[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Not sure why some people are hyping Mikheyev. The guy is a great 3rd liner, average at best 2nd liner if that even. He’s never scored more than 32 points. Doesn’t even scream 2nd line player to me.

Our third line is set so guys who move up and down the lineup would either be top six or on the fourth line. I think that's why Mik is still on the second line. 

They'll at least see how it goes with Lindholm but I don't think they would wait too long try someone else if it isn't working. 

On the other hand, I see Lindholm in no small part being brought here to counter McDavid in the playoffs. Mik would be okay on a shutdown too line I guess. 

Edited by Inkidu

1 minute ago, Inkidu said:

Our third line is set so guys who move up and down the lineup would either be top six or on the fourth line. I think that's why he's still on the second line. 

They'll at least see how it goes with Lindholm and I don't think they would wait too long try someone else if it isn't working. 

On the other hand, I see Lindholm in no small part being brought here to counter McDavid in the playoffs. Mik would be okay on a shutdown too line I guess. 

imagine believing... we only have 3 top 6... mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

53 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Nah, they have a hate on for Pettersson and wants him gone from an offer sheet so we can get 4 1st round picks even though that would put us back to rebuilding. 

That would be great 

We can trade a couple of those four 1st rounders for very good player. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mc1laren said:

How does Tocchet run the lines? Personally would love to see: 

Lindholm Pettersson Hoglander

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Mikhayev Suter Lafferty 

Bains as well might just crack the lineup.

Alvin did a great job as Podz,Bains, Karlson and top three prospects are still with us, not to mention McWard and Hirose plus no goalies in the system moved.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

the most positive thing i have seen you posted, not saying you dont post positive things... just saying it looks good on you...

Lets Go Crazy Yes GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

I have 10 years of hurt in my heart. I am trying to learn to have hope again.

Untitled.jpg

• Huggy Bear 1

We need a RHD now 

Give CGY  Friedman + 2nd + Raty for Tanev and bring him home. 

Our Defense would be set for a Cup run if we can add Tanev. 

Tanev makes $4.5 million. CGY retains 50% of his cap 

We have $1.8 mill cap space right now with Friedman and his $775k going other way we will have $2.5 mill cap available.

Make it happen JR/PA 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We need a RHD now 

We have $1.8 mill cap space right now with Friedman and his $775k going other way we will have $2.5 mill cap available.

Make it happen JR/PA 

I like Raty, if this is the price, no thank you.

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We need a RHD now 

Make it happen JR/PA 

That's a bit rich imo. Having guys like Raty to fill out the bottom six is going to be integral when the worst of the OEL buyout and Petey/Hronek's new contacts are kicking our ass.

Apparently Calgary wants a first for him anyways, and a team like Toronto might just be stupid enough to give it to them. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We didn't have a Hughes in 2011, not even close.  He makes up for like 2-3 guys.  So I would argue that our defence in 2024 is better than in 2011..

As for the forwards, we have a better group this year with Lindholm than in 2011 as well.

Sedin         Sedin      Burrows

Raymond   Kesler    Samuelsson

Pettersson   Lindholm   Mikheyev

Suter            Miller         Boeser

We have 4 star forwards in 2024, we only had 3 in 2011.  Lindholm is our Kesler.  So that frees up Miller to be a Sedin along with Petey.  Plus we also have Boeser.  We didn't have a potential 50 goal scorer in 2011.

Our 3rd line is also better in 2024 than in 2011.

This 2024 team is the best team in Vancouver Canucks history.  No doubt in my mind...

Lets see how they do in the playoffs before we crown them the best team in Canucks history. The Bruins last season was supposed to be an all time team until they got their ass whipped.

Edited by filthy animal
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

@tas OK I KNOW YOU SAID LETS TALK HOCKEY OKAY>>>>>

So most of this is just ******** if that's what you wanna ******* know I use this stuff to quantify people that I don't get a chance to watch... Normally I would never do one on my own team players right because I watched them... But if it was coming down to like a nitty gritty fricking thing between trading one player versus another player I might pull out some stats and just ******* pull something out of my *** I mean hat and whip around some numbers and look all magical to my friends or boss or whoever... I compared brock besser to a few players nathan mckinnon and jt miller which was basically the top two players I could find for scoring and and speed and even strength scoring.... Jt and and and brock are like the best shutdown line in the league right now and it would be a shame if jt miller is not recognized for the selke this year... Anyways here's my report brock is good if you want me to explain the stat I don't know they're kind of self-explanatory probably not...

Brock Boeser - 2023-24 Season Report Card Summary

Offensive Performance:

• Goals (G): 150 points (5 points each x 30)
  • Assists (A): 66 points (3 points each x 22)
  • Total Offensive Performance Score: 216/250 (87%)

Even-Strength Performance:

• Even-Strength Points (EVP): 180 points (5 points each x 36)
  • Plus/Minus (+/-): +20 points
  • Penalties Drawn: +6 points (2 points each x 3)
  • Penalties Taken: -2 points (-1 point each x 2)
  • Giveaways: -15 points (-1 point each x 15)
  • Takeaways: +20 points (1 point each x 20)
  • Hits: +11 points (0.5 points each x 22)
  • Blocked Shots: +9 points (0.5 points each x 18)
  • Faceoff Wins: +6 points (1 point each x 6)
  • Faceoff Losses: -9 points (-1 point each x 9)
  • Total Even-Strength Performance Score: 226/240 (94%)

Speed Performance:

• 22+ mph Bursts: 2 points (1 point each x 2)
  • 20-22 mph Bursts: 23 points (0.5 points each x 46)
  • 18-20 mph Bursts: 19.6 points (0.1 points each x 196)
  • Max Speed Adjustment: 22 points
  • Total Speed Performance Score: 66.6/479 (14%)

Overall Adjustments:

• Quality of Competition Bonus: +106 points
  • Teammates Penalty: -68 points

Final Score:

• Total Score: 264/300 (88%)
  • Comparison: Compared vs JT Miller for even-strength performance.

