[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Garland does not fit in our top 6. He drives the 3rd line, precisely because he needs/has the puck. Same goes for guys like Miller and Petey. You can't have 2 guys on a line that both need the puck to be successful.

IMO, as good as that line's been, and as good as Garland is, his near $5m cap hit is a luxury we can't afford on our 3rd line next year. Certainly not at the expense of a better top 6 / top 4.

That isn't from me, that is from Tocc. He just mentioned in one of his media scrims that he has played with the idea of moving Garland up the line up. Tocc loves him so could see Mgmt holding on to him and looking to add low cost value around him.

22 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

That isn't from me, that is from Tocc. He just mentioned in one of his media scrims that he has played with the idea of moving Garland up the line up. Tocc loves him so could see Mgmt holding on to him and looking to add low cost value around him.

Again, why wouldn't anyone love him? He's a spark plug player that's driving our 3rd line to impressive performance. "Played with the idea"...sure. I suppose like with Horvat, Garland could potentially match well with Lindholm as the guy with the puck/play driver on that line, and allow us to put the lotto line together... It's at least an option that wasn't there before though. But if it doesn't work and/or we prefer to keep Petey/Lindholm together, I maintain he's a $5m luxury we can't afford on our 3rd line next year.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Again, why wouldn't anyone love him? He's a spark plug player that's driving our 3rd line to impressive performance. "Played with the idea"...sure. I suppose like with Horvat, Garland could potentially match well with Lindholm as the guy with the puck/play driver on that line, and allow us to put the lotto line together... It's at least an option that wasn't there before though. But if it doesn't work and/or we prefer to keep Petey/Lindholm together, I maintain he's a $5m luxury we can't afford on our 3rd line next year.

Would you be fine with Mik being moved out and keeping Garland or if you had to choose would you prefer Garland be the guy moved and we keep Mik? 

Just now, Bobby James said:

Would you be fine with Mik being moved out and keeping Garland or if you had to choose would you prefer Garland be the guy moved and we keep Mik? 

If Garland can't/won't fit in our top 6, we're better off keeping Mik who does (and will also be back to full health after knee surgery by next year).

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Our rat against Boston rat

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Any ways, as I wrote in my original post, it will be interesting to see how mgmt views him. They have shown an ability to be creative so I don't think it is as cut and dry as you make it out to be. I am good either way, as long as the team is better.

Im starting to think if management pulled the plug too early on this trade considering how much Canucks gave up. 

I don't mind trading away Kuzmenko (he was never going to gel with Tocchet) but, after the last game, I am having doubts whether the team should have went all in. 

20 hours ago, aGENT said:

If Garland can't/won't fit in our top 6, we're better off keeping Mik who does (and will also be back to full health after knee surgery by next year).

Garland > Mikheyev

Our 3rd line is huge. Why would we break that up?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Garland > Mikheyev

Our 3rd line is huge. Why would we break that up?

There's a good chance it'll be broken up anyway

The cost of individual and team success is guys wanting raises

Joshua and Blueger are both due for handsome raises, there's a solid chance only one or none of that third line is baco next season given the raises Pettersson, Hronek, and Lindholm should command 

Plus, several UFA D who'll need to be replaced or retained, all of whom could get solid raises (or closer to their current deal in Myers's case) given the weaker upcoming UFA pool for D

More than likely the Canucks will need to make savvy moves, hard choices, and promote from within

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Im starting to think if management pulled the plug too early on this trade considering how much Canucks gave up. 

I don't mind trading away Kuzmenko (he was never going to gel with Tocchet) but, after the last game, I am having doubts whether the team should have went all in. 

If you aren't worried about losing Kuzmenko what are you having doubts about?

-a 27+ draft pick in a draft that falls off before 20?

-Brzustewicz who needs to work on his skating, defensive awareness, refused to sign with us and was hoping to be traded?

Oh I know what keeps you up at night...

-That ever so valuable 4th round pick

AND drumroll please.....

-Joni  Jurmo 🤣

• Vintage 3

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Joshua and Blueger are both due for handsome raises, there's a solid chance only one or none of that third line is baco next season given the raises Pettersson, Hronek, and Lindholm should command 

Plus, several UFA D who'll need to be replaced or retained, all of whom could get solid raises (or closer to their current deal in Myers's case) given the weaker upcoming UFA pool for D

More than likely the Canucks will need to make savvy moves, hard choices, and promote from within

I would be fine with podz and suter taking over for josh and blue on the 3rd line if it meant keeping Lindholm.

