[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

Conroy said he called all the teams that he was negotiating with to put in their final offers. I guess that team wasn't in serious negotiations 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I heard him say this too. I guess Conroy thought a lot of Bustowitz. Because our offer (consider the cap dump of Kuzzy) really want much. The Flsmes are most likely to end up with nothing from this trade. Conroy choose quantity over quality. image.gif.dd6091cf6e746effa4d6f9711fb18d51.gif

Anybody know what the condition is on the 4th rounder?

25 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Our market rarely talks about Hunter brzzz he was a mid tier prospect of ours that was putting up some crazy points in junior hockey, now he’s being talked about like he’s Adam frickin fox, and here we thought we had a shallow prospect pool lol

Hello Mr Captain Insano, sometimes when I watch you opening up a can of whoop ass I notice you seem to be sweating profusely my name is Bobby Boucher. I am wondering if you are in need of an experienced waterboy? I AM 35 YEARS old 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Its actually a 3rd when we make it to western finals. thats the condition. I dont really care about a 3rd if we beat both edmonton and winterpeg and get to the finals.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Its the better of the 2 x 4th rounders the Canucks have if they don't win the Western Conference Finals.  If they do win the WCF then the pick is upgraded to a 3rd rounder.

Edited by fanofvan
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Life of a Canuck said:

It would probably take a minimum of 2nd to find a taker of Kuz 5.5 million dollar contract alone… so good thing you not anywhere near Canucks’ Management 🤣

I'm sure Chicago would have taken him for free... but the flames obviously saw him as good value in this trade (hence the D prospect, B prospect, late late 1st in a shallow draft and 4th round pick additions)

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Its actually a 3rd when we make it to western finals. thats the condition. I dont really care about a 3rd if we beat both edmonton and winterpeg and get to the finals.

11 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Its the better of the 2 x 4th rounders the Canucks have if they don't win the Western Conference Finals.  If they do win the WCF then the pick is upgraded to a 3rd rounder.

7 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

If we make the western conference final it becomes a 3rd

That's 2024 obviously.

Thanks guys!

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Life of a Canuck said:

It would probably take a minimum of 2nd to find a taker of Kuz 5.5 million dollar contract alone… so good thing you not anywhere near Canucks’ Management 🤣

Maybe we could have done that deal with Calgary still and gotten a signed Lindholm jersey in return as well and put it on Karlsson's back. Like honestly, he's a Swede too. I really think it could have worked with a bit of hair dye and his helmet done up tight and a visor.

Edited by Gawdzukes

30 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I want Edmonton in the playoffs soooo bad.  I want to see them cry

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

You can't attach conditional picks for signing players. They got rid of that

NHL general managers have become increasingly creative with the use of conditions in trades.

But there are limits to the types of conditions NHL GMs can impose. The league has prohibited conditions related to whether a player traded for will re-sign with the acquiring team. This regulation ensures that the player's agency and free will are respected during contract negotiations.

Touche Mon frier 

Not sure if this was posted…

Calgary Flames Acquire:
Logo of the Calgary Flames
Joni Jurmo (Signing Rights)
Hunter Brzustewicz (Signing Rights)
2024 1st round pick (VAN)
2024 4th round pick (VAN) [Conditional]*
*Conditions: 1. The 4th round pick becomes a 3rd round pick (VAN) if Vancouver makes it to the conference finals. 
2. If the pick remains a 4th, Calgary will receive the better of the two picks that Vancouver currently owns (VAN & NJD)

Vancouver Canucks Acquire:
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks

12 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

The more I think the more I hope Hoglander can end up in the top six, he's been the most noticable in for checking and effort and capitalizing on scoring chances all year aside from maybe the 3rd line being nothing short of amazing, and the resurgence of Boeser.. he's been a big or the biggest bright spot this season. I thought he'd be trade bait this year for sure before his play shot off. 

Petterson Lindholm Hoglander

Suter Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Mikheyev Aman Lafferty 

I simply dont like Suter on the 2nd line. Ideally would want him centering the 4th line. 

Any tough as nails LW available that could be had for Raty/Karlsson and a pick? Someone who battles hard, hits like a truck and is defensively sound? Dont care if he doesnt score more than 10 points for the remainder of the season. 

Or maybe the reincarnation of Gordie Howe, Podkolzin can take that spot?! I just havent been impressed with Aman this season as compared to last. 

Lindholm Petey Hoglander

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Mikhayev Suter Lafferty

If Podk can graduate and get acclimated to the structure and systems quickly, we can focus on getting another RHS defenseman. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  His opinion on any player is completely meaningless because he admire he has zero objectivity. Either the player craps gold because he's Canucks property of he's a puck sucker and bustaroo if he plays for another team. 

Im fine with that. At the very least its great entertainment value. 

1 hour ago, Mc1laren said:

I simply dont like Suter on the 2nd line. Ideally would want him centering the 4th line. 

Any tough as nails LW available that could be had for Raty/Karlsson and a pick? Someone who battles hard, hits like a truck and is defensively sound? Dont care if he doesnt score more than 10 points for the remainder of the season. 

Or maybe the reincarnation of Gordie Howe, Podkolzin can take that spot?! I just havent been impressed with Aman this season as compared to last. 

Lindholm Petey Hoglander

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Mikhayev Suter Lafferty

If Podk can graduate and get acclimated to the structure and systems quickly, we can focus on getting another RHS defenseman. 

That’s Podz position LT I think; he’s that exact player, but would get more than 10pts rest of season if he’s got his legs back.

Time to call him up to see. Trading for Lindholm pushed all ur chips in for this year. If he doesn’t perform, pick someone up at TDL. I’d love for him to get the PO exp though.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1