[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

14 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

no its not... just cause you cant put two and two together doesnt mean... i cant see the forest for the tree's

you've demonstrated quite the contrary. 

9 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

anyways you might as well put me on ignore... youve already shown that this was a complete waste of my time... all you want to do is troll....

so do me a favor and don't, just put me on ignore.... that way the big bad stats dont harm you

I told you up front that if you led with the numbers you'd be wasting your time. unfortunately numbers are literally all you have though. 

I love that JR and PA got this done early. Its going to help in the playoffs theres really no doubt but the piece i love most about it is , we have a schedule with some tougher opponents coming up. We play Vegas Boston LA, Colorado in the last 33 games. We will learn what we have for sure and having Lindholm in for those last 33 games is going to be a great audition for the playoffs.

If there is an add to be made i hope we are not giving up any blue chip prospects Willander , Lekkerimaki, D Petey are off the table. 

I think a bit of nastiness is what we need. in 2011 bringing in Torres and Lapierre finished off the team.

I know Torres was vilified for some of the hits but the one on Seabrook may have been the difference in that series. He also scored the winning goal in game one of the finals 1-0.

Lapierre was a good add to get other teams off their game paying attention to him rather than their game.

Players that can play the tough game but also come with some skill are going to be at a premium. Cmon PA get this done. 

Edited by Mikeyman109
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

21 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

We need to be realistic about Lindholm:  he's a defense-first player whose offensive ceiling is lot closer to Phillip Danault than Pavel Datsyuk.  Don't expect him to provide strong secondary scoring on a line with Petterson, especially if Mik is their winger.  Petey needs another shooter to maximize his value.  Lindholm is not that guy: we're waiting for Lekerimakki.   Maybe Hogs Lindholm Petey can generate some offence together but Mik doesn't have the passing or shooting skills to drive a second line: he's Jannik Hansen overpaid by $2 mil, manos de piedra and I'm not talking the Roberto Duran skillset.  

The most likely outcome is that Lindholm forms a shut-down line with Mik and Suter.  They would be really good in that role.   We'd get our scoring from the Lotto line and the 3rd line.   We need to win the President's Trophy for this to work:  home ice and last change would allow hard-matching this shut-down line against whoever we're targeting.  On the road, such a line would be a lot less effective.

I don't expect us to re-up Lindholm after the season. Allvin and co can't and won't overpay for him given their other priorities.  There's no way he's getting JT Miller money on this team.  So he's a rental and I'm cool with that.  Would love to be wrong about any of this but I doubt I am. 

I think the stink of Calgary is colouring your judgement. This year has been a down year on a bad team offensively. Over last few seasons he scores at a rate similar to EP and JTM. 
His former coach described him as one of the most dominant 200 ft centres he had coached and compared him very favourably too Kopitar who he also coached. 
If EP is on his wing, EP will be the primary shooter. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Agreed. We need look no further than the Horvat deal as an example of this. The Isles are very happy with Bo and we're very happy with we got out of moving him. Everybody won. 

we win. Horfat Wallet is leading the Islanders to outside of the playoffs. He’s good at that. And the Flames end up with a whole lot of nothing. Not one piece they got for Lindholm will be in the nhl in 3 years. Losers going to lose. Islanders and Flames lose. 
F the other teams, their players, and their fans. They are all puck sucking losers!!!

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

BA0DB3A7-2CD5-4171-94AE-18A876EEBBED.gif.372688514411dbf3aecd58282538e247.gif

what is it with the kids today, hey brother?

I'm not sure why people feel the need to have opinions on things they're completely uninformed about; have enough humility to just accept that you don't know, and that condensing an incredibly dynamic, free-flowing game into very simplistic stats devoid of context isn't enough to paint an accurate picture. there are 10000 different ways to arrive at those numbers. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

do you think you can tell what a Michelin star chef's signature dish tastes like by reading a list of ingredients?

Probably taste like paper…..considering the list of ingredients is probably written on paper and that’s all you have with just reading it. Lol! 

I kid! I kid! But, I do a tonne of cooking and almost went to culinary school to be a chef…sir, you have a very valid point & good comparison! 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To those who are upset at the trade.

I'm picturing fist fights breaking out on Robson Street during the Stanley Cup parade as these little dweebs get into it over whether or not the cup was worth it if lindholm doesn't re-sign. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think the stink of Calgary is colouring your judgement. This year has been a down year on a bad team offensively. Over last few seasons he scores at a rate similar to EP and JTM. 
His former coach described him as one of the most dominant 200 ft centres he had coached and compared him very favourably too Kopitar who he also coached. 

We still need a few bobbles around the edges maybe (4th like grit, d depth) but I love what this deal does for making us a tougher road team. Now teams have to face both Miller and Lindholm for matchups. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Guilty as charged on the stink of Calgary factor.  But he's only had one offensive season 2 years ago that was remotely similar to what EP and JTM regularly do.  We'll see if Lindholm has the playmaking ability to get full value out of Petey's  shot but really the puck needs to be going through Petey, not Lindholm.  The best hope I have for that pairing is that Hogs joins them and creates enough chaos to open things up,  Lindholm's best goal scoring success comes off broken plays, showing up late in dangerous spots.  He's not a shooter in the classic sense.  Sure, Daryll Sutter loved him since he epitomizes that kind of shut-down hockey.  And I agree:  that's what he's good for:  just don't mistake it for something else.

