[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Yea lets blow the bank and sell the future for a good run and hope we win in our prime. Lets go full Mike Gillis and fuck the future. Brilliant. You know an offer that parts ways with some of the future for a guy like Eriksson Ek extends our window, where as this pending UFA Lindholm deal shortens it. Upcoming raises for Lindholm, Pettersson, Hronek, 4mil in dead cap during our window to win… fucking brilliant.

Weisbrod, shouldn’t you be polishing up your resume instead of hanging around here trying to convince everyone that you and Benning were brilliant… and having terrible losing records every year was all the fault of Gillis and Rutherford.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Sorry, I don't really see why this should change my assessment of the Lindholm trade....I thought the narrative was that a late first rounder hardly ever amounts to anything, so giving it up was no big deal....

....but the Canucks also gave up a player who scored 39 goals a year ago, plus the top defenseman in the OHL right now.....

I agree that Lindholm is the better player, (although Monahan has more points) but I still believe it was an overpayment for a UFA.

How about we all focus on watching good and great hockey.On the end that is what we are all for here.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

A call up or two might light a fire in him

I really hope that down the stretch run there's an opportunity to call up a few well deserving guys from Abby.  Show them their hard work is being noticed,  keep them motivated, and most importantly,  rest our key guys b4 PO!  They'll say they don't need it but if we're hoping for a long run it'd pay off.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

How about we all focus on watching good and great hockey.On the end that is what we are all for here.

It's a good idea, actually.

But I would have thought this comment would have been more aptly directed at the passive aggressive post that I was responding to, rather than the one I made. I said my piece yesterday and was more than happy to leave it at that, but somebody decided the Monahan trade called for some mockery....and several others thought is was "LOL" funny, so I thought it deserved a response.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

It's a good idea, actually.

But I would have thought this comment would have been more aptly directed at the passive aggressive post that I was responding to, rather than the one I made. I said my piece yesterday and was more than happy to leave it at that, but somebody decided the Monahan trade called for some mockery....and several others thought is was "LOL" funny, so I thought it deserved a response.

Didn't address to you personally,just used your post as help to pass message to everybody.We have good and stable FO we all trust.Our A prospect are still with us.People enjoy the ride.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Yea lets blow the bank and sell the future for a good run and hope we win in our prime. Lets go full Mike Gillis and fuck the future. Brilliant. You know an offer that parts ways with some of the future for a guy like Eriksson Ek extends our window, where as this pending UFA Lindholm deal shortens it. Upcoming raises for Lindholm, Pettersson, Hronek, 4mil in dead cap during our window to win… fucking brilliant.

Who invited this guy?

• Haha 1

We are one more top 6 forward away from being big cup favorites.  I would like to see how Lindholm and EP play together.  If it works out then we need another scorer for BB and JT.  Otherwise, keep the Lotto line together and find someone for Lindholm.  I would trade a 2025 1st or one of our coveted  prize prospects.  We are so close.

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, we didn't combat what they threw at us. Reminded me of how Florida came up short last year. They couldn't adjust. Not exactly the same but reminiscent.

Didn't Tanner Glass miss a super wide open net at a crucial time too?

Not King Loui though! he hit that shit, in his own net, with the man Adv. Put right past Eddy the eagle, man wat a legend bro! All hair king Loui the empty net king 🤴haha 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

We are one more top 6 forward away from being big cup favorites.  I would like to see how Lindholm and EP play together.  If it works out then we need another scorer for BB and JT.  Otherwise, keep the Lotto line together and find someone for Lindholm.  I would trade a 2025 1st or one of our coveted  prize prospects.  We are so close.

I don't think we can afford to trade Lekkerimaki Willander or EP2

Those 3 are off limits for me.. They're our 5 star prospects and we don't move them..

I'd give up picks and Raty for a top 4 RHD or top 6 winger 

Mikheyev 2nd Raty for top 6 winger.

Friedman 2nd Raty for top 6 RHD

I'd offer those 2 packages for the next deal..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Dickinson?? Not here.

Pearson?? Got us a legit back up, so thank you Pearson.

Boeser? 30 goals? You’re complaining?

Myers? Our best shutdown dman this season? Your complaining? You go compare his contract, his deployment and his production to guys around the league and Myers looks like a fuckin allstar, there plenty of guys with his cap hit +/- 1-2mil who are doing far less than him. Yet you complain like hes holding us back right now. This management group could have traded him at 50% retention or dumped him with a 2nd round pick been done with him and any dead cap in under 2 years and not bought out OEL whos dead cap is going to hit us during our peak window of contention.

