[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

On 1/21/2024 at 7:43 PM, Nuck1991 said:

canucks need a center. With petey and miller playing on same line, the hole in 2nd line needs to be filled. Jared Mccann would make a lot of sense. Kuzmenko plus a 1st rounder could get it done 

Was not McCann here for 2yrs and found wanting?

My #1 trade wish is Elia Lindholm out of CGY.

He's an elite 2 way 2C that we need. He's an excellent 2 way player. Came in 2nd and 10th in Selke voting last couple of years. He PKs PPs and puts up points on top of being a shut down 2C.

Get this player and our chances at a Cup run become a lot higher. 

The cost will be considerable. A 1st + 4th + B+ prospect

This is the year to make a run. We have a lot of UFAs and who knows what's going to happen with Pettersson.

Get Lindhom and another 2nd pair RHD and we will have as good a chance as any team to win the Cup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He's an elite 2 way 2C that we need. He's an excellent 2 way player. Came in 2nd and 10th in Selke voting last couple of years. He PKs PPs and puts up points on top of being a shut down 2C.

This is the year to make a run. We have a lot of UFAs and who knows what's going to happen with Pettersson.

Get Lindhom and another 2nd pair RHD and we will have as good a chance as any team to win the Cup.

Just do all our shopping in Calgary!

Van:
Lindholm & Tanev(50% retained on both)

Cgy :

Kuzmenko, Klimovich, 1st round pick 

Edited by Sika21
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Sika21 said:

Just do all our shopping in Calgary!

Van:
Lindholm & Tanev(50% retained on both)

Cgy :

Kuzmenko, Klimovich, 1st round pick 

It'll cost a lot more than that for those 2 players.. 

If we can get those 2 players I'd be ecstatic. But the cost will be quite high..

That package you propose might get you 1 of the aforementioned players. Going to have to add quite a bit for both.

I would add as long as the 3 kids from Sweden's WJC team are not involved.  

Edited by WHL rocks

5 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Dhali mentioned today that management likes the center depth currently and Huggy is telling management that he likes/wants Tanev.  

I like Tanev, but I hope we pass. He'll block a shot and be out for the playoffs knowing our luck. 

5 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Dhali mentioned today that management likes the center depth currently and Huggy is telling management that he likes/wants Tanev.  

I thought he mentioned Giroux later in the show?

Just now, J-23 said:

Said we had scouts, as well as many other teams, at the Habs/Sens game.  Threw out a few names, Xhekaj seemed like the main one and I think he did mention Giroux.  Then speculated if it's someone we don't have in the radar like Miller/Hronek deal.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He did. Giroux/Tarasenko/Xhekaj is who we were scouting. I'd cream if we got Giroux. 

Edited by Dom
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Threw out a few names, Xhekaj seemed like the main one

If the team can make a trade here, he could do very well with our coaching staff. 

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

He did. Giroux/Tarasenko/Xehaj is who we were scouting. I'd cream if we got Giroux. 

Honestly I'd rather trade for Giroux than Lindholm, he's always been one of my favourite players. 

57.7% on face-offs this year as well.  

• Cheers 1

On 1/22/2024 at 11:38 AM, Nucker67 said:

On the table?

1st (2024 and 2025)

2nd (2025)

3rd (2024)

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Podkolzin    Prefer not...

Alriksson

Hirose

Brzustewicz        NO

My input, but I like that your suggestions are probably those being discussed. Really like the thread @Honkin Hronek

Personally I am not after Guentzel.  If we spent a bomb, which I also prefer not, I like Lindholm.

Henrique perhaps the smartest, yet also a bit more reasonable in price?  He exudes the hard checking, nasty even in face-off's approach that wins pucks & swarms opposition more the most. Reasonable speed. Can chip in a goal, although not as many as Lindholm. 

We are scoring enough goals, need more pucks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Said we had scouts, as well as many other teams, at the Habs/Sens game.  Threw out a few names, Xhekaj seemed like the main one and I think he did mention Giroux.  Then speculated if it's someone we don't have in the radar like Miller/Hronek deal.

Friedman reported the other night that teams have been calling about Xhekaj and they've been told he's not available 

• Thanks 1

I’m sure many teams are calling about giroux

to OTT

2024 1st 

Karlsson 

Mcdonaugh 

to VAN

Giroux  max retention by Ottawa 

then we keep Kuzmenko 

flip him at draft for a 1st or 2nd+3rd if he doesn’t rebound 

resign giroux in summer 

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

So he doesn't like Schenn? Ridiculous.

Tanev is a far better defenseman in every way but hits.

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

would love Giroux, as a rental, he would be my top target, can play wing and C

still has juice in the tank

To VAN

Zub

Grioux

To OTT

2024 1st

Kuzmenko

Podkolzin

Given Giroux signed in OTT to be closer to home and has a full NMC, I doubt he's a realistic target. That said, I'd love him and Zub. Prefer to keep Podkolzin though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

How about a Tanev reunion 

Pettersson Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Suter Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Tanev Aman Lafferty 

Hughes Hronek

Zedorov Tanev

Cole Myers

Soucy Juulsen 

I guess it would have to be Kuzmenko to Seattle in some sort of deal and we get pieces back to trade to Calgary for the other Tanev 

Edited by Rypien-Punch

I think Vancouver is starting to see incremental buy-in and follow through from Kuzmenko. Not sold on he being the one on the way out.

Unless there is cap created due to injuries or something else in the works I just don't see the team having the cap to add another top tier player. And I'm not too upset about that.

Remember top team in the league, sure there are warts but pretty dangerous club as it stands now.

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

he's going to be too costly to axquire and almost impossible to keep.  I hope they don't gut the system for a rental on a first rn through the playoffs.