42 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

I love that JR and PA got this done early. Its going to help in the playoffs theres really no doubt but the piece i love most about it is , we have a schedule with some tougher opponents coming up. We play Vegas Boston LA, Colorado in the last 33 games. We will learn what we have for sure and having Lindholm in for those last 33 games is going to be a great audition for the playoffs.

If there is an add to be made i hope we are not giving up any blue chip prospects Willander , Lekkerimaki, D Petey are off the table. 

I think a bit of nastiness is what we need. in 2011 bringing in Torres and Lapierre finished off the team.

I know Torres was vilified for some of the hits but the one on Seabrook may have been the difference in that series. He also scored the winning goal in game one of the finals 1-0.

Lapierre was a good add to get other teams off their game paying attention to him rather than their game.

Players that can play the tough game but also come with some skill are going to be at a premium. Cmon PA get this done. 

Pat Maroon

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, tas said:

I told you up front that if you led with the numbers you'd be wasting your time. unfortunately numbers are literally all you have though. 

okay keep your troll job going on...

im kind of sick of it... just ignore me... im done with your crap

15 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Guilty as charged on the stink of Calgary factor.  But he's only had one offensive season 2 years ago that was remotely similar to what EP and JTM regularly do.  We'll see if Lindholm has the playmaking ability to get full value out of Petey's  shot but really the puck needs to be going through Petey, not Lindholm.  The best hope I have for that pairing is that Hogs joins them and creates enough chaos to open things up,  Lindholm's best goal scoring success comes off broken plays, showing up late in dangerous spots.  He's not a shooter in the classic sense.  Sure, Daryll Sutter loved him since he epitomizes that kind of shut-down hockey.  And I agree:  that's what he's good for:  just don't mistake it for something else.

I feel like judging any incoming player's impact before we get to see them within tocc's system is a premature evaluation. 

Just now, MidKnight Ego said:

okay keep your troll job going on...

im kind of sick of it... just ignore me... im done with your crap

if you're the one upset about it, I'd recommend ignoring me, maybe, since I'm pretty good over here, personally. 

Edited by tas

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We still need a few bobbles around the edges maybe (4th like grit, d depth) but I love what this deal does for making us a tougher road team. Now teams have to face both Miller and Lindholm for matchups. 

And to really drive teams nuts in terms of trying to matchup...

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Lafferty

Hoglander-Petey-Karlsson

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Just come at them in waves...

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, The Duke said:

The 2011 team, on pure talent, should have won and won easily.  Injuries and the refs putting their whistles away did us in. 

This group has the same talent up front but with more depth - 3 excellent lines and a very good 4th line. 

A better top pair than 2011 and while the rest aren’t as skilled, they’re a bunch of giants and all *good* 4-5 players. 

Demko will never have Luongo’s career but he’s shown to be just as good in key games.

We stack up pretty darn well.  

Also, we also don’t have a dynasty team like Chicago that always has our number to beat.. but in 2011 I wasn’t too worried about Nashville or San Jose.  

This year teams like Vegas, LA and Winnipeg will be brutal 7 games series’ to survive.   And the Oilers and Avalanche could beat anyone if their stars get hot. Feels like a tougher road potentially. 

Injuries and Tim Thomas is why we lost. We had more powerplays in the series, we had 8 in game 3 and gave up 2 shorties and we had 2 PPs to Bostons 1 in game 7. Enough with the reff bullshit, we lost because of health and poor goaltending.

I hope Demko never has Luongo’s career, I hope its better and he doesnt fall a part like Luongo in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

if you're the one upset about it, I'd recommend ignoring me, maybe, since I'm pretty good over here, personally. 

listen... you tricked me congrats... just be glad i dont snitch on people like others do here....

literally asked you not to troll me but you did... pat yourself on the back...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And to really drive teams nuts in terms of trying to matchup...

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Lafferty

Hoglander-Petey-Karlsson

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Just come at them in waves...

Yep the options for road games is fun to think about now.

3 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

listen... you tricked me congrats... just be glad i dont snitch on people like others do here....

literally asked you not to troll me but you did... pat yourself on the back...

I literally went out of my way to tell you not to lead with the stats. I wasn't trolling. you said you could provide specific context, I trusted you, you provided literally 0 context. what can I do?

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

we win. Horfat Wallet is leading the Islanders to outside of the playoffs. He’s good at that. And the Flames end up with a whole lot of nothing. Not one piece they got for Lindholm will be in the nhl in 3 years. Losers going to lose. Islanders and Flames lose. 
F the other teams, their players, and their fans. They are all puck sucking losers!!!

Your hate is showing.  Horvat is a near ppg.  He’s doing his part.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Injuries and Tim Thomas is why we lost. We had more powerplays in the series, we had 8 in game 3 and gave up 2 shorties and we had 2 PPs to Bostons 1 in game 7. Enough with the reff bullshit, we lost because of health and poor goaltending.

I hope Demko never has Luongo’s career, I hope its better and he doesnt fall a part like Luongo in the playoffs. 

Demko will not motivate the other team, as Luongo did pretty much every time he spoke!!