Garland is 50pt guy and right now on 3rd line duties hes still producing at around 50pts PLUS his line has been crucial in our success this season. Top lines have struggled and the Garland line has been getting us wins. Take Garland away and that 3rd line loses its impact quick and thats easily 4-5 more games that could go either way and a handful more that would have been a lot tighter.

If you go back and really dig into the stats, you’ll see that the major issue that caused us grief in finding success was not having our top players playing their best hockey at the same time.

2021-22 Pettersson pointless 24 of the first 40 games. Missed playoffs by 3 wins and iirc of those 24 losses 22 were in regulation. Pettersson was a factor in our wins and non factor in our losses. He was a critical piece that prevented us from winning for over 1/4 of the season. That stretch of hockey under Boudreau was the truth about this teams potential. As soon as Petey caught fire we had EVERYONE playing their best and we were one of the best teams down the final 50 game stretch.

2022-23 its no secret Demko sucked to start and then got injured and Martin destroyed all hopes of playoffs. Demko came back and boom its back to winning.

this is the first season the stars have all aligned and it wasnt cap or shit like that, that was the issue it was performance based issues from star players.

🥱 We've had cap problems for 5 years in a row or more.

Benning Benning Benning, blah blah blah. We've all heard your never ending tiresome rantings on the subject. He's gone, move on, or don't I'm done talking about him after this post. Like I said I didn't mind him.

I didn't like the way we spent to the cap every year and we were short of cap space every subsequent year, and we will be this year again. It's working out this year, yes. But then again Benning isn't in charge and we still had to make concessions to get under the cap yet again, so your point is meaningless.

So happy and lucky we got Lindholm when we did. Had to strike fast get it done..

BOS NYR NJD AVS all looking for centremen. WPG got Monahan with a 1st and conditional 3rd. 

The other 4 teams are desperate now. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Man I know I didn't just someone complain about giving up a late first and a decent prospect for a player who will be a huge upgrade on the one we sent the other way 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

14 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Who invited this guy?

This move is great for today….  But its gunna hurt tomorrow. The west is going to be a hell of a battle all the way through, Edmonton is scorching hot, Colorado is on fire, Dallas and Winnipeg are tough as fuck too. 

Lindholm is not cost controlled, as of right now he is a rental. Until their is ink on paper with a bunch of zeros, he is an all in rental. We have pretty much an entire blueline to rebuild, most of our bottom 6, Petey and Hroneks deals to accommodate and now Lindholm, otherwise if walks its a waste of assets, however it does five us cap space…A 4 mil dead cap hit in 2 years and Boeser will be up for a new deal. If we dont win this year, next year just got harder with the upcoming cap casualties. After that we are deadlocked with a 4 mil cap hit for a couple seasons, yes the cap will rise, but thats only going to slightly offset the inflation from the deals we are about to hand out. I just fear this is going to shorten our window. Yes this is a great trade if you’re going all in, but we didnt need a hailmary move they could have gone hard after Eriksson Ek who is cost controlled for 5 years and Minny is fucked and this keeps our window open for 5 strong years. Eriksson Ek keeps our cap down and allows room for the upcoming raises and maybe helps us retain some key pieces in the bottom 6 or 3rd pairing that have been a factor in winning games. 

Monahan is a low risk move for WPG and it cost them very little to add a big, strong in the faceoff, fast 2 way C who is putting up decent points. I would have rather gone for Monahan and freed up a ton of cap and kept the large majority of this team together. 
The all in move we should have made was Eriksson Ek for Today AND tomorrow. But hey if this proves to be a cup winning recipe then IDGAF about the next 5 years playoff shortcomings 

• Cheers 1

The more I think the more I hope Hoglander can end up in the top six, he's been the most noticable in for checking and effort and capitalizing on scoring chances all year aside from maybe the 3rd line being nothing short of amazing, and the resurgence of Boeser.. he's been a big or the biggest bright spot this season. I thought he'd be trade bait this year for sure before his play shot off. 

Petterson Lindholm Hoglander

Suter Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Mikheyev Aman Lafferty 

25 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

If we're to make another trade, it would make sense to try to grab a 3/4 D. We need that more than we do another top 6 forward. Especially since defensive depth in the playoffs is always a huge one.

