[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Big gritty Canadian/Americans with beards wins cups.

Its been that way since the beginning.

I've been thinking getting Pat Maroon for the 4th line would be a really solid add for exactly that reason. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder, if we're trading Kuzmenko (5.5M) and getting a 50% Lindholm back, is there a way we can snag a 50% Tanev too? Especially if Calgary are out of the playoff race, but even if they're not, what do we need to add to Kuz + 1st to get Tanev? Giving up a roster defenceman would hurt but I'd give up Juulsen for sure, or a defensive prospect (not named D. Petey or Willander).

1st + Kuz + Juulsen/prospect for Lindhom + Tanev (50% retained on both)

Miller, Pettersson, Lindholm, Blueger, Suter = best center depth in the league

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Tanev

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

Incredible defensive depth, what we'd probably do is rotate Soucy in and around Cole and Zadorov in the playoffs, but finally we get 3 solid RDs.

Sure, they may both be rentals but we could maybe re-sign one of Lindholm or Tanev in the off-season. Myers and Cole's contracts expire and if Tanev does well, we could maybe get him back for 2M to anchor our bottom pairing and let Myers walk. If Cole is still somewhat useful we could maybe bargain him down to 2M for a bottom pairing role as well. I doubt we can keep Lindholm who will ask for anywhere between 5-6M.

Your last point is the best. 

Why do any of this? in your head we lose Kuz, Myers, Juwels, and a first to "maybe" get the one tooth Tanev back next year?

Are you fucking nuts or do you just still use a blackberry?

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

I've been thinking getting Pat Maroon for the 4th line would be a really solid add for exactly that reason. 

Yes.  He and/or Corey Perry seem to do that every year for one of the teams that makes a long Cup run.  And they both provide a very great prototype for the type of depth player a team needs to have success in the playoffs.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Minnesota looks to be going into a re-build ??

Eriksson Ek 

Z Bogosian   (Rental UFA year)

for

Raty 

Klimovich 

Hirose 

1st rnd pick in 2025

2nd rnd pick in 2026 

For sake of argument..  the trade is really for EK .  .  But having Bogosian for Heavy Depth would be a positive grab in his UFA season from a team not looking like it will make the playoffs.

am I out of my mind ??  Or .. 

waiting gif GIF by Loopagain

In my opinion this proposal constitutes an insane overpayment to Minny.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Screw said:

Huh? What you got smokin over there bud? Do you need a health check later? 

I mean, we do this. Every day, but no cap for the two coming in. So this is just a cracker deal all along and stop thinking about this unless it makes you horny.

10 minutes ago, Screw said:

Well the prospects listed are all not at all likely to be impact NHLers, or even NHLers at all.  At best maybe middle six type dime a dozen tweeners that are always available for free.

If you swapped the 1st rounder to our 2024 one which is almost certain to be a late pick…. This would represent an absolute fleecing of the Wild and is ludicrously less than the value they could get for Ek.

You don’t get a player of that calibre on that contract for a bunch of C level prospects.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Minnesota looks to be going into a re-build ??

Eriksson Ek 

Z Bogosian   (Rental UFA year)

for

Raty 

Klimovich 

Hirose 

1st rnd pick in 2025

2nd rnd pick in 2026 

For sake of argument..  the trade is really for EK .  .  But having Bogosian for Heavy Depth would be a positive grab in his UFA season from a team not looking like it will make the playoffs.

am I out of my mind ??  Or .. 

waiting gif GIF by Loopagain

You need money to go the other way

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

We need a guy that is $1M or less to add to our lineup without taking anything significant away.

Monahan from MTL @ 50% retained

Novak from NAS

Carcone from ARZ

Sprong from DET @ 50% retained

Any of these guys gives us depth and is an upgrade.

I'm trying to get this message across to people.  We are NOT upgrading Suter or Blueger, etc.  We are upgrading from Aman's 2 goals and 6 points. 

If we acquire a centre, then great.  Move Suter down to 4C and the new guy will be 2C (Monahan or Novak).

If we acquire a winger, then great.  I'd move Mikheyev down to the 4th line and use that line as a serious shut down / grind line.

