[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

On 2/11/2024 at 6:23 AM, PeteyBOI said:

how about Buchnevich fro Mikheyev plus a second..

Blues are jockeying for a playoff spot (currently holding the 8th seed), Buchnevich is their second leading point producer, on a team that struggles offensively.

Makes no sense for them to move him.

Blues are 7-3 in their last 10.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Joshua is 2nd in the league in hits. We need to retain him he’s an all around great player 

but at what cost... Id say we need him at 2 million or less to stay cup contenders... so if he wants more then we are in a tough position... we have to remember the reason he gets alot of these points is because of Garland and our d-corps

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PeteyBOI said:

but at what cost... Id say we need him at 2 million or less to stay cup contenders... so if he wants more then we are in a tough position... we have to remember the reason he gets alot of these points is because of Garland and our d-corps

Joshua kills penalties and is also on the second unit PP.  He’s our only power forward. He’s more valuable than Garland. I’d easily pay $3 million to re-sign Joshua and trade Garland to make room. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua kills penalties and is also on the second unit PP.  He’s our only power forward. He’s more valuable than Garland. I’d easily pay $3 million to re-sign Joshua and trade Garland to make room. 

yes, now we are talking...

I think a good target could still be had perhaps we trade garland next off season and use him as hes such a good fit this year... next off season Isay we aquire Oskar sundqvist to replace garland... He plays 2nd PP and can replace garland there and he will be cheaper than garlands 5m price tag... so getting them both for under 6m would be the dream...

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Have to think Kirill Kudryavtsev factors into Mgmt's willingness to part with Hunter B in this deal.

i've watched them play as many times as I've pronounced or spelled their names right. 

let's just say I'll take your word for it. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Joshua is 2nd in the league in hits. We need to retain him he’s an all around great player 

I agree. But the main reason is that he's become such an effective penalty killer.

He's going to cost a lot though. I suspect close to $3M per.

16 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Disagree. Yes having a strong line mate in Garland helps, but Joshua has been, I'd argue, equally as important to that lines success. They both hold and hound the puck well, and whole Garland is often holding the puck and making the good pass, Joshua has his stick on the ice and fights for food position.

Joshua has been the dark horse of this team so far this year in the forward group.

Totally agree. Canucks have one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL and Joshua is a big reason why. Unfortunately Garland's CAP hit could mean he is gone. IMHO Joshua has to be resigned. I would love to see Bains on a line with him.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, PeteyBOI said:

The cost is important, and they may have to make trade offs...

This was always going to be the case.. Time will tell, how much they are prepared to pay, but he has a bit of Miller in him... Tough, hits, PKs and stand up for team mates. And while not scoring nearly at same rate, who knows if he can improve on that with even better line mates... I must admit, I been very impressed, by him showing silky mitts infant of goal a few times...

If they move on Garland, I could easily see him being on the 2nd line next season instead of Mika together with Lindholm.

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Totally agree. Canucks have one of the best 3rd lines in the NHL and Joshua is a big reason why. Unfortunately Garland's CAP hit could mean he is gone. IMHO Joshua has to be resigned. I would love to see Bains on a line with him.

I think they will let Bluegar walk and put Suter back on the third line and re-sign Joshua. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:00 AM, CanuckMan said:

While I love DK, he's probably priced himself out of Van

• Vintage 1

On 2/1/2024 at 6:19 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

If Mikheyev gets traded before Garland I will change my avatar to a Garland pic for 3 months. If Garland gets traded before Mikheyev then you need to put a Mikheyev avatar on your profile for 3 months. If neither get traded we don’t need to do anything. 

I haven't forgotten 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Meh, you shouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch. Be careful what you wish for. It may come back to haunt you. 

Haha, we shall see... I will keep my word if I lose the wager.

• chaos 1

I can't belive it.  JR and AV traded for big Z, a tough, physical, mean bastard who can skate.

They followed up trading for a complete, established two way top centerman who had 42 goals playing with Johnny hockey 3 years ago.

Now, he is going to play with his twin brother from another mother, Elias Hockey.

Don't care what the nay-sayers are saying.  Most of JR and AV trades are working out.

Lindholm has 4 goals and 1 assist in 6 games so far.  Wait until he gains more chemistry with EP.

Go Canucks GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, CurtFraser24 said:

I can't belive it.  JR and AV traded for big Z, a tough, physical, mean bastard who can skate.

They followed up trading for a complete, established two way top centerman who had 42 goals playing with Johnny hockey 3 years ago.

Now, he is going to play with his twin brother from another mother, Elias Hockey.

Don't care what the nay-sayers are saying.  Most of JR and AV trades are working out.

Lindholm has 4 goals and 1 assist in 6 games so far.  Wait until he gains more chemistry with EP.

Go Canucks GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PA/JR's pro scouting group is unbelievable.  If they keep hitting on their acquisitions, I don't see any reason why we won't be continuously a contender.

• Vintage 1