[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Lindholm on his own is a serious upgrade on Kuzmenko. His two way play is far superior than Kuzy's will ever be and he'll fit in seamlessly in Tocchet's system. This is the kind of trade a cup contender makes if they feel they're close, and the most valuable pieces are a 1st that, barring something unforseen, will be late 20's, early 30's and a defense prospect that was expendable who we sold high on. 

We've been stuck between mediocre and not bad enough to completely bottom out since 2015, that's 8 years. Trades like this give us a real shot to do something that not even the most optimistic fans would've thought was remotely possible during the summer. 

I wouldn't say he's a serious upgrade both players are having major down years, offensively, but I do think Lindholm fits what the Canucks need better

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

It's all JR my friend.  PA is doing a great job. But these deals are happening because JR is here. 

JR is PA's mentor, so.of course there's no PA without JR. All of them deserve praise. 

3 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Have you seen any Abby games lately? The guy has been a beast, hitting, fighting, great stickhanding and scoring. He leads the team in goals and is tied for 2nd on the team in points despite missing 7 games to injury.

34 games 13 goals 25 points is a

31 goal 60 point pace over 82 games

Easy to forget the kid is only 22 years old. Compare that to Nichushkin, at age 22 he wasn't even in north America anymore, he had packed up and went home when the going got tough. Now he is a point per game player. Would be crazy to give up on podz.

His floor will be a 3rd line player like Joshua, his ceiling is top 6 power forward that can do it all. I'm pretty sure Podkolzin is front and center when Rutherford says that we have young guys who can fill some holes created by our pending UFAs (I'm looking at Joshua or Lafferty's spots).

And he leads the team in shots by a lot. 

1 hour ago, highandinside said:

Hog EP EL

Suter JT BB

Garland Blueger Joshua 

Mik Aman Lafferty 

I would like to see the Swedes together and then you have a fast line with Mik and Lafferty.  If we can pick up one more solid winger for Miller's line you can move Suter with Mik and have Aman as an injury replacement.  We can roll 4 lines and I don't think you even need to number them as they are all capable. 

I love the idea of Hogs with them, but I'd make a small change to the 2nd and 4th lines:

Hogs - Petey - Lindholm

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG/Aman - Suter - Lafferty

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

I could see podkolzin or pettersson the 2nd, but I can't see allvin viewing any further potential upgrade this year being worth the others. they already got their main target. 

I almost hope they move pettersson just out of empathy for shorty. 

I want to see all 3 Elias’s on the ice at the same time just for shits and giggles. I wonder what Shorty would do?  Would he get up and leave?  Retire? 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I want to see all 3 Elias’s on the ice at the same time just for shits and giggles. I wonder what Shorty would do?  Would he get up and leave?  Retire? 

One day if possible would love to see a line-up of all these players on the same team:

Elias Pettersson (C)

Elias Pettersson (D)

Elias Lindholm

Markus Pettersson

Hampus Lindholm

We will get all the Elias, Petterssons and Lindholms

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

4 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

One day if possible would love to see a line-up of all these players on the same team:

Elias Pettersson (C)

Elias Pettersson (D)

Elias Lindholm

Markus Pettersson

Hampus Lindholm

Dream bigger... 3 Hughes'

9 hours ago, stawns said:

Agreed and I thought, last week, this might be the time to move him

The way i saw the deal, if you switched Hunter B with Willander, d-petey, lekerremaki, or podz, giving up Hunter doesnt seem like a big deal. Good thing they did the early, considering Lindholm was one of the biggest fish in trading deadline, it might have cost us one of the 4 players i mentioned had management waited

If we play Mikheyev and Suter/Hoglander/Garland with Lindholm, I worry he's going to be the same ghost of a center as he is in Calgary right now. Slot 100pt Petey on his wing and he'll have a resurgence the way he did with Gaudreau.

I hope we go into the playoffs with the pairings of Miller/Boeser, Petey/Lindholm, Garland/Blueger/Joshua and Lafferty/Hoglander. Good teams have these pairs across the lineup and we've just found a way to have a nicer more balanced attack.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

he'd handle it with skill and professionalism like he always does. 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Meh I’m sure he’ll just call one Elias the other lindholm and the last one pettersson. I mean it’s not even common for them to call players by first name anyways. 

