[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I have a feeling he’s joking based on the price for Monahan.

No one could believe that. Guys worth a 3rd or 4th at the deadline.

Monnohands got a first and a third. Which guy between him and Dowd will better suited to help his club win playoff games? Maybe the Oilers go for Dowd to play the hardest minutes on PK and D zone draws? 

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I did, yrs.  A cerebellum stroke on both sides.  I'm pretty functional though, speech is my biggest issue.  It was quite a incident 

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you're doing alright.

• Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well I'm not 100% but aren't some players offered contracts, and some aren't right away, even if they're quite good? There are a lot of factors involved like time until they turn pro, age, intentions, league they're in, etc.?

Funny thing I don't recall hearing anything when this was supposed to have happened.

Yeah, wasn’t any buzz around it - and for a prospect getting that kind of hype we’d have heard something if he was legitimately not going to sign here. 

If he holds out from Calgary maybe I’ll buy this was a real factor in moving him but as it stands this is just a yarn fans who fall too hard for our prospects are using to cope with his trade. 

Just now, The Duke said:

Yeah, wasn’t any buzz around it - and for a prospect getting that kind of hype we’d have heard something if he was legitimately not going to sign here. 

If he holds out from Calgary maybe I’ll buy this was a real factor in moving him but as it stands this is just a yarn fans who fall too hard for our prospects are using to cope with his trade. 

No need to cope. We got a great player and all it cost was a pile of beans. HB is not an NHLer. Too small, too slow, and unwilling to play the right way. We gave up nothing in this trade. It would have cost us at least a first just to off load Kuz Missile’s contract. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh shoot stawns. My sincerest wishes for the fullest of recovery. Must have been pretty intense and shocking. Stay positive and keep strong my friend. Thoughts are with you.

Done a lot of psychedelics in my life, but nothing like that

• Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Yeah, there would have been 100 pages on it.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, The Duke said:

https://www.canucksdaily.com/LATEST-Canucks-make-an-announcement-regarding-Hunter-Brzustewicz-264329

According to this site, HB was offered an ELC but as of Aug 2023 he had yet to sign it. I didn't see anywhere that he signed it afterwards. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

https://www.canucksdaily.com/LATEST-Canucks-make-an-announcement-regarding-Hunter-Brzustewicz-264329

According to this site, HB was offered an ELC but as of Aug 2023 he had yet to sign it. I didn't see anywhere that he signed it afterwards. 

“Brzustewicz has yet to sign his entry-level deal; it's fair to assume, however, that it may come during the team's training camp, depending on how well he does.”

I read that as, he wasn’t offered one.  “Depending on how well he does” hints that he had yet to earn it. 

I was looking it up and CHL players don’t get their salaries but do get their signing bonuses and maybe 10k or something.  

So who knows - maybe he was quibbling over trying to get a few bucks.  In the long run, he’s leaving money on the table not signing right away but he could always do it later and it still burns this season as far as I know. 

As I said before, I’d be fairly surprised if he signs with Calgary that he wouldn’t have done so here.  

He’s got a long way to go before he needs to be concerned with jockeying with Hughes for PP time - and we actually don’t have anyone in the AHL or prospect pool blocking his development in the minors.  Willander likely plays college and jumps right to NHL - and he’s not a high profile PP guy anyways. 

Still seems pretty unlikely that’s the reason we moved him.  He’s just the high profile enough, yet expendable piece that gets the deal done.

IMO of course.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, The Duke said:

As I said before, I’d be fairly surprised if he signs with Calgary that he wouldn’t have done so here.  

opportunity. Quinn Hughes is here. 

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

So much can happen between now and the end of the season. I get all the questions regarding who to sign and who to let go, but a lot of scenarios can happen between now and when this stuff actually matters.

Totally 

we might worry about too many UFAs but PA has said repeatedly that he sees it as having cap flexibility 

bruster will likely just sign with an American team 

Apologies if this or something similar was already posted, I haven't read every single page. Came across this,

image.thumb.jpeg.1aafa0cc9e5342d14bc064c88dffecaa.jpeg

The interesting bit is that this is a down year for Elias L according to the stats gurus, which bodes very well should he pick up his game. If EL also elevates Petey's even further that it is already well, now that would be damn fine ...!!!!

Including this year, EL is ahead of JT on goals and not that far of JT or the Alien in points. Be interesting to see other metrics as a comparison for the three across the same time period, a project for another day. 

Moral - it appears EL is a pretty good player and the Canucks now have several legitimate centers for the Top 6 to play bingo balls with depending on what Tocchet wants to do. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yikes, I bet. I have dabbled my fair share as well.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yikes, I bet. I have dabbled my fair share as well.

I didn't even go to the hospital, just rode it out like a bad trip.  Went to the ER 4 days later when I was stronger

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Tank 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

I didn't even go to the hospital, just rode it out like a bad trip.  Went to the ER 4 days later when I was stronger

Holy, you are one tough hombre.

Edited by Gawdzukes