[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

12 hours ago, JayDangles said:

There's also a demographic of fans that cruise this board (and old cdc) but never create a username and contribute.

I've been a fan since the mid 90's. I started reading cdc on the daily back in maybe 2008? 2009?, But didn't start posting really until 2015. So I'm guessing there are lots of fans who read a lot of what we write but dont contribute.

I'm definitely in a similar camp. I read the forums daily since around 2009 but didn't make an account until 2013 and didn't post more regularly until much later.

• Cheers 1

I was noticing girls in my pubescent youth when the Canucks expanded into the NHL. So yea. I'm an oldster. I was into the Canucks on and off  (Chasing girls and being a stoner!) and pretty much not at all in the 80s. (Chasing a career, as it were.)

I got into 'em in totality during the 1989 seven game playoff series vs the Flames. What a series. Been a passionate fan ever since.

I discovered CDC through a buddy in 2009. I joined up pretty much right away under the guise of NexusRift. But for some reason after some glitch with CDC doing some work on the forum, I lost my account and couldn't sign in. I left for a few months and visited as a guest. I missed the CDC community too much so I joined up again under my present guise of Sativika. And now I'm here in CFF. 

I'm using an eight year old iMac 27 desktop. Yes. A desktop computer. Typing with the 2 or 3 finger style of point and peck. My cell phone is an iPhone 6 and I don't use apps. 

But with all that. I remain a lover of the Vancouver Canucks and yes....................I do want them to win a Stanley Cup before I die!

Cheers.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Clearly the time at the All Star Weekend helped the bonding between  Lindy and the Core Canucks. 

That’s going to pay dividends. 

I think the main focus for Lindholm going forward is to get used to the tactics/systems as fast as he can.  He has a playstyle that should fit into Tocchet's system perfectly, and I think that's why Vancouver went after him so hard.  I am not expecting him to exclusively score tip-in goals, as I think he'll eventually find a way to get more involved in the play as he gets more comfortable.  As for now, being a net presence is an incredibly simple and straightforward tactic and that'll be a good thing to lean on when things aren't clicking later on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

I think the main focus for Lindholm going forward is to get used to the tactics/systems as fast as he can.  He has a playstyle that should fit into Tocchet's system perfectly, and I think that's why Vancouver went after him so hard.  I am not expecting him to exclusively score tip-in goals, as I think he'll eventually find a way to get more involved in the play as he gets more comfortable.  As for now, being a net presence is an incredibly simple and straightforward tactic and that'll be a good thing to lean on when things aren't clicking later on.

The bumper spot was the only spot that needed upgrading on the PP.  We got our guy for that now.  Even better than Horvat IMO.  Lindholm basically is like adding a Horvat on steriods.  Better at defence, faceoffs, bumper spot, penalty killing and can play either centre or wing.  We basically added a Ryan Kesler to an already powerhouse team...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The bumper spot was the only spot that needed upgrading on the PP.  We got our guy for that now.  Even better than Horvat IMO.  Lindholm basically is like adding a Horvat on steriods.  Better at defence, faceoffs, bumper spot, penalty killing and can play either centre or wing.  We basically added a Ryan Kesler to an already powerhouse team...

Didn't get to watch the game, but I saw the extended highlights.  On the 1-3-1 he seems to float back and forth between the bumper and the net presence, with pretty much any other forward (not #43) interchanging.  Lindholm doesn't look entirely comfortable out there (understandably), which makes it impressive how much of an impact he's had already.  He's barely gotten involved in set plays and yet he's already making a solid PP look even better.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lindholm looked terrific last night. I thought the score flattered the Canes somewhat even tho they got their chances.  Let's not forget Boeser in this new PP1. RT now has 3 forwards in Boeser, Lindholm and Miller that can crowd the net or drop back and t-off shots. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

48 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Lindholm looked terrific last night. I thought the score flattered the Canes somewhat even tho they got their chances.  Let's not forget Boeser in this new PP1. RT now has 3 forwards in Boeser, Lindholm and Miller that can crowd the net or drop back and t-off shots. 

Lindholm looked fantastic, but I honestly think yesterday's game was as evenly played as it could get up until their goalie had a mental break that led to Miller's goal.  The Canes are a top level team and it made sense the game was only a 3-2 score.

Bruins will be a really good test.  You know they're gonna be pissed after losing to the Flames in that fashion.  I predict another really tight checking affair.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lindholm looked fantastic, but I honestly think yesterday's game was as evenly played as it could get up until their goalie had a mental break that led to Miller's goal.  The Canes are a top level team and it made sense the game was only a 3-2 score.

Bruins will be a really good test.  You know they're gonna be pissed after losing to the Flames in that fashion.  I predict another really tight checking affair.

I actually believe Tocchet wants to make a statement against the Bruins due to both the past and what’s coming.

