[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

So what do the flames do with Kuz???

Try to get another late first,or keep him with who????

I just don't see him being happy there as there's no real set up man for him.

Flames flip him to Tampa

10 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

That's just it and who knows he might not even sign with the flames.

He will get a better opportunity there so might,time will tell.

Well really all he has to do is spend another year in kitchener dominating and then he can call his shot after june 1st 2025. This is after all a kid that committed to the Michigan wolverines and then pulled out for his own reasons.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

Well really all he has to do is spend another year in kitchener dominating and then he can call his shot after june 1st 2025. This is after all a kid that committed to the Michigan wolverines and then pulled out for his own reasons.

Players like him seems our GM just trade.You aren't sure or not a team player gone.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

it does. 

yep, IF its true that he wasn't willing to sign a deal, then you move him while his value might be really inflated. If its not, it doesn't matter if he wasn't going to sign here anyway.

There is absolutely no evidence of that and it's a moo point anyway

On 2/1/2024 at 6:27 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland doesn’t play on the first unit PP. Garland and Mikheyev both play on the second unit. Garland only has one power play point this year, an assist. His shooting percentage is terrible at just over 7%. He takes a lot of shots and they almost never go in. 

Mikheyev isn’t any better on the PP but his shooting percentage is almost 11% and at least he kills penalties. 

That's not what I meant.  Garland tends to get us on the PP more often (I didn't mention that he's good on the PP).  He draws lots of penalties.

• Cheers 1

I am still amazed by the amount of trades and signings that worked out for the Canucks in the past 12 months. What has impressed me the most is how management seem to always been able to correct something that isn't working out and improve the team. 

Lindholm hasn't played a game for us yet so while he looks like the perfect fit we'll still have to see how he gels with us. Hopefully he'll regain the form a couple of years ago. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lots of Rathbone fans learned that player wasn’t an NHLer because he can’t play at all defensively. Bustowitz is the same. He will end up in a Euro league. 

I reckon he'll be a 6/7 offensive D like Brad Hunt. Make a career in the powerplay. Not here though!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I reckon he'll be a 6/7 offensive D like Brad Hunt. Make a career in the powerplay. Not here though!

He may also end up as a TV personality. He seemed more focused on that then hockey when interviewed at the draft. If you watch his highlights it's all PP stuff and playing on a stacked team overwhelming the opposition in their end. Not much build up or defensive work. 90% of that stuff isn't going to work after junior. There is a reason he was only a 3rd rounder.

I’d still stand by the idea that Allvin/JR inherited a top shelf core of players.. but adding both Hronek and now Lindholm in 2 years on top of the amazing job in the bottom 6/defence/backup goalie department is just mind boggling.

Time will tell if it’s all worth it but at this juncture I’d say we’ve never seen this masterclass in team building in the last few decades.  Maybe Quinn putting together the 94 group.  But I think the amount of firepower being brought in likely surpasses the amazing job Gillis did for 2011.  

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Agreed, Suter has what? 4 goals and 6 points in his last 3 games? Get that crap out of there, I want a guy would puts up 6 points in 30 games! Put the guy with the hot hand on a line where he can sit the most. That's how you win games!!

Honestly believe thats sustainable? Youd be okay going with a career bottom 6 in your top 6 come playoff time against the jets, oilers or Knights? Give your head a shake 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

Garland has been leaps and bounds ahead of mikheyev this season, anyone that watches would know that, you might get analytic junkies in here that don’t watch hockey as well pulling up charts but anyone with any sense would see garlands value driving the best 3rd line in hockey where mikheyev was part of our very inconsistent chemistry lacked 2nd line, if he could learn to drive rather than button hook on 90% of his entry’s i could change my opinion on him 

Garland is actually an analytic darling as well.  

They don’t post his sparkling underlying stats as much, I suspect, because the analytic/Junior GM crowd don’t like his contract or the OEL trade.

That crowd from what I’ve seen treat everything like an argument in a university paper - refusing to concede anything -  rather than engaging in an honest hockey discussion. 

It’s pretty fair to say even if you don’t like the contract or the trade that brought him here, he’s been an absolute spark plug for us in the bottom 6 and is a key factor in us attacking in waves vs just our top 6.  

I’d say he’s our 3rd best play driver among our forwards after Petey and Miller - and the fact he’s on the 3rd line is a tactical nightmare for the opposition.

Edited by The Duke
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, stawns said:

There is absolutely no evidence of that and it's a moo point anyway

There may no concrete evidence that Hunter B wasn't going to sign with the Canucks, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a real issue. Only the two parties know the truth. He was not signed at the time of the trade and there is as much a possibility of him not signing as there was a possibility of him signing with the Canucks. If management was spooked in anyway, makes sense to trade him now. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Rekker said:

There may no concrete evidence that Hunter B wasn't going to sign with the Canucks, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a real issue. Only the two parties know the truth. He was not signed at the time of the trade and there is as much a possibility of him not signing as there was a possibility of him signing with the Canucks. If management was spooked in anyway, makes sense to trade him now. 

Agreed and I thought, last week, this might be the time to move him

• Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He may also end up as a TV personality. He seemed more focused on that then hockey when interviewed at the draft. If you watch his highlights it's all PP stuff and playing on a stacked team overwhelming the opposition in their end. Not much build up or defensive work. 90% of that stuff isn't going to work after junior. There is a reason he was only a 3rd rounder.

There is the reason national US team didn't pick him up,and he is so great talent.

1 hour ago, Mc1laren said:

Honestly believe thats sustainable? Youd be okay going with a career bottom 6 in your top 6 come playoff time against the jets, oilers or Knights? Give your head a shake 

I think you took my post out of context. I was replying to this absolute rocket scientist of a human being that had the great idea of taking a player who is producing off our most successful line and putting on a grinder with 4th line production....

10 hours ago, Mc1laren said:

Someone who battles hard, hits like a truck and is defensively sound? Dont care if he doesnt score more than 10 points for the remainder of the season. 

You 2 should hash it out on who should shake their head the hardest

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Edited by Coryberg
  • Haha 3

had a few days to digest the trade and im loving it more and more. Like i said earlier in the thread the fact this got done early and before some other teams could jump in makes it an even better trade for us. With 33 games left we only need 29 points to hit 100. that should be very achievable. 

Lindholm gives us a dramatic upgrade at faceoffs and defense from the center position. He very likely finds his offensive game with this team playing with much better players than he was in Calgary. 

Reading through some want to see Hogs or Pods on the second line. I like where each of those players are right now.  I think we need to find some truculence in a vetr forward that has a bit of edge to him. I know Ottawa has Giroux locked up long term but id love to see if the Canucks could pry him away. 

Alex Tuch would be fun to see play with the 2nd line as well. Maybe Mik straight up? 

They need some snarl up front. Miller can be that guy a bit but he is too valuable to want stirring the pot. We need him on the ice.

Someone suggested Maroon but i dont think he is the guy anymore . Too slow for this team. Any other thoughts?

Edited by Mikeyman109
  • Like 1