[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Just now, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Best case scenario is we win the Cup and we dont give 3 shits about Calgary getting a 3rd rnd pick from us ever for forever.

Exactly! F the Flsmes, their fans, and their city. And F any Canuck posters here who don’t want us to win. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The point is to fumperooo Kuzzy’s contract cost us the first. So to get Lindholm only actually cost us HB and Jurmo. Both are long shot NHLers. So really we paid nothing. 

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't think the Canucks would have needed to give up an asset to offload Kuzmenko.  

Edited by fanofvan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

The trade for Henrique could be a 1st++.

Still many teams that need a second line centre. 

imagine if Allives gets him and we put him on fourth line lol... I mean there is nothing anyone can do now. Edmonton wins every game till they have to play canucks and we put them on a losing streak for last 3 regular season and the first round

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't think the Canucks would have needed to give up an asset to offload Kuzmenko.  

5.5 x 2 fir a puck sucker. The cost is very high. Allvin is a genius. The Flames are serious dumbos. 
Now bow 🙇‍♀️ to the Empties. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

imagine if Allives gets him and we put him on fourth line lol... I mean there is nothing anyone can do now. Edmonton wins every game till they have to play canucks and we put them on a losing streak for last 3 regular season and the first round

Imagine a bottle of great 12 year old Scotch. Then imagine making that bottle into on of the sacred empties. Now that’s winning. 

Just now, Alflives said:

5.5 x 2 fir a puck sucker. The cost is very high. Allvin is a genius. The Flames are serious dumbos. 
Now bow 🙇‍♀️ to the Empties. 

He was the number 1 ranked LW, and #9 overall on the TSN trade list.  He had 1 year remaining at $5.5m and some teams prefer term when trading.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. JR/Allvin did great stealing Lindholm early and for so cheap. Monnohands cost more. 

Ya it was good to get a trade early, especially with so many contenders needing a second line centre.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, fanofvan said:

He was the number 1 ranked LW, and #9 overall on the TSN trade list.  He had 1 year remaining at $5.5m and some teams prefer term when trading.

Love Kuz Missile but he’s 100% a cap dumperoo. Glames were stupid and are losers. 

• chaos 1

new puck sucker born every day. TSN you say? you mean the Leafs?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Ya it was good to get a trade early, especially with so many contenders needing a second line centre.

Yup. Conroy said there was a bidding war for Lindholm. Hard to believe really considering we paid almost nothing to get the pkayer. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Maybe Toffoli (50% Retained) and we can move Suter back to centre on the 4th line?

Pettersson - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Toffoli - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty 

Or Tanev (50% Retained), then we can have 7-8 defencemen who will be ready in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

Elliotte Friedman reported that there was some concern within the Vancouver organization that Brzustewicz was not going to sign with the team. 

Check out this interview of Hunter Brzustewicz after the trade....

At the 30 second mark he says...

"I've always said i think for the past couple weeks that it would be really cool to be part of a trade and obviously it came true"

Definitely sounds like he didnt want to be here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

dont get me wrong, I loved Kuzy. But lindholm will play the Toccet way and saves 500K cap... for a hunter kindergarten guy and some washed out picks.

Lindholm has been underperforming even worse than Kuz.

I just hope he is more than a rental. If we can sign both Lindholm and Petey i could even let Soucy go, even Heronik

4 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Check out this interview of Hunter Brzustewicz after the trade....

At the 30 second mark he says...

"I've always said i think for the past couple weeks that it would be really cool to be part of a trade and obviously it came true"

Definitely sounds like he didnt want to be here.

Probably doesn’t see the opportunity here considering Hughes will be getting the minutes he would need to have success.

Would be funny if he Adam Foxed the Flames too.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Probably doesn’t see the opportunity here considering Hughes will be getting the minutes he would need to have success.

Would be funny if he Adam Foxed the Flames too.

I mean his NHL career is 4 years away. We will have Bedard back to Vancouver before then

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Conroy said there was a bidding war for Lindholm. Hard to believe really considering we paid almost nothing to get the pkayer. 

Nick Kypreos said the trade happened so fast, that a team that wanted to trade for Lindholm didn’t even know the trade happened.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Nick Kypreos said the trade happened so fast, that a team that wanted to trade for Lindholm didn’t even know the trade happened.

Conroy said he called all the teams that he was negotiating with to put in their final offers. I guess that team wasn't in serious negotiations 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Maybe Toffoli (50% Retained) and we can move Suter back to centre on the 4th line?

Pettersson - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Toffoli - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty 

Or Tanev (50% Retained), then we can have 7-8 defencemen who will be ready in the playoffs.

any other majors will require retention, for sure. Toffoli might be a great add if we can get Pearson back from montreal to play with him. That 70's line.

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Conroy said he called all the teams that he was negotiating with to put in their final offers. I guess that team wasn't in serious negotiations 

It sounded like they were a serious team.

Regardless, who knows how negotiations went. However, sounds like majority of the hockey world thinks the Lindholm trade is perfect for the Canucks and Flames.

Edited by J-23

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I heard him say this too. I guess Conroy thought a lot of Bustowitz. Because our offer (consider the cap dump of Kuzzy) really want much. The Flsmes are most likely to end up with nothing from this trade. Conroy choose quantity over quality. image.gif.dd6091cf6e746effa4d6f9711fb18d51.gif

• Cheers 1

Well Kuzmenko was a top 10 on The Hockey Writers list too....or is that a Leafs outlet as well?

maybe but every canucks fan loved Kuz but knows he aint worth 5.5 and we have no cap.... so this was a cap dump with some sweeteners but reality is Lindholm has way more upside playing with some other swedes. some sedin coaches.... some better restaurants and company. Kuz just wants to party, Calgary is a party city anyway and they have deep dish pizza. Great trade both ways... as long as we can resign Lindholm asap based on his current production. Cause Petey will turn him into a superstar.