[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Anyway, for everyone's sake here. I'm backing off of this conversation. He's clearly bringing me down to his level which is unfair to everyone else who wants to have an actual sensible discussion.

Looking forward to seeing what Lindholm brings to the team and can't wait until the next game.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

I see it not as pressure but as a reward and a vote of confidence that we are now a contender and management will do what they can to support their winning ways. Its the right thing to do. They are not delicate flowers that wilt in bright light or they shouldn’t be in the NHL. FFS they went into MSG in front of a hostile, rowdy crowd and spanked them.

Well said… they wanna step up and take it…

this is a team who wants to win….

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

That does make sense.  Glad PA/JR acted early.  Makes no sense to wait until the TDL if u know the guy u want.

Exactly,  the only things that could happen if you wait are typically negative like injury,  trade to another team, price goes up, ect....

54 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Anyway, for everyone's sake here. I'm backing off of this conversation. He's clearly bringing me down to his level which is unfair to everyone else who wants to have an actual sensible discussion.

Looking forward to seeing what Lindholm brings to the team and can't wait until the next game.

That is smart decision.Just puzzle me why so much hoopla for nobody.At best b prospect

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Maybe he's just chill with the fact that he's doing well in the OHL and has prospects of being in the NHL. He doesn't really have a need to be completely attached to one team or another at this point. Maybe he just likes being part of an NHL organization and doesn't look too much beyond that at this point, which I think's a perfectly valid way of looking at things.

Seems like there's too much of trying to "read between the lines" and looking for a reason to let him go mentally even when that shouldn't be needed. Either way, it doesn't seem fair to HB in my opinion.

Thats ok, we can disagree.

13 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Amazing amount of willful ignorance in this thread: "Just because he said he thought it would be really cool to be traded doesn't mean that he wanted to be traded."

Migod. Actually, it does.

I know only two things about him: 1) I read somewhere (a few months ago) that he declined to sign a contract right away; and 2) he liked the idea of being traded. I was bummed that he was traded, glad we kept our top 3 (Willander, Petey-2, and Lekkermaki) but now after reading point #2, management traded a potentially disgruntled or narcissistic/entitled prospect. To paraphrase Alfives, I hope he’s a busteroo.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

@stawns @The Lock

Why can't you or stawns just answer a yes or no question?

Do you think that the Canucks didn't offer Brzustewicz a contract?

I feel like I'm in court and you 2 are pleading the 5th because it blows your narrative out of the water.  Yes or No.

Geez, who cares, who knows. Do you?

I personally have no clue if they offered him a contract. Teams do and don't offer contracts at all different times for a variety of reasons. Do you actually have any reason or indication they did, besides wanting there to be an excuse for trading him?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I personally have no clue if they offered him a contract. Teams do and don't offer contracts at all different times for a variety of reasons. Do you actually have any reason or indication they did, besides wanting there to be an excuse for trading him?

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

‘There was buzz a couple months ago that the Canucks were having some difficulty in signing him. This seems to suggest that he asked to be sent elsewhere.” From Reddit. Don’t know if its true or not, but fuck him now.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

‘There was buzz a couple months ago that the Canucks were having some difficulty in signing him. This seems to suggest that he asked to be sent elsewhere.” From Reddit. Don’t know if its true or not, but fuck him now.

lol, yeah I have been unsure if his game will translate for awhile now. You're right, who cares now. Still not seeing an actual source that he turned down a contract offer though, but whatever.

Ah I see Greg the Great said it on reddit. One of the more solid sources out there. 

Edited by Gawdzukes

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dowd? Aye caramba.

Exactly. Considering Kuzmenko has the extra year at 5.5 what would it have cost us to offload him in the summer? I’m thinking it costs a first. Considering that and now the Dowd price and we pretty much got Lindholm for a lot less than it could have been. Calgary must really like Bustowitz. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly. Considering Kuzmenko has the extra year at 5.5 what would it have cost us to offload him in the summer? I’m thinking it costs a first. Considering that and now the Dowd price and we pretty much got Lindholm for a lot less than it could have been. Calgary must really like Bustowitz. 

Kuzy banana is a fun character, I hope he gets traded to Washington.

The more I consider the value - to us - of what we moved I'm thrilled.

• Cheers 3

56 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The reason they did? They offered a contract to sawyer mynio who was drafted 14 spots after him, they offered a contract to ty young who isn't projecting be anything more than an ahl backup, at the same time dahliwal said they were trying to get brzustewicz signed... then nothing.

Even is they hadn't offered him a deal by then (why wouldn't they offer the better prospect a deal) they certainly would have over the past 3 months while he lead the OHL in scoring. JR and PA are not idiots, to think that they wouldn't offer one of their top 5 prospects a contract is ridiculous at best. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seravelli suggesting Nick Dowd might return a first. Holy craperolla! Thank goodness Allvin jumped early to get Lindholm. 

I have a feeling he’s joking based on the price for Monahan.

No one could believe that. Guys worth a 3rd or 4th at the deadline.

9 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

The reason they did? They offered a contract to sawyer mynio who was drafted 14 spots after him, they offered a contract to ty young who isn't projecting be anything more than an ahl backup, at the same time dahliwal said they were trying to get brzustewicz signed... then nothing.

Even is they hadn't offered him a deal by then (why wouldn't they offer the better prospect a deal) they certainly would have over the past 3 months while he lead the OHL in scoring. JR and PA are not idiots, to think that they wouldn't offer one of their top 5 prospects a contract is ridiculous at best. 

Well I'm not 100% but aren't some players offered contracts, and some aren't right away, even if they're quite good? There are a lot of factors involved like time until they turn pro, age, intentions, league they're in, etc.?

Funny thing I don't recall hearing anything when this was supposed to have happened.

Edited by Gawdzukes

On 2/2/2024 at 12:38 PM, Gawdzukes said:

Knows how fast the player was skating but has no interest where, who he was up against, where anyone else was on the ice, what kind of shot it was, who was defending and how, or what transpired to lead up to the play.

Why on earth is he/she here commenting on a hockey forum?

Chris Pratt Reaction GIF by sahlooter

Sounds like they would be better served trading stocks or something.

I wonder if there's a top recorded speed metric. Maybe a hustle per shift %