58 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I would be fine with podz and suter taking over for josh and blue on the 3rd line if it meant keeping Lindholm.

I think we're gonna have to see what players like Podz and Raty can do

The turnover of quality players comes with being a successful team

Folks should probably embrace that

• Cheers 1

6 years, 8mil per. Match Miller's contract. Assuming he gels with Miller. Which sounds like is the route they want to take. Or are at least experimenting with. Miller/Lindholm/Boeser is our version of the Perfection Line. Can score, can defend, is hard nosed.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I don’t think we’re re-signing Lindholm tbh. Management’s going all-in this year.

Re-signing Lindholm would mean giving up Joshua + Blueger (essentially sacrificing our entire third line) or not re-signing one of Pettersson or Hronek. 

23 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

I don’t think we’re re-signing Lindholm tbh. Management’s going all-in this year.

Re-signing Lindholm would mean giving up Joshua + Blueger (essentially sacrificing our entire third line) or not re-signing one of Pettersson or Hronek. 

Nope 

Move garland and milkeyev

jishua gets 3 mull x 4 yrs 

bluegger 2.5x 3 yrs 

12 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I feel like basing that feeling off of one game (as much as it sucked) might be a bit quick. If this was a series of poorly played games, then maybe. This team has proven to us that it's special all year long, and management can definitely see that too.

Believe in the team that's shown up all year long. Getting a feeling they'll show us just this tomorrow morning in Detroit.

15 hours ago, iinatcc said:

So you are judging the trade based on one game?

3 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Nope 

Move garland and milkeyev

jishua gets 3 mull x 4 yrs 

bluegger 2.5x 3 yrs 

We don’t need Blueger because we have a ready made replacement in Suter who was actually our 3C before he got hurt.  He’s already signed for another year at only $1.6 million.  I agree about Joshua.  I think he gets $3 million on a 3-4 year deal and I would keep him as he’s our only power forward.  As for Garland, I can see either Höglander or Podkolzin take his spot on the 3rd line.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We don’t need Blueger because we have a ready made replacement in Suter who was actually our 3C before he got hurt.  He’s already signed for another year at only $1.6 million.  I agree about Joshua.  I think he gets $3 million on a 3-4 year deal and I would keep him as he’s our only power forward.  As for Garland, I can see either Höglander or Podkolzin take his spot on the 3rd line.

Garland will be gone in the off season... He's value is at an all time high just now, and while we were talking about sweeteners to get rid of him last summer, we may actually get something in return now...

Decisions needs to be made over the summer. Not just for next year, but for the next 3 years to cover serious raises and Cap penalties... Mika likely gone as well and Bluegar as well. 

Myers and/or Cole likely as well, especially with Juulsen showing he can play 3rd pairing minutes...

The best part is, due to the great play of the boys this year, it likely won't have to cost us picks or prospects to trim the squad... win/win

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So you are judging the trade based on one game?

I am judging the justification of this trade. If the Canucks were a true contender or a very good team that just needed that one piece to compete with the best teams then the trade is great.

It's not just this game it's the losses to Colorado and Vegas. Lindholm was supposed to help the team compete against the best (as the team is on Cup or Bust mode). But, based on the Boston game, there was no noticeable improvement and just as flat playing against true cup contenders.  

23 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I am judging the justification of this trade. If the Canucks were a true contender or a very good team that just needed that one piece to compete with the best teams then the trade is great.

It's not just this game it's the losses to Colorado and Vegas. Lindholm was supposed to help the team compete against the best (as the team is on Cup or Bust mode). But, based on the Boston game, there was no noticeable improvement and just as flat playing against true cup contenders.  

So you are basing your perspective on one game then. 
It’s clear we literally gave up nothing to acquire Lindhom. Kuz was a cap dumperoo that cost our first and third in sugar. He was a negative in any trade. As for the two prospects? Bustowitz’s name speaks loudly what he is. And that Jurmo guy is a tough head. 
So what exactly did we give up? Nothing. We got a top line right shot centre with Selke skills and smarts while dumping a problem and his 5.5 cap hit for next season. Great trade by a great GM for a Great team. 

• Cheers 2