Michael McLeod from New Jersey? 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well the prospects listed are all not at all likely to be impact NHLers, or even NHLers at all.  At best maybe middle six type dime a dozen tweeners that are always available for free.

If you swapped the 1st rounder to our 2024 one which is almost certain to be a late pick…. This would represent an absolute fleecing of the Wild and is ludicrously less than the value they could get for Ek.

You don’t get a player of that calibre on that contract for a bunch of C level prospects.

I have a hard time seeing them not wanting one of Lekkerimaki or Wallinder. 

Eriksson Ek is a good player with amazing value with his contract. 

If they trade him this season they can trade him anywhere but even after this season his NTC is 10-teams(to not be traded to).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I have a hard time seeing them not wanting one of Lekkerimaki or Wallinder. 

Eriksson Ek is a good player with amazing value with his contract. 

If they trade him this season they can trade him anywhere but even after this season his NTC is 10-teams(to not be traded to).

Likely true, it isn’t like they would have a compelling reason to move him, they would have to be convinced to move him.

The only motivation they would have is if they decide to retool the team around a younger core and had a timeline of 3-4 years to be competitive again.  Moving older players or guys who wouldn’t be under club control by then would make sense.  They range between bad to mushy middle and have an other lost season next year due to cap recapture.  It isn’t like they go from bad to competitive immediately by trying to buy overpriced free agents.

If you got away with one (maybe both) of Brzustewics and D Petey plus a late 1st I would count myself very lucky in that trade.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I suppose that is a fair assessment.  I would like to see What Raty turns into though.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Big gritty Canadian/Americans with beards wins cups.

Its been that way since the beginning.

Considering pretty much every team is mostly Canadians and Americans and most grow beards in the playoffs, that means pretty much any playoff team can win the cup.

It's kind of like saying people in chairs are typing on this forum. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

wonder, if we're trading Kuzmenko (5.5M) and getting a 50% Lindholm back

I'm not willing to go to crazy to get Lindholm. He is somewhat overrated considering his last season and this seasons performance. I doubt they would trade their captain, but I see a better fit getting Backlund on this team. Also a big Coleman fan, again, doubt he's in play trade wise. It's funny, the Flames are loaded with players our team could use. Would love Andersson as well. Lol.

14 hours ago, Provost said:

Likely true, it isn’t like they would have a compelling reason to move him, they would have to be convinced to move him.

The only motivation they would have is if they decide to retool the team around a younger core and had a timeline of 3-4 years to be competitive again.  Moving older players or guys who wouldn’t be under club control by then would make sense.  They range between bad to mushy middle and have an other lost season next year due to cap recapture.  It isn’t like they go from bad to competitive immediately by trying to buy overpriced free agents.

If you got away with one (maybe both) of Brzustewics and D Petey plus a late 1st I would count myself very lucky in that trade.

Ek is going nowhere. Why trade a good player on a value deal.  Minnesota is not in full tear down.

Edited by ronning4center

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This could have the NJD selling as they seem to have been a Wild Card team to this point :

IF  these players get charged with some sort of sexual assault are their current contracts all going to be terminated or will they just get a suspension from the league??

Either way, no team is going to touch these with the sort of baggage they will have. Heading to Europe to join Formenton or are teams going to still keep these kids and say they were young and are remorseful for what they did...???

24 minutes ago, Viking said:

IF  these players get charged with some sort of sexual assault are their current contracts all going to be terminated or will they just get a suspension from the league??

Either way, no team is going to touch these with the sort of baggage they will have. Heading to Europe to join Formenton or are teams going to still keep these kids and say they were young and are remorseful for what they did...???

Other than Cal Foote, the other guys are all quite talented.  If they manage to get a 2nd chance with the NHL, there will be plenty of teams looking for their services regardless of the baggage.  We've seen it happen time and time again.

6 hours ago, Rekker said:

I'm not willing to go to crazy to get Lindholm. He is somewhat overrated considering his last season and this seasons performance. I doubt they would trade their captain, but I see a better fit getting Backlund on this team. Also a big Coleman fan, again, doubt he's in play trade wise. It's funny, the Flames are loaded with players our team could use. Would love Andersson as well. Lol.

Totally agree on Lindholm. I would much rather see mgmt find some undervalued players, that fit the culture, and cost way less 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1