[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

He would've been cheaper to acquire. There'd also be more cap space. A lot more.

Monahan is doing better apparently with the Jets since being acquired. Weird how Lindholm is viewed by many as the better player, but hasn't really produced the way I think some have expected him to produce. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

He would've been cheaper to acquire. There'd also be more cap space. A lot more.

You are under the assumption that Montreal would take Kuzmenko's deal as part of a Monahan trade? The last time Montreal took 5+ million in underperforming cap they charged a 1st round pick (guess who that was).

I mean I was hoping for Casey Mittlestadt because like Pettersson you’d at least get him for one more season. Also wouldn’t cost 8 mill on an extension. I did like the pickup of Lindholm and am hoping for a turnaround but I’m still more so worried about not being able to retain the player and lose all the draft capital and prospects for half a season of a player.

7 hours ago, Coryberg said:

You are under the assumption that Montreal would take Kuzmenko's deal as part of a Monahan trade? The last time Montreal took 5+ million in underperforming cap they charged a 1st round pick (guess who that was).

This is true. I'm sure we'll never know, but you are probably right.

Ah it is Lindholms' turn!  I remember about a month (maybe 2?) after JR and PA were hired, people were calling it a mistake as well.  

A dog waiting for a treat has more patience than our fanbase sometimes does.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Canucks could win the stanley cup and people would still find something to complain about.

"Well this sucks, there's no way this team can top this stanley cup win.  No point watching anymore unless they get new players.  It makes sense to rebuild now."

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't surpise me at all to see Lindolm offered out there for a first. It hasn't been a fit so far. Recoup the first and maybe look elsewhere. Henrique looked way better than Lindholm last night. The guys pissing me off and seems off. Good defensively but c'mon he's's lost offensively. 

Dude is almost 60% in the faceoff dot. Which has also boosted Petey's faceoff percentage cause now he can just take faceoffs on his strong side. Since they are opposite handed. I am not ready to give up on Lindholm just yet. Horvat stunk up the joint in NY after he was traded. And now this year he has 52 points in 59 games. If management can add a true top 6 winger to that line, I can see them doing some damage. Kneejerk reaction would be trading him at this point.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Wouldn't surpise me at all to see Lindolm offered out there for a first. It hasn't been a fit so far. Recoup the first and maybe look elsewhere. Henrique looked way better than Lindholm last night. The guys pissing me off and seems off. Good defensively but c'mon he's's lost offensively. 

I don't get why Canucks "fans" are getting so worked up over Lindholm. He's only been with the team for 14 games, and even Tocchet has said he's liked what he's seen so far and believes Lindolm just needs some more time. 

Has he been great offensively? No not really. But he's not just good defensively he's quite good to great. Plus his faceoff percentage for us is 58% which makes him easily our best C in the dot. Management was clearly watching Lindholm well before the trade and traded for him because they believe he has what our team needs. It would make zero sense for them to suddenly turn around and trade him away after 14 games. 

Edited by ngoway

Yeah I don't think we should flip Lindholm. Keep him for the playoff run and hopefully he turns it around. 

I don't think the team should spend any more valuable resources (1st and 2nd round pick or any of our top prospects) on rentals. Grab some depth or upgrade on Mik if a good deal is there for a long term add, but can't spend the farm on 1 run. 

39 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I don't get why Canucks "fans" are getting so worked up over Lindholm. He's only been with the team for 14 games, and even Tocchet has said he's liked what he's seen so far and believes Lindolm just needs some more time. 

Has he been great offensively? No not really. But he's not just good defensively he's quite good to great. Plus his faceoff percentage for us is 58% which makes him easily our best C in the dot. Management was clearly watching Lindholm well before the trade and traded for him because they believe he has what our team needs. It would make zero sense for them to suddenly turn around and trade him away after 14 games. 

Defensive game and faceoffs are good. Zero sense? Can't agree. If a deal is there to recoup assets and a perceived better fit is available, do it. He's not a fit at all offensively. This team really needs a big, fast, smart power winger. Tough add though. 

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Defensive game and faceoffs are good. Zero sense? Can't agree. If a deal is there to recoup assets and a perceived better fit is available, do it. He's not a fit at all offensively. This team really needs a big, fast, smart power winger. Tough add though. 

Again, he has been with the team for 14 games. Exactly as @JeremyCuddles mentioned above that Bo was having a career year with us, and then really struggled once moving to the Islanders. Saying he's not a