I think we will play hard and take no prisoners against them just to make them humble.

• Like 1

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-canucks-coveted-chris-tanev-in-lindholm-trade-flames-wanted-another-1st

This article came out 6 days ago but I’m in Mexico and missed it. We wanted Lindholm and Tanev but the Flames wanted another first round pick. Love Tanev the warrior but that’s too steep a price. This road trip should tell management whether we need more or we’re ready to roll with what we have. If we make the western final, we don’t have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd this year; hate to lose next year’s 1st as well for possibly a rental. Ya, I want to see a cup before I die and I'm older than most of you, but I also want a sustainably good team. GCG and beat the team I hate the most.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why isn't Juulson getting more love? He's been playing great and holding down that 6/7 spot admirably. If we don't end up trading for more depth we still have him as a great option.

Juulsen has been amazing, but you can never go wrong with more depth, especially in a deep playoff run. 

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why isn't Juulson getting more love? He's been playing great and holding down that 6/7 spot admirably. If we don't end up trading for more depth we still have him as a great option.

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

Juulsen has been amazing, but you can never go wrong with more depth, especially in a deep playoff run. 

As Dom said, Juulsen has been amazing.  I just think it'd be REALLY good to have 8 capable NHL defenders because the playoffs is such a war.  We're almost guaranteed to lose 1 or 2 defenders to injury as most teams do.  If Juulsen is our #8, we are in incredible shape. 

I also like the fact we have a logjam of centres too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

The Miller goal seems indicative of what we do all the time - forecheck with numbers and force turnovers in the opponent's zone.  Watch that goal again - you have three Canucks beating the defenders to the puck, and they're just swarmed in front of Kochetkov.  The goalie did not expect it.  The defencemen did not expect it.  

The Canucks have been burning opponents like this all year long:

Screenshot_20240207_081041_YouTube.thumb.jpg.15c97e6a33795474f00643b03a2461c0.jpg

• Vintage 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

The Miller goal seems indicative of what we do all the time - forecheck with numbers and force turnovers in the opponent's zone.  Watch that goal again - you have three Canucks beating the defenders to the puck, and they're just swarmed in front of Kochetkov.  The goalie did not expect it.  The defencemen did not expect it.  

The Canucks have been burning opponents like this all year long:

Screenshot_20240207_081041_YouTube.thumb.jpg.15c97e6a33795474f00643b03a2461c0.jpg

And I love it. 

But I'm guessing in the playoffs a team will adjust to this and see the need for quicker puck movement by the defencemen (and goalie) to spring odd man rushes the other way.  Easier said than done, but that'd be the counter I would think.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And I love it. 

But I'm guessing in the playoffs a team will adjust to this and see the need for quicker puck movement by the defencemen (and goalie) to spring odd man rushes the other way.  Easier said than done, but that'd be the counter I would think.

That's what a top-tier 2-1-2 forecheck looks like.  We have the skilled forwards needed to not only steal the puck away, but to also pass it back into the slot without creating a massive turnover.

We saw Conor Garland cooking all night long this way, stealing the puck and creating golden chances up front.

Watch the middle part of the first video that covers our forechecking style.  There’s a reason it has been working all year long.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Cheers 1

So hearing the Flames post game coverage in Sportsnet and it seems they are happy with Kuzmenko especially his chemistry with Huberdeau. Maybe Kuzmenko is the key in getting Huberdeau back on track ?

• Cheers 1

Tanev for 2025 2nd and Hirose 

If someone is offering a first the trade would have happened already. But a first for a 34 yr old defensive d man who is not physical and who has had frequent injuries ...is not reaonable a 2nd and a prospect is the higher end... Hirose is from Calgary 

Cole, Myers playing more than Zads, Zads is the 5th d man when Soucy is not in the lineup .... does not bode well for him to get a big pay day but we will see how his play translates into the playoffs. Myers has had a soft resurgence in terms of reliability.  The only thing Zads has going for him is size and age ... but Juulsen is coming on too... and we have D Petey cooking... I could see Cole and Myers being resigned at lower cap hits for 2 yrs.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

And I love it. 

this team just seems to keep adjusting its level as necessary to be better than its opponents.

I have no concern that between the coaching staff behind the bench and quinn hughes on the ice, this group can adapt to whatever any opponent wants to throw at them. 

32 minutes ago, tas said:

this team just seems to keep adjusting its level as necessary to be better than its opponents.

I have no concern that between the coaching staff behind the bench and quinn hughes on the ice, this group can adapt to whatever any opponent wants to throw at them. 

It's that adaptability that has me grinning ear to ear about their potential in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Actually last night he was 5th in toi by Dmen. Beat Zadorov by 11 seconds 😜

Edited by Coryberg
  • Vintage 1