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is a reason why we are going ALL IN this year.  We are right now the best team in the league, this was completely unexpected.  Also, Petey and Hronek are still on affordable contracts.  Also, this is the only year that the OEL buyout doesn’t affect us.  Combine this all together and the stars are aligned for us to go deep in the playoffs.  Adding Lindholm to effectively replace Kuzmenko was a stroke of genius for this year’s cup run.  He is exactly the missing piece we needed in our top 6.

This team we have now may never be together again, so I hope this is the year.  Next year there will be changes as we have 10 expiring contracts.  How much this team will change next season nobody knows.  But what we do know is that this year we are going for the cup.  This is it.  

Just remember, when you have a team that can go all the way you take the shot.  Because if you don’t, then THE CHANCE MAY NEVER COME AGAIN.  If you don’t believe me, just ask Ray Bourque…

Look at the current Canes. Very good team but not willing to add key pieces. And after great regular seasons they fizzle out in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, TopChed said:

The trade so far is

To Gary: 1st + 3rd 2026 + 3rd/4th 2024 + Hunter + Jurmo

To Nux: Zadorov + Lindholm 

cannon shooting GIF

What, if that, was the cost to dumperoo Kuz Missile? Still happily surprised Cowgary took him. Guys like Kuz often take lot of Sugar to move out. At least a first. 

6 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

Elias Pettersson (C)

Elias Pettersson (D)

Elias Lindholm

Markus Pettersson

Hampus Lindholm

coached by patrik elias and pete peters.

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we play Mikheyev and Suter/Hoglander/Garland with Lindholm, I worry he's going to be the same ghost of a center as he is in Calgary right now. Slot 100pt Petey on his wing and he'll have a resurgence the way he did with Gaudreau.

I hope we go into the playoffs with the pairings of Miller/Boeser, Petey/Lindholm, Garland/Blueger/Joshua and Lafferty/Hoglander. Good teams have these pairs across the lineup and we've just found a way to have a nicer more balanced attack.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see hogs promoted to Petey's line and podz get a call up to play on the 4th line with suter and laffy.

• Like 2

Jets paid a first and a third (will be a higher first too, so more value) for Monnohands. We paid the same (lower value first though) and a B level prospect and a C level prospect while adding a cap dump that has an extra year on his contract for Lindholm. Great job by Allvin! 

• Vintage 4

20 hours ago, stawns said:

There is absolutely no evidence of that and it's a moo point anyway

There is, and of course it does matter. If Allvin knew the kid likely wasn't going to sign youd prefer we keep him?

Edited by Bob Long

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jets paid a first and a third (will be a higher first too, so more value) for Monnohands. We paid the same (lower value first though) and a B level prospect and a C level prospect while adding a cap dump that has an extra year on his contract for Lindholm. Great job by Allvin! 

It'll be interesting to see how wpg uses him. Does he get easy minutes like he had in Montreal? Does that fit how wpg plays?

12 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Have you seen any Abby games lately? The guy has been a beast, hitting, fighting, great stickhanding and scoring. He leads the team in goals and is tied for 2nd on the team in points despite missing 7 games to injury.

34 games 13 goals 25 points is a

31 goal 60 point pace over 82 games

Easy to forget the kid is only 22 years old. Compare that to Nichushkin, at age 22 he wasn't even in north America anymore, he had packed up and went home when the going got tough. Now he is a point per game player. Would be crazy to give up on podz.

His floor will be a 3rd line player like Joshua, his ceiling is top 6 power forward that can do it all. I'm pretty sure Podkolzin is front and center when Rutherford says that we have young guys who can fill some holes created by our pending UFAs (I'm looking at Joshua or Lafferty's spots).

Yeah, dumping Podz at this point seems like an incredibly silly idea. He can be useful on any line, and he is exactly the type of player we need in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It'll be interesting to see how wpg uses him. Does he get easy minutes like he had in Montreal? Does that fit how wpg plays?

Yup. We know Lindholm will fit perfectly with us. Monnohands isn’t a top six on a good club and is horrid defensively. Not too sure what he adds. Heck, maybe he actually makes the Jets worse? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We know Lindholm will fit perfectly with us. Monnohands isn’t a top six on a good club and is horrid defensively. Not too sure what he adds.

Yep there's a reason they targeted Lindholm months ago.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Heck, maybe he actually makes the Jets worse? 

Panic buying?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1