[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

15 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Don't see the Penguins trading him. He always had chemistry with Crosby and Malkin and he is signed long-term on a decent contract for a guy that's had 2, 1 PPG seasons, of late and this year he's in that 0.8 PPG range on a team that's struggled offensively at time.

That did give me an idea

Riley Smith for Ilya Mikheyev?

both seem to need a change of scenery. Smith doesn't seem to be fitting in Pittsburgh... and i see a duo of Eller/Mikheyev on the 3rd line as an excellent shut-down line.

Yeah.   I hope Mik finds his groove.   Didn’t Smith have some injury problems?  Can’t really recall.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarke said:

We are one more top 6 forward away from being big cup favorites.  I would like to see how Lindholm and EP play together.  If it works out then we need another scorer for BB and JT.  Otherwise, keep the Lotto line together and find someone for Lindholm.  I would trade a 2025 1st or one of our coveted  prize prospects.  We are so close.

One former player that got mocked alot by fans was Mason Raymond. He was a second line winger on our 2011 cup run. I think we're okay, but like someone else said, Hoglander could be moved to the top six. He's better than mikayev. 

30 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

I’ve been a fan since i was a kid in the 70’s. I’ve suffered through so much 😂. I’m at the point of selling my soul to watch them win a cup in my lifetime. Prior to getting Lindholm, we had legit first, third, and fourth lines. We did not have a second line. With a legit second line, especially with Lindholm being a complete 200 foot player. We need another scoring forward. WE WANT THE CUP !!!

Ya I hear you brother. Same thing here. I'm a fan since 1985 when I moved to Vancouver as a 9 year old kid.. Toni Tanti Garth Butcher Cam Neally days... I desperately want to win a cup.  

I think we have this year and next year to make serious runs at the Cup..  

After that we have 5mill Ekman Larsson cap penalty and a bunch of other issues...

We have to go for it but we can't trade Lekkerimaki he's a future star player.. 

We're pretty set. We can get a winger with a 2nd and Raty plus roster player like PDG or Mikheyev..

We just need a capable top 6 winger and a RHD..

I think we'll get those 2 players by tdl without trading our top 3 prospects.  Lekkerimaki Willander and EP2 are off limits. 

We'll trade someone from Abby and add picks 

12 minutes ago, Screw said:

Yeah.   I hope Mik finds his groove.   Didn’t Smith have some injury problems?  Can’t really recall.

yes. against the canucks on january 11th.

he is listed day to day and wasn't moved to the IR from what i can see so i'll assume he will return sooner than later

Good teams sell high on good players. There's core players, difference makers, and role players. Even a guy like Garland should be expendable to keep a great team together IE next year. You have to sell high on good players and get picks/players back in return or bank on what you have and cap space annually and hope your 16+ picks turn into something. Canucks sold on a potential 30+ goal scorer, and a very high scoring kid defensemen to get a legit top center. I hope they do keep making deals like this instead of sitting on what they have and hoping it works and digging in the rubbish bin each UFA season trying to find a complementary piece that's not looking for his last payday. 

When you look at 2011, one thing I absolutely hated about Gillis was his inability to make bold moves during our cup runs. I mean he doesn’t trade our 2011 1st, we draft Jensen, a late 1st round pick, and he never amounts to anything. We had guys like Hodgson and Shroeder where he could have used those assets to get a legitimate top 6 forward that would have taken our roster to the next level.

Then in 2012 he trades Hodgson, a struggling young player who at this point wasnt showing much progression —for —an equally struggling player in Kassian. That was our deadline deal. A team that was on its way to back to back presidents trophies gets… another middling prospect. We get knocked out by L.A, and we draft Brendan Gaunce, another late 1st round pick who never amounted to anything. 

Then in 2013 he trades for…. Derek Roy, a fizzling veteran who was way past his prime and undersized, to match up against the big western conference. Another 1st round exit.

our 3 year window, just snapped, closed, due to his inability to get difference makers on our team, and absolutely whiffed on Booth/Ballard back in 2010, when he could’ve made a trade for Savard, Kariya, Hejduk, or hell even made a trade for Plekanec’s who was available at the time and was being shopped as a pending UFA, or hell scrape up enough assets to get Marleau. 

Ffs even in 2011 guys like Kovalev, Erik Cole, Brad Richards, etc who would’ve been an upgrade at the deadline although it was much weaker.

