[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Just now, spook007 said:

And the plot thickens....

If this is really the case, then thank the all mighty they traded him out of the organisation...

Doesn't mater if he will be good or a superstar... Don't need the drama...  So long and good luck

Adam Foxish maybe. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Sorry, I don't really see why this should change my assessment of the Lindholm trade....I thought the narrative was that a late first rounder hardly ever amounts to anything, so giving it up was no big deal....

....but the Canucks also gave up a player who scored 39 goals a year ago, plus the top defenseman in the OHL right now.....

I agree that Lindholm is the better player, (although Monahan has more points) but I still believe it was an overpayment for a UFA.

The thing is, if Lindholm walks as a UFA and we don't win the cup, then yeah, we friggin' wasted a lot of assets. 

Not sure why these guys keep pounding their chests. 

It's not a matter of who laughs last, let's just hope that it works out one way or another. 

As far as trading Raty, that would be a colossal mistake. Talk about depleting our farm team. For what? An aging UFA? 

Hard pass. 

These fanboys better hope we win the cup this year, because otherwise they're going to look awfully silly. 

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

The thing is, if Lindholm walks as a UFA and we don't win the cup, then yeah, we friggin' wasted a lot of assets. 

Not sure why these guys keep pounding their chests. 

It's not a matter of who laughs last, let's just hope that it works out one way or another. 

As far as trading Raty, that would be a colossal mistake. Talk about depleting our farm team. For what? An aging UFA? 

Hard pass. 

These fanboys better hope we win the cup this year, because otherwise they're going to look awfully silly. 

I'd ever settle for a deep playoff run. When it comes down to it, there's usually a very fine line between actually getting over the hump. Sometimes injuries happen, or a hot goalie on the other side, like what happened in 2011....

But, if we lose in the first couple of rounds.....:classic_wacko:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Sorry, I don't really see why this should change my assessment of the Lindholm trade....I thought the narrative was that a late first rounder hardly ever amounts to anything, so giving it up was no big deal....

....but the Canucks also gave up a player who scored 39 goals a year ago, plus the top defenseman in the OHL right now.....

I agree that Lindholm is the better player, (although Monahan has more points) but I still believe it was an overpayment for a UFA.

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team. The problem was enough to sell high on one of their top prospects for LindhoLindholm's rentaldholm, 29, has just nine goals and 32 points through 49 games but is just two seasons removed from a 42-goal, 82-point campaign. He will take on a significant role with the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team. The problem was enough to sell high on one of their top prospects for LindhoLindholm's rentaldholm, 29, has just nine goals and 32 points through 49 games but is just two seasons removed from a 42-goal, 82-point campaign. He will take on a significant role with the Canucks.

If this is true, maybe it becomes more clear. 

Seeing this and probably true if Hunter B was not going to sign we would have lost him.

Good on Alvin for getting rid of him.The first is going to sting but it's the price you have to pay to get a player and EL is a guy better suited for a playoff run.

Let's face it Kuz might not work out.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Bustowitz was not one of our top prospects. He’s a low chance NHLer. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Seeing this and probably true if Hunter B was not going to sign we would have lost him.

Good on Alvin for getting rid of him.The first is going to sting but it's the price you have to pay to get a player and EL is a guy better suited for a playoff run.

Let's face it Kuz might not work out.

Love Kuz Missile but he was a two season cap dumperoo. Still happy we paid do little to get Lindholm while dumping Kuzzy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I recall hearing at prospects camp that the Canucks were working on signing him (when they signed Mynio) and then crickets.

It is a little odd that he hasn't signed yet throughout this season. obviously we would sign him to an elc in a heartbeat.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

So happy and lucky we got Lindholm when we did. Had to strike fast get it done..

BOS NYR NJD AVS all looking for centremen. WPG got Monahan with a 1st and conditional 3rd. 

The other 4 teams are desperate now. 

Yes, very sneaky ... mwha ha ha.

No all star roster freeze. Bet you those other teams woke up today like 

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't think we can afford to trade Lekkerimaki Willander or EP2

Those 3 are off limits for me.. They're our 5 star prospects and we don't move them..

I'd give up picks and Raty for a top 4 RHD or top 6 winger 

Mikheyev 2nd Raty for top 6 winger.

Friedman 2nd Raty for top 6 RHD

I'd offer those 2 packages for the next deal..

I’ve been a fan since i was a kid in the 70’s. I’ve suffered through so much 😂. I’m at the point of selling my soul to watch them win a cup in my lifetime. Prior to getting Lindholm, we had legit first, third, and fourth lines. We did not have a second line. With a legit second line, especially with Lindholm being a complete 200 foot player. We need another scoring forward. WE WANT THE CUP !!!

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Screw said:

So what do the Canucks spend the remainder of the cap on?

Ryan Rust?

Don't see the Penguins trading him. He always had chemistry with Crosby and Malkin and he is signed long-term on a decent contract for a guy that's had 2, 1 PPG seasons, of late and this year he's in that 0.8 PPG range on a team that's struggled offensively at time.

That did give me an idea

Riley Smith for Ilya Mikheyev?

both seem to need a change of scenery. Smith doesn't seem to be fitting in Pittsburgh... and i see a duo of Eller/Mikheyev on the 3rd line as an excellent shut-down line.

On 2/1/2024 at 4:37 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzy and Bruce are gone.  And we aren't tanking any more.  So, we should replace all 3 with something for Miller and Demko and then a Giraffe for fun...

@Ribs Alright, we got the Giraffe.  Now we need to get rid of the tank and then add a Demko and a Miller one.  😊

• chaos 2

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Cmon dont pee in his cereal.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  His opinion on any player is completely meaningless because he admire he has zero objectivity. Either the player craps gold because he's Canucks property of he's a puck sucker and bustaroo if he plays for another team. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Why would he not want to sign? Yes, he's American, but he's already made the decision to play in Canada and the Canucks are a good team that has spots opening up on the right side with Hronek the only sure thing who's part of the team's future. Not sure I buy it unless something comes out about him hating Tocchet or something like that.

I saw a comment that he was perhaps considering school so he would probably be able to end a FA at the end of that if so. Just spitballing totally though, also heard some comments when drafted that his focus was on becoming a journalist or sportscaster, or something along those lines. 

I myself have seen a lot of projects that have these great offensive skills just not able to play on the d-side. I have heard that even though he says he works on it, it's not so great as of now. His offensive stats are pretty wild though but others have mentioned to that he would likely be in direct competition for ice time with Hughes and Hronek. That in itself could stunt his development.

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  His opinion on any player is completely meaningless because he admire he has zero objectivity. Either the player craps gold because he's Canucks property of he's a puck sucker and bustaroo if he plays for another team. 

Well he is not at list confused.🤣😂