[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

18 hours ago, Coryberg said:

I would be fine with podz and suter taking over for josh and blue on the 3rd line if it meant keeping Lindholm.

I love Bluegger but he was a part time player for VGK last year …

joshua has had an impact but with his motivation issues I wonder if he signs a big contract like greenway and then just falls off the map 

the challenge for pro scouts is to find guys who fit with the team but are hungry 

I’m sure there are UFAs that will be out there this summer that PA and JR really like 

On 650 yesterday they were talking about how JR/PA were trying to trade with cslgary in the offseason to get Lindy…

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you are basing your perspective on one game then. 
It’s clear we literally gave up nothing to acquire Lindhom. Kuz was a cap dumperoo that cost our first and third in sugar. He was a negative in any trade. As for the two prospects? Bustowitz’s name speaks loudly what he is. And that Jurmo guy is a tough head. 
So what exactly did we give up? Nothing. We got a top line right shot centre with Selke skills and smarts while dumping a problem and his 5.5 cap hit for next season. Great trade by a great GM for a Great team. 

A lot of people here were excited for him when he was still part of the Canucks prospect. Including this person here ...

So out of curiosity what changed from December calling him brilliant to a "nothing asset"? 

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

A lot of people here were excited for him when he was still part of the Canucks prospect. Including this person here ...

So out of curiosity what changed from December calling him brilliant to a "nothing asset"? 

Bustowitz isn’t ours anymore. Why pull for other teams’ prospects? 
The Smelly Cowpies have a rookie GM who got taken to the woodshed, bent over, and given a good old fashioned whoop ass walloping. 
Kuz Missile was a cap dumperoo. To move his contract cost the first and the third. So we literally gave up nothing. Them’s the facts. 
Bow 🙇 to the Empties. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

So you are basing your perspective on one game then. 
It’s clear we literally gave up nothing to acquire Lindhom. Kuz was a cap dumperoo that cost our first and third in sugar. He was a negative in any trade. As for the two prospects? Bustowitz’s name speaks loudly what he is. And that Jurmo guy is a tough head. 
So what exactly did we give up? Nothing. We got a top line right shot centre with Selke skills and smarts while dumping a problem and his 5.5 cap hit for next season. Great trade by a great GM for a Great team. 

Exactly, and if he gets too expensive to re-sign in the offseason, or they feel he doesn't fit, they can let him go without having to wheel and deal for him... Its a brilliant trade... 

Most of the disappointment was probably the fact, we won't get see Kuz smiling face while eating bananas and drinking Pepsi...

Its only the 1st that hurts ( and hopefully it'll be so late, it doesn't really matter, except for boredom on draft day)...

Hunter leaving was also disappointing, but hearing they'd struggle to sign him made the pain go away quicker than 2 paracetamols....

On the + side, if Lindholm works out and we can sign him without breaking the bank we'll have 2 top line players signed long time, with Petey probably next... That would be good for the future.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Smelly Cowpies have a rookie GM who got taken to the woodshed, bent over, and given a good old fashioned whoop ass walloping. 
Kuz Missile was a cap dumperoo. To move his contract cost the first and the third. So we literally gave up nothing. Them’s the facts. 
Bow 🙇 to the Empties. 

Take off your Rose colored glasses.... Kuz could have easily fetched us a first last year. Having to dump him for a 1st and 3rd (your words) is horrible asset management at best.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Guntrix said:

I don’t think we’re re-signing Lindholm tbh. Management’s going all-in this year.

Re-signing Lindholm would mean giving up Joshua + Blueger (essentially sacrificing our entire third line) or not re-signing one of Pettersson or Hronek. 

I don't have an issue with giving up Blueger and Joshua, the best thing about them is they're outpacing their pay. Once they aren't the value won't be as good.

Retain Lindholm and Suter slots into 3C. Joshua isn't replaced, but an internal promotion or cheaper UFA fills that slot. Hard to keep everyone under a cap, and sooner or later wr need to see what Podz, Raty, Bains, ect can do.

We've been uncharacteristically healthy this season, which means we've seen less of these guys in the bigs than we would have in years past.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Take off your Rose colored glasses.... Kuz could have easily fetched us a first last year. Having to dump him for a 1st and 3rd (your words) is horrible asset management at best.

@Alflivesglasses are clearly scotch coloured. More of an amber than rose. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Best in the league says otherwise. Smelly Cowpies got worked. 

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I am judging the justification of this trade. If the Canucks were a true contender or a very good team that just needed that one piece to compete with the best teams then the trade is great.

It's not just this game it's the losses to Colorado and Vegas. Lindholm was supposed to help the team compete against the best (as the team is on Cup or Bust mode). But, based on the Boston game, there was no noticeable improvement and just as flat playing against true cup contenders.  

Again, you are basing your analysis on one game, correct?

The Canucks are currently the #1 team in the league in the standings.  Do you watch other teams play?  Boston also put up a stinker right before they played the Canucks.  Vegas and Colorado have lost to the worst teams in the league.  So it’s not just the Canucks who have stinker games once in awhile…

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, canucks curse said:

I love Bluegger but he was a part time player for VGK last year …

joshua has had an impact but with his motivation issues I wonder if he signs a big contract like greenway and then just falls off the map 

the challenge for pro scouts is to find guys who fit with the team but are hungry 

I’m sure there are UFAs that will be out there this summer that PA and JR really like 

On 650 yesterday they were talking about how JR/PA were trying to trade with cslgary in the offseason to get Lindy…

Yep they found, blueger, Joshua, Suter, and Cole at bargain deals. I have faith they can find some more gems. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I am judging the justification of this trade. If the Canucks were a true contender or a very good team that just needed that one piece to compete with the best teams then the trade is great.

