ELC years are going to be very important capwise. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Funny this team might have two Elias's and two pettersons' and they won't be the same two people in both cases. But are in each case the same two people in both separate occasions.

Does that make sense? Just bilbo'd that as best I could 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Funny this team might have two Elias's and two pettersons' and they won't be the same two people in both cases. But are in each case the same two people in both separate occasions.

lord of the rings bilbo GIF by Maudit

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Did you get into Alf's stash 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Funny how Suter has 6 points in 3 games in the top 6, while Mikheyev is still twiddling his thumbs in the corner with nothing to show for it.

Glad PA/JR and Tocchet are smart enough to see what Garland brings to this lineup that the 3rd line is playing 2nd line minutes.  If it wasn't for that line, we would definitely not be in 1st overall, but yup, Mikheyev and his 0 goals and 4 points in 16 games is key to this team's success moving forward lmao.  Mikheyev is playing like a 4th line defensive forward, not a top 6.  Notice I'm not saying Mikheyev is useless either.  I'm just saying if his role is a top 6 forward, he's doing a TERRIBLE job of it.  Even compared to Suter.

Just let me know when you want to bring actual facts and numbers to this debate so we can have an educated discussion rather than just personal opinions or excuses. 

Mik came back from major layoff after bad knee injury. He came back hot for a while and man was Kuz excited to have him back and feed him the puck. 
The season is long he is coming back from a pretty bad injury and is in a bit of a scoring slump while on the best team in the league that isn’t really something to get upset about. That was his rep in Toronto, hands of stone. He is payed to use his speed, get in deep and dig out the puck and kill penalties. Those are things a team needs. 
This isn’t a situation where the team is floundering. We are second in the league in scoring with two of our top 6 slumping. 
Mik is the type of player who will pay dividends in the playoffs and is absolutely necessary to Tocchet’s system. It is amazing how well we have done missing a PF in the top 6.
Hoglander is turning into a modern PF which is both funny and fantastic. His D game isn’t top 6 ready yet though.  

Podz appears to be coming along but should stay down all season and can come up in playoffs. 

It is a miracle what PA has been able to do.

He has put on as dominant a performance as any executive that I can remember over the last year.

In a league with a flat cap where nobody seems to be able to make moves he has arguably found a number one RHD and a number one RHC and gained cap room for Bo (who I still love), a 1st rounder, 2nd and an assortment of spare parts and lower round picks.  He also completely restructured our D other than Quinn and the unremovable Myers contract, but even found a way to control Myers.

Truly a fucking amazing year of management. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's no narrative, that was a high price to pay. I don't think anyone would deny that

I'd say it could be a high price? We traded a decent amount of potential, but for any of the picks and prospects to be a home run it would be rare. Kuzy wasn't going to work here, for reasons we've debated ad naseum.

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Looking at Mikheyev's NHL career, this would be the first year he's played for most of the season. In the previous 4 years he didn't play in more than 54 games. His point totals are a bit difficult to evaluate because he's had mid 20s to mid 30's points, but not playing a full season. This year he's projected to have 40 points in 78 games. Last year he would have had about 50 points, but he only played in 46 games with 28 points. So how he plays and points he gets for a full season seems to be still up to debate?

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'd say it could be a high price? We traded a decent amount of potential, but for any of the picks and prospects to be a home run it would be rare. Kuzy wasn't going to work here, for reasons we've debated ad naseum.

I agree there and I don't think it was bad trade

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

MK sums it up nicely...

11 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Mikheyev is definitely not deadweight.  He is an excellent two-way forward whose checking ability has been utilized in both even strength situations and on the penalty kill.  He is so reliable you often see him feature in that 2nd PP unit (that gets 20 seconds of icetime before going off).

I can't say specifically which line Mik belongs on, but I can say with certainty that he belongs on a team coached by Rick Tocchet.  He is exactly the type of player Tocchet likes and that's why he's been getting so much playing time.  For what it's worth, he's scored at a similar clip from last year, despite having recovered from ACL reconstruction surgery and missed all of training camp.  I also don't think he's missed a single game since his return.

image.png.3a1caba74c0b0b0ee7bd238104101cb1.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1