[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

23 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Maybe he's just chill with the fact that he's doing well in the OHL and has prospects of being in the NHL. He doesn't really have a need to be completely attached to one team or another at this point. Maybe he just likes being part of an NHL organization and doesn't look too much beyond that at this point, which I think's a perfectly valid way of looking at things.

Seems like there's too much of trying to "read between the lines" and looking for a reason to let him go mentally even when that shouldn't be needed. Either way, it doesn't seem fair to HB in my opinion.

Some fans need to believe that in order to accept the trade… but from where I’m sitting he was a logical piece to give up for Lindholm even if he were 100% committed to us.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Some fans need to believe that in order to accept the trade… but from where I’m sitting he was a logical piece to give up for Lindholm even if he were 100% committed to us.

I said before the trade I’d be happy giving up any piece but Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lekkeramaki, and Willander.

We managed to do that and acquire arguably the best target available. I’m happy about that.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Yeah, I think HB helped solidify this trade and I wish him all the best in the Calgary system. I think he's a solid prospect.

So unless if he blatantly says "I didn't want to be a Canuck anyway" or something of the like (which he didn't), there's really zero reason to think beyond him being a good prospect for whatever team has him.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Exactly. We need to go all-in this year and getting a top 6 roster player for futures such as Brz is a no-brainer. It wouldn't be fair to anyone in the organization, nevertheless the fans, if the executive team didn't do everything possible to set us up for a run at Lord Stanley.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Maybe he's just chill with the fact that he's doing well in the OHL and has prospects of being in the NHL. He doesn't really have a need to be completely attached to one team or another at this point. Maybe he just likes being part of an NHL organization and doesn't look too much beyond that at this point, which I think's a perfectly valid way of looking at things.

Seems like there's too much of trying to "read between the lines" and looking for a reason to let him go mentally even when that shouldn't be needed. Either way, it doesn't seem fair to HB in my opinion.

I think peoole are just constructing this narrative to salve themselves to a degree.  I didn't get that HB was unhappy being a part of the Canucks org

Edited by stawns

Just now, stawns said:

I think prope are just constructing this narrative to salve themselves to a degree.  I didn't get that HB was unhappy being a part of the Canucks org

Yeah, it just baffles me. It's almost as if people need to cope from losing HB even though there's really nothing to cope about...

3 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Not disagreeing with you but management has said they want Podz to cook in Abby this season. My guess is Karlsson and Bains will still outrank him in the call up order this year as they presumably really want (and need) Podz to pop in the NHL next year.

A playoff playoff run with Abby would be a great experience for Pods.

Elias Lindholm’s faceoff dominance is a key and underrated component of his value to the Vancouver Canucks 

Regurgitating some of what we already know, but there are some metrics here, and maybe some things we've not keyed in on enough...from my stand point for sure.

I am stoked to see what he and the team will do moving forward.

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think peoole are just constructing this narrative to salve themselves to a degree.  I didn't get that HB was unhappy being a part of the Canucks org

14 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, it just baffles me. It's almost as if people need to cope from losing HB even though there's really nothing to cope about...

"I've always said i think for the past couple weeks that it would be really cool to be part of a trade and obviously it came true"

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

"I've always said i think for the past couple weeks that it would be really cool to be part of a trade and obviously it came true"

That doesn't prove it though. It just shows he's excited about being an NHL'er and being in a trade. That's it.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

That doesn't prove it though. It just shows he's excited about being an NHL'er and being in a trade. That's it.

Straight from the horses mouth. He was hoping to be traded. There is also the fact that he didn't want to sign with us. It's absurd that you guys are in denial of the fact.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

Straight from the horses mouth. He was hoping to be traded. There is also the fact that he didn't want to sign with us. It's absurd that you guys are in denial of the fact.

Think of me being absurd for not giving into your made up stories all you want. You want to win this debate, you need proof. That line you provided is not proof. I'm not asking for much, just proof. If you can give it to me, I'll listen, but it can't be something where you're pretending to "read between the lines". 

He didn't say when he hoped to be traded. He could have easily be referring to 5 year from now.