Notes:

• Brock's faceoff performance includes a higher percentage in the offensive zone, indicating his role in offensive situations despite defensive responsibilities.
  • Despite a defensive-leaning TOI ratio, Boeser and JT Miller take 3% more shots than expected.

I'm sorry you did all that work. you said you could provide specific context but you've provided no context, and you've committed the cardinal sin, nay, you've made e

the cardinal sin your entire belief system. 

"I USE STATS TO EVALUATE THE PLAYERS I DON'T WATCH."

that works precisely 0% of the time and is, in a nutshell, why people who understand hockey and have watched it for decades have a hard time taking "analytics nerds" seriously.

Edited by tas

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

That's a bit rich imo. Having guys like Raty to fill out the bottom six is going to be integral when the worst of the OEL buyout and Petey/Hronek's new contacts are kicking our ass.

Apparently Calgary wants a first for him anyways, and a team like Toronto might just be stupid enough to give it to them. 

Raty has fallen off in Abby. He's not doing great. He was recently playing bottom 6 in Abby...

It's best to try get something of value for him and use it towards a Cup run this year..  

I would do 2nd and Raty for Tanev without a 2md thought. 

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

And people scorched Benning for the Miller trade. They were all wrong. The Miller trade was one of the few GOOD trades for Benning. There weren't many unfortunately. Benning was truly unlucky when it came to trades and/or free agent signings.

Yes remember the day very well... 

Some people were enraged... 3rd liner etc etc...

Miller has been fantastic here, especially since Tocchet took over. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

And people scorched Benning for the Miller trade. They were all wrong. The Miller trade was one of the few GOOD trades for Benning. There weren't many unfortunately. Benning was truly unlucky when it came to trades and/or free agent signings.

This was Benning's ONLY good trade 🤪

At one with any significant impact or wasn't preluded by a previous bad trade (i.e. McCann and 2nd -> Gudbransson -> Pearson ).  

• ThereItIs 1

Seems that Calgary is very happy with this trade. I was listening to Flames Talk in Sportsnet and they felt like they got a haul for this deal.

And really yes they did though I can't help but feel that  Hunter Brzustewicz may end up walking just like Adam Fox. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

I'm sorry you did all that work. you said you could provide specific context but you've provided no context, and you've committed the cardinal sin, nay, you've made e

the cardinal sin your entire belief system. 

"I USE STATS TO EVALUATE THE PLAYERS I DON'T WATCH."

that works precisely 0% of the time and is, in a nutshell, why people who understand hockey and have watched it for decades have a hard time taking "analytics nerds" seriously.

I have watched for decades as a fan..... I can tell you three things with 100% certanty about boeser from this little review...

He is slow... almost 3.5MPH slower than the top players

I bet no one would tell you this stat... He starts on EV on D more that offense... D 34%    to  29%O despite that... he puts on average 3% more shots than expected, even though he out shot quite a bit...

He is wicked good in close,the type's of shots he scores are all right in the slot or in the crease with 50 shots coming from the slot with 27% S% and 10 shots in the crease @50% S%... 18 total goals from these two spots...

and maybe only one of these stats might surprise you, but it doesnt matter... stats are a time machine now... i dont have to watch... cardinal sin or not

5 hours ago, Trebreh said:

we're a Stanley Cup contender, if we could add another top 6 or top 4, we'd be the favourites.

I don't see any team in the West that can beat us 4 times in a 7 game series. 

My understanding is that Canucks are 8th as Cup favoraites tied with the Leafs.

I would probably say if the Canukcs want to load up the Lotto line the 2nd line even with Lindholm is a bit soft. Maybe another 2nd line winger ? 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I made this post on Jan 24th

Lindholm was my #1 players on trade wish list. 

I  called the cost too.

1st + 4th + B+ prospect.....

Ofcourse roster player (Kuz) had to be involved for salary cap purposes.  

Love it..

WAAAA    how you do that... without stats?

14 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

WAAAA    how you do that... without stats?

Without stats ? I don't know what that means...

I watch a lot of out of market hockey not just the Canucks.  

I know the player really well. I made posts about him a year or two ago on CDC.  I've loved his game for 3+ years now. 

Premier two way C in the world. He's a top tier player.  

Maybe PA was on here looked at my post thought it looked good and called Calgary and made the offer. 😆 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

This was Benning's ONLY good trade 🤪

At one with any significant impact or wasn't preluded by a previous bad trade (i.e. McCann and 2nd -> Gudbransson -> Pearson ).  

I mean there was.....err..Vanek for Motte. That was alright. And acquiring Dorsett was....OK. And.....err...Dahlen for Karlsson maybe? Ummm...

Fuck, I got nothin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1