[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think it's more who to keep among Mikheyev, Garland, Joshua, and Blueger.

Joshua and Mikheyev will be on the team next year.  Blueger is definitely gone as he is having a career year and we already have Suter who can replace him at $1.6 million.  Garland will only remain if the cap works.  I've worked out the cap, and to keep Lindholm and Joshua and Zadorov a trade needs to be made.  So, a decision needs to be made.  That decision will be made after the playoffs.  We will see what Mikheyev does with Petey and Lindholm as a line.

I have a feeling Kuzy was the one holding him back.  With Lindholm in the mix that line will look completely different...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you actually trying to convince me that Braydon Point is a 3rd line player?   🤣

That's my point.  He's not and his line is not, and neither is Garland and his line.  When a team is deep, they have 3 top tier lines.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua and Mikheyev will be on the team next year.  Blueger is definitely gone as he is having a career year and we already have Suter who can replace him at $1.6 million.  Garland will only remain if the cap works.  I've worked out the cap, and to keep Lindholm and Joshua and Zadorov a trade needs to be made.  So, a decision needs to be made.  That decision will be made after the playoffs.  We will see what Mikheyev does with Petey and Lindholm as a line...

Agreed something has to give and a few not resigned, a trade and bring up Podz,Bains for a look and Karlson.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua and Mikheyev will be on the team next year.  Blueger is definitely gone as he is having a career year and we already have Suter who can replace him at $1.6 million.  Garland will only remain if the cap works.  I've worked out the cap, and to keep Lindholm and Joshua and Zadorov a trade needs to be made.  So, a decision needs to be made.  That decision will be made after the playoffs.  We will see what Mikheyev does with Petey and Lindholm as a line.

I have a feeling Kuzy was the one holding him back.  With Lindholm in the mix that line will look completely different...

Opinion is not fact.  You don't know if Mikheyev and Joshua will be back.  I could see Mikheyev traded just as easily as I could see Garland.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

That's the thing... Lindholm isn't anywhere near as good or consistent as Miller, regardless of his JT's age. 

Why would anyone disrespect Miller doing something ridiculous like that? 

Some are saying Calgary's having a shit year, so that reflects on EL, but... if he's so damn good, why isn't he carrying the Lames on his back?

He's their #1 C and only has 32 points in 49 games. That's a 9 mil a year player?

You'd have to be right out of your mind to even offer him anywhere near that. 

Let's see what he adds to our team first. 

Prices go up every year. If we were re-signing Miller today it's 9+

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Prices go up every year. If we were re-signing Miller today it's 9+

It doesn't matter. He's not worth 9 mil a year. Period. 

He's not anywhere near as consistent as Miller and simply put, he's not worth it. 

Miller is top 5 in league scoring and would tear through Lindholm in a heartbeat. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Barn Burner said:

It doesn't matter. He's not worth 9 mil a year. Period. 

He's not anywhere near as consistent as Miller and simply put, he's not worth it. 

Miller is top 5 in league scoring and would tear through Lindholm in a heartbeat. 

I guess we'll find out. So far Allvin and team have had solid pro scouting valuations.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Right shot, great defensively, could be dynamic with Petey 

Not saying he is not a great fit. Just wondering why we need another centremen when we have 2 already. 

If we are good with the two we have, would we not want to find replacements for Kuz and possibly a winger other then Suter? 

Just now, EdgarM said:

Not saying he is not a great fit. Just wondering why we need another centremen when we have 2 already. 

If we are good with the two we have, would we not want to find replacements for Kuz and possibly a winger other then Suter? 

I think because he can support Petey, vs Petey doing most of the heavy lifting on a line. Also cap had a lot to do with it I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

At drafting? Horvat Hutton Connauton Hodgson. Is the extent of the players drafted under Gillis over 6 drafts. 

Yup sorry only saw last post not about drafting lol you are correct.

But best thing he did was keep the team together and a couple good trades.Then everything fell apart and he looked worse then a noob.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think because he can support Petey, vs Petey doing most of the heavy lifting on a line. Also cap had a lot to do with it I'm sure.

Supporting him or replacing him as the other center. Lindholm is the 200 ft centermen we thought Petey would eventually become. 

Petey needs Miller to SUPPORT him, now Lindholm? Thats a lot of "support" for a Superstar. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by EdgarM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zduck14 said:

I've been saying it for a while now. I'd love to see Vatrano added and I believe Suter is plenty talented enough to play on the wing in the top 6.

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Lindholm-Petey-Vatrano

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Lafferty-Hoglander

I think they spent all their expendables on Lindholm

Now it's a combo of dpetey, wiilander or lek and one of hogs or podz probably 

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Supporting him or replacing him as the other center. Lindholm is the 200 ft centermen we thought Petey would eventually become. 

Petey needs Miller to SUPPORT him, now Linholm? Thats a lot of "support" for a Superstar. :classic_biggrin:

Petey is a 200' centreman...

Lindholm will probably take the draws and then fall back to wing.

Lots of options, versatile forward group, lots of hybrid centres/wingers is a great "problem" to have 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Petey needs Miller to SUPPORT him, now Lindholm? Thats a lot of "support" for a Superstar. :classic_biggrin:

I just mean in a 1+1=3 way. Sometimes pairings are magic.

• Cheers 2