[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They literally have the exact amount of points, so how does Garland provide more value?  Mikheyev also kills penalties and is 100% playing in the top 6.  Tocchet has never played Mikheyev on the 4th line.  Can you show me how many guys in the NHL are playing on the 3rd line and make $5 million a year?

Mik doesn't kill penalties. He's dead last on our team in mins 4v5. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Im just sort of looking at the whole price for the 3 coming in at 30 mil. Maybe Lindholm is a bit less, Petey a bit higher. But compared to what other teams are paying for their C talent, its not too bad imo.

Agreed on the overall prices balanced amongst them

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Jesus Christ. This is way, way, way too much. Kuzmenko, a 1st, AND Brzustewicz for a potential rental? 

Brzustewicz hurts the most for me. The guy is putting up absolute elite numbers for a D. Still maintain he's more valuable than Willander.

Brz is the hardest part for sure. Wish him success but never against us. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzy and Bruce are gone.  And we aren't tanking any more.  So, we should replace all 3 with something for Miller and Demko and then a Giraffe for fun...

There should be a bieksa Superman punch emoji. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Mik doesn't kill penalties. He's dead last on our team in mins 4v5. 

False.  He's one of our 6 PKer's.  He didn't kill penalties much at the beginning of the year as he was still recovering.  But he has played almost 33 minutes in penalty killing over the last 2 months.  

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

45 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Jesus Christ. This is way, way, way too much. Kuzmenko, a 1st, AND Brzustewicz for a potential rental? 

Brzustewicz hurts the most for me. The guy is putting up absolute elite numbers for a D. Still maintain he's more valuable than Willander.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I'm sorry but no. MGMT has really done well in many regards. It's been a pleasure to see them completely drown out the noise of this city and execute their gameplan.  At times ruthlessly. No GM is going to batt 100%.

At the time of the signing he ticked all the boxes size speed used on the PK. The toronto media koolaid was strong. When we signed Mik he was the guy who helped us land Kuzz and in the end could have been the Mikael Samuelsson of that line and made it dangerous. He hasn't been. He has been sort of a winger version of Brandon Sutter good enough to not stand out but not displaying any competitive edge. Just kinda there.   

You do realize he blew out his knee last year right?  He played on one leg last year.  This year he was still recovering up until Christmas.  It takes over one year to recover from a torn ACL.  Even Pavel Bure was not the same for over a year after he tore his ACL.  I don't think Bure fully recovered until after 2 years actually...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Mik, Petey, Lind will be our 2nd line. Garland is on our 3rd line. It's even the main reason we were given for being unable to trade him last summer. A lot of teams view him as a 3rd liner on a contender (though IMO he can play a complementary role to a bigger, 2 way 2C and/or on a lesser team). Your small sample size doesn't change that.

Coming off knee surgery, dragging dead weight, in a small sample size.....sure. We're talking next year's roster, with a recovered Mikheyev. 

Again, complementary, both special teams, affordable top 6 player vs expensive, play driving 5v5 3rd line player. 

When did we pickup Kole Lind?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You do realize he blew out his knee last year right?  He played on one leg last year.  This year he was still recovering up until Christmas.  It takes over one year to recover from a torn ACL.  Even Pavel Bure was not the same for over a year after he tore his ACL.  I don't think Bure fully recovered until after 2 years actually...

When has Mikheyev not been recovering from an injury his entire career? lol

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

8 mil - Miller

9 mil - Lindholm

11 mil - Petey 

I mean thats not bad for that level of C talent. 

Anyone know why we felt the need to acquire another Top 6 Centermen? I mean, we just got rid of a top 6 winger, no?

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They literally have the exact amount of points, so how does Garland provide more value?  Mikheyev also kills penalties and is 100% playing in the top 6.  Tocchet has never played Mikheyev on the 4th line.  Can you show me how many guys in the NHL are playing on the 3rd line and make $5 million a year?

Because he actually makes the players around him better.  Joshua and Bluegers possession and xGF% numbers drop dramatically once Garland is off their line.  Likely the difference between 40 point players and 25 point players for both of them.

• Like 2

Since PA seems to pull off miracles on a frequent basis.  
I would like to see one more top 6 PF

one more RHD, he doesn’t even have to be second pairing, 

more cap space would be great too

EP on a long reasonable contract and same with Hronek. 
While your at it can you recoup a higher first without subtracting anything from the roster. 

I am off next week, would be great if you could get it done before I go back to work. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Lines are labelled, but in reality, I look at production.  If the Garland line is legit, then we are looking at 3 guys putting up 40 to 50 points a piece.  That's 120 to 150 points.  I put that in the $12M to $15M range in terms of cost (based on the going rate of a forward that puts up those kinda numbers).  

Garland at $5M

Blueger at $3M

Joshua at $3M

Total is $11M, but we are getting 120 to 150 points out of them.  THAT is value in a lineup.  You'll find it all over the media outlets that this line is greater than the sum of its parts.  In other words, VALUE.  That's how you win Cups.

As you can see above from Money Puck, take Garland out and this line immediately drops in puck possession and xGF%.  That tells me a lot about how valuable Garland is.  Not to mention how he's 1st in nearly every single advanced metric for this Canucks team.  

We just need to get away from calling this a 3rd line and maybe then people will give them the respect they deserve.  It's a 2B Line, and in fact probably the 2A Line as of late.

Anyways, I can guarantee you that Garland won't be traded.  If there is any analytics person in management, there's no way that Garland will be moved ahead of Mikheyev.  

Mikheyev SHOULD be in the bottom 6 based on what he does and how he produces.  Thing is, the only spot for him is on the 4th line since our so-called 3rd line has immense chemistry.  

People are so quick to forget how terrible our bottom 6 was before this Garland line found chemistry.  Let's go there again and trade away the engine that drives it all.

You'd have to be totally drunk as a GM and probably locked up if you are paying your 3rd line $11 million combined.

Petey and Lindholm need around $19 million combined.  You have Miller and Boeser at around $16 million after Boeser gets paid.  So, I don't care how "productive" our 3rd line is, you simply cannot afford to pay them $11 million combined.  Period.  We have a cap.  Top 6 guys get paid a certain amount, then the bottom 6.  Show me one team in the NHL that is a contender that is paying their 3rd line $11 million combined.  Just one team...

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I just listened to a Sportsnet clip interviewing Tocchet on Lindholm, and Tocchet said he texted Matthew Tkachuk, asking what he thought of him.  Does anyone else find it weird that our coach texts Matthew Tkachuk?