It's not just this game it's the losses to Colorado and Vegas. Lindholm was supposed to help the team compete against the best (as the team is on Cup or Bust mode). But, based on the Boston game, there was no noticeable improvement and just as flat playing against true cup contenders.  

Yup complete write off second game with a new team on the road in Boston where the team historically struggles. Pettersson was absolute dogshit, but it was Lindholm's fault clearly.... 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Again, you are basing your analysis on one game, correct?

The Canucks are currently the #1 team in the league in the standings.  Do you watch other teams play?  Boston also put up a stinker right before they played the Canucks.  Vegas and Colorado have lost to the worst teams in the league.  So it’s not just the Canucks who have stinker games once in awhile…

Well 2 games now 🥲

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yup complete write off second game with a new team on the road in Boston where the team historically struggles. Pettersson was absolute dogshit, but it was Lindholm's fault clearly.... 

I don't mind Lindholm I'm sure he makes the team better (hopefully) my question is more if this trade was worth it for the team.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

But there's no reason to turn a 180 on him even if you are fine with the trade. Why praise a player one day only to call him a bust after her gets traded?

It feels mean spirited and kind of insulting to the prospect. You could at least admit he was a good asset the Canucks surrendered. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

But there's no reason to turn a 180 on him even if you are fine with the trade. Why praise a player one day only to call him a bust after her gets traded?

It feels mean spirited and kind of insulting to the prospect. You could at least admit he was a good asset the Canucks surrendered. 

Heh, you kidding me?  On this forum?  The day before he was traded he was an electrifying prospect of ours with tons of potential.  Now he's a Tyson Barrie type player who can't defend worth anything.

Some people here are just incredibly stupid.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I don't mind Lindholm I'm sure he makes the team better (hopefully) my question is more if this trade was worth it for the team.

Can’t keep passing on improving the team for fear of it not working out, especially in a season like this. It’s been 3 games with little practice I think the team has earned more than less than a weeks worth of patience. 

7 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Yep they found, blueger, Joshua, Suter, and Cole at bargain deals. I have faith they can find some more gems. 

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I don't have an issue with giving up Blueger and Joshua, the best thing about them is they're outpacing their pay. Once they aren't the value won't be as good.

Well, we'll see what it takes to keep Joshua but I sure hope we keep him.  He has the knack of playing to that line but not crossing it which often gets us powerplays.  He's always noticeable in a good way.  He's 6'3" with speed and seems to be getting better, not worse.  His coach loves him.  He's worth a raise for sure but understand we can't give raises to everyone.  If Lindholm demands $8M/yr, I'll gladly see him move on and us keep guys like Joshua.  Team first.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Retain Lindholm and Suter slots into 3C. Joshua isn't replaced, but an internal promotion or cheaper UFA fills that slot. Hard to keep everyone under a cap, and sooner or later wr need to see what Podz, Raty, Bains, ect can do.

We've been uncharacteristically healthy this season, which means we've seen less of these guys in the bigs than we would have in years pas

I tend to agree, keep the play drivers and bargain hunt for the support pieces. DJ is doing amazing but how good is it if his salary is $3M instead $825K? And for multiple years.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Well, we'll see what it takes to keep Joshua but I sure hope we keep him.  He has the knack of playing to that line but not crossing it which often gets us powerplays.  He's always noticeable in a good way.  He's 6'3" with speed and seems to be getting better, not worse.  His coach loves him.  He's worth a raise for sure but understand we can't give raises to everyone.  If Lindholm demands $8M/yr, I'll gladly see him move on and us keep guys like Joshua.  Team first.

There is also the factor of Garland driving that line. Also that if Hughes and Hronek are your linemates half the time it can surely boost your offensive numbers.

He has definitely worked his but off but don't forget he was a Tocchet whipping boy in October.

If he wants 3+ I'll drive him to the airport.

On 1/29/2024 at 1:18 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. They targeted Zadorov so he will definitely stay on the team and will be a beast in the playoffs. 

I can see a Kuzmenko trade to Chicago. They need scoring badly to surround Bedard for next season and they won’t get it all just by signing UFA’s. they have tons of draft picks so can afford to give us their own 2nd round pick for this year. 

The Canucks then would have $5.5 million in cap space plus the second round pick to add to their 2024 1st round pick to go after Lindholm, Guentzel or Buchnevich. 

I think this is the plan. Buchnevich would be my first choice as he isn’t a pure rental and can play all 3 forward positions. 

how about Buchnevich fro Mikheyev plus a second..

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bow 🙇 to the Empties. 

I for one enjoy your attitude towards other teams prospects and players... its rather refreshing

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, Coryberg said:

There is also the factor of Garland driving that line. Also that if Hughes and Hronek are your linemates half the time it can surely boost your offensive numbers.

He has definitely worked his but off but don't forget he was a Tocchet whipping boy in October.

If he wants 3+ I'll drive him to the airport.

Was gonna say... Garland is the key to that 3rd line, then Joshua, then Blueger.  Earlier in the season Garland and Joshua had the same impact when Suter was in between them.  Tells me Blueger is likely expendable if he's asking too much.  Garland and Joshua should be keepers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1