We could then always add a cheaper bottom 6 forward for more depth.

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

So happy and lucky we got Lindholm when we did. Had to strike fast get it done..

BOS NYR NJD AVS all looking for centremen. WPG got Monahan with a 1st and conditional 3rd. 

The other 4 teams are desperate now. 

Think they might be desperate enough to buy Sheldon Dries off our hands with a 2nd round pick?  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

The more I think the more I hope Hoglander can end up in the top six, he's been the most noticable in for checking and effort and capitalizing on scoring chances all year aside from maybe the 3rd line being nothing short of amazing, and the resurgence of Boeser.. he's been a big or the biggest bright spot this season. I thought he'd be trade bait this year for sure before his play shot off. 

Petterson Lindholm Hoglander

Suter Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Mikheyev Aman Lafferty 

Hoglander definitely has the ability to end up in the top six. It might make more sense though for him to play with Miller and Boeser like he has at times this year. Maybe in 1-2 years the top six would be

Pettersson - Lindholm - Lekkerimäki
Hogland - Miller - Boeser

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

🥱 We've had cap problems for 5 years in a row or more.

Benning Benning Benning, blah blah blah. We've all heard your never ending tiresome rantings on the subject. He's gone, move on, or don't I'm done talking about him after this post. Like I said I didn't mind him.

I didn't like the way we spent to the cap every year and we were short of cap space every subsequent year, and we will be this year again. It's working out this year, yes. But then again Benning isn't in charge and we still had to make concessions to get under the cap yet again, so your point is meaningless.

Well then quit bitching and also maybe take into account COVIDs impact on the cap overall. Stop blaming Benning for signings made PRIOR to COVID. You brought up previous management, I reminded you of some things. Drop the Benning shit, leave it in the past and move on. He isnt here, his choices were not to buyout OEL, this management group chose to when the could have found a way to rid themselves of Myers. They also chose to reinvest in Boeser, not move Garland when his value was high. I can pick apart this management group’s choices as their time goes along. You all look back at a GMs shortcomings while having to rebuild and expected a cup?? Like what? Our rebuild is nowhere near as bad as soooo many other organizations have had it and are STILL dealing with. We are back in the convention of the stanley cup 9 years after Benning took over, thats a remarkable turn around to go from having nothing to a legit top contender and yes this current management group has added guys who are contributing, but its largely Bennings guys that are getting the job done.

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team. The problem was enough to sell high on one of their top prospects for LindhoLindholm's rentaldholm, 29, has just nine goals and 32 points through 49 games but is just two seasons removed from a 42-goal, 82-point campaign. He will take on a significant role with the Canucks.                                                                                                             

Edited by Rekker
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team. The problem was enough to sell high on one of their top prospects for LindhoLindholm's rentaldholm, 29, has just nine goals and 32 points through 49 games but is just two seasons removed from a 42-goal, 82-point campaign. He will take on a significant role with the Canucks.                                                                                                             

Why would he not want to sign? Yes, he's American, but he's already made the decision to play in Canada and the Canucks are a good team that has spots opening up on the right side with Hronek the only sure thing who's part of the team's future. Not sure I buy it unless something comes out about him hating Tocchet or something like that.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

What the hell is the middle of the sentence? For LindoLindolm's rentaldholm?

Computer possessed or is someone hitting the Crown a little early?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

And the plot thickens....

If this is really the case, then thank the all mighty they traded him out of the organisation...

Doesn't mater if he will be good or a superstar... Don't need the drama...  So long and good luck

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

"The price right now for Tanev, I’m told, is a second-round pick plus another asset,” reported LeBrun

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-leafs-aware-flames-price-tanev

The Flames have apparently informed the Canucks and Leafs the price of Tanev. Its a 2nd and another asset.

We have to get this done. Send them what they want and let's make this team next level elite.  

Just having Tanev on RD with Horonek and Myers makes us so much better.. 

Hughes Horonek 

Soucy Tanev

Zadorov Myers

Cole

Now that's a D line we can feel comfortable going on a deep playoff run with..

Soucy and Myers is a way better combo imo. That's who was playing together when we started the run were on. Cole is better than Zadorov. He's the 7th man rotating in when needed. Just my opinion ... they are pretty close but I feel Cole is a smarter, more solid defender. Obviously Zadorov has the size.