Where has he said he didn't want to sign with us. I'm going to caps this part because this is what you will need if you want to convince me: GIVE ME AN EXACT QUOTE OF HIM SAYING THAT. And no, the quote you gave me does not have him saying that. I'm willing to listen if he actually has a quote.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Sounds like a guy who thinks getting traded (away from Vancouver) is cool. If he was disappointed in being traded that would say something too. But he pulled a Bo Horvat comment. He’s a nothing. He will not be a regular NHLer on a winning team. 

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Think of me being absurd for not giving into your made up stories all you want. You want to win this debate, you need proof. That line you provided is not proof. I'm not asking for much, just proof. If you can give it to me, I'll listen, but it can't be something where you're pretending to "read between the lines". 

He didn't say when he hoped to be traded. He could have easily be referring to 5 year from now.

Where has he said he didn't want to sign with us. I'm going to caps this part because this is what you will need if you want to convince me: GIVE ME AN EXACT QUOTE OF HIM SAYING THAT. And no, the quote you gave me does not have him saying that. I'm willing to listen if he actually has a quote.

So you think we didn't offer him a contract? 

As for reading between the lines you don't need to read between them. Just read them.

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I really hope this trade doesn't put too much pressure on the team to win now. 

One  could look at it as 'pressure' ,  conversely,  one could look at it as an ultimate sign of confidence/belief by management.  To each their own,  no?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Sounds like a guy who thinks getting traded (away from Vancouver) is cool. If he was disappointed in being traded that would say something too. But he pulled a Bo Horvat comment. He’s a nothing. He will not be a regular NHLer on a winning team. 

There's nothing wrong with the guy having been alright with being traded. The world does not revolve around the Canucks. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

So you think we didn't offer him a contract? 

As for reading between the lines you don't need to read between them. Just read them.

You really like pretend to read between lines with nothing in between them don't you. lol

I never said anything about a contract.

If you read the lines on what he said, you'd agree with me and wouldn't have to make crap up about him wanting to leave Vancouver.

Edited by The Lock

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

There's nothing wrong with the guy having been alright with being traded. The world does not revolve around the Canucks. 🙂

The hockey world sure does. F all those other teams, their cities, their fans, their players, and their prospects. HB is a loser. Don’t want his entitled attitude in our organization. He will be a Bustowitz. 

@Coryberg You overthink too much dude. If I need conspiracy theories you're one of the first people I'm contacting. Perhaps you should become a media conspiracy theorist for the NHL. lol

Let's agree to disagree on this, but know that morally and ethically I don't think it's right thinking things that were never said.

Edited by The Lock

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You really like pretend to read between lines with nothing in between them don't you. lol

I never said anything about a contract.

If you read the lines on what he said, you'd agree with me and wouldn't have to make crap up about him wanting to leave Vancouver.

The fact that he didn't want to sign a contract and the fact that he said that he was hoping to get traded aren't between the lines. It's painfully obvious.

Just now, Coryberg said:

The fact that he didn't want to sign a contract and the fact that he said that he was hoping to get traded aren't between the lines. It's painfully obvious.

Again, where does he specifically say he doesn't want to sign a contract?

Anyway, I'm going to point up to the post I made above yours.

54 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, I think HB helped solidify this trade and I wish him all the best in the Calgary system. I think he's a solid prospect.

So unless if he blatantly says "I didn't want to be a Canuck anyway" or something of the like (which he didn't), there's really zero reason to think beyond him being a good prospect for whatever team has him.

season 7 friends GIF

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

Maybe, but I'm hoping Pods sticks around. 

Agreed.  I think people are sleeping on Pods because he was put into a situation with the former regime that didn't support his development and it was perceivedhe to a step back,  or laterally at best.  When his development is taken down the right path,  he'll become a very complete player and the kind of player we currently don't have in the system (other than him) imo.  He projects to be an ultra-competitive pit-bull with above average hockey IQ, size and skill level  -  who do we currently have in the entire organization with these traits below the age of 23?

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

He didn't say either thing.... fake news

Edited by DeltaSwede