Edited by Odd.
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

When you look at 2011, one thing I absolutely hated about Gillis was his inability to make bold moves during our cup runs. I mean he doesn’t trade our 2011 1st, we draft Jensen, a late 1st round pick, and he never amounts to anything. We had guys like Hodgson and Shroeder where he could have used those assets to get a legitimate top 6 forward that would have taken our roster to the next level.

Then in 2012 he trades Hodgson, a struggling young player who at this point wasnt showing much progression —for —an equally struggling player in Kassian. That was our deadline deal. A team that was on its way to back to back presidents trophies gets… another middling prospect. We get knocked out by L.A, and we draft Brendan Gaunce, another late 1st round pick who never amounted to anything. 

Then in 2013 he trades for…. Derek Roy, a fizzling veteran who was way past his prime and undersized, to match up against the big western conference. Another 1st round exit.

our 3 year window, just snapped, closed, due to his inability to get difference makers on our team, and absolutely whiffed on Booth/Ballard back in 2010, when he could’ve made a trade for Savard, Kariya, Hejduk, or hell even made a trade for Plekanec’s who was available at the time and was being shopped as a pending UFA, or hell scrape up enough assets to get Marleau. 

Amen 

you know who Gillis missed with the Jensen pick… clue … he planned on same line as Jensen in Jr…

Boone Jenner 

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Amen 

you know who Gillis missed with the Jensen pick… clue … he planned on same line as Jensen in Jr…

Boone Jenner 

Yea that’s the thing.

late 1sts are a crapshoot, unless your rebuilding and you need to get every single of these picks right, why not use that asset and get yourself a good player that help you win immediately. That prospect won’t even be a factor for another 3-4 years.

Obviously, you don’t trade your top prospects like Lekkerimaki/Willander/D-Petey for nothing short of an amazing player in return that can also be part of the future, not just a rental. Realistically, the only player we have that is absolutely off limits is Willander, due to him being a prized top pick.

Not for Guentzel or Lindholm’s but if there’s a trade to be made for say Konecny, Eriksson Ek, K’Andre Miller etc you 100% trade Lekkerimaki/Podkolzin/D-Petey and wharever you can scrape off to get those players that fit with the core and are in the prime moments in their lives. again you don’t trade ALL of your prospects, but you do what’s called a bit of asset managing, projecting which players you think can have an impact with the current team you have Vs the longer projecting prospect that may or may not be projecting on the timeline you wish.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We paid pretty much nothing to get Lindholm. But the Hets paid a first and a third to get Monnohands. Is Sllvin spinning black magic? How did he do this? 

The 3rd round pick only gets transferred if the Jets win the Stanley Cup, otherwise, its just the 1st rounder for Monahan.

The conditional 4th rounder the Canucks sent to Calgary is either the better of the NJ or Canucks pick in the 4th round if the Canucks don't make the Western Conference Finals or it upgrades to a 3rd if they do.

So, in essence, worst case scenario for the Canucks is the cost to aquire Lindholm is Kuzmenko, a 1st, a 3rd, Brz, and Jurmo.  Best case scenario for the Canucks is the cost is Kuzmenko, a 1st, NJ 4th (as they will finish below Van), Brz, and Jurmo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

The 3rd round pick only gets transferred if the Jets win the Stanley Cup, otherwise, its just the 1st rounder for Monahan.

The conditional 4th rounder the Canucks sent to Calgary is either the better of the NJ or Canucks pick in the 4th round if the Canucks don't make the Western Conference Finals or it upgrades to a 3rd if they do.

So, in essence, worst case scenario for the Canucks is the cost to aquire Lindholm is Kuzmenko, a 1st, a 3rd, Brz, and Jurmo.  Best case scenario for the Canucks is the cost is Kuzmenko, a 1st, NJ 4th (as they will finish below Van), Brz, and Jurmo.

Best case scenario is we win the Cup and we dont give 3 shits about Calgary getting a 3rd rnd pick from us ever for forever.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

The point is to fumperooo Kuzzy’s contract cost us the first. So to get Lindholm only actually cost us HB and Jurmo. Both are long shot NHLers. So really we paid nothing. 

Just now, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Best case scenario is we win the Cup and we dont give 3 shits about Calgary getting a 3rd rnd pick from us ever for forever.

Absolutely, I simply meant worst case scenario in terms of assets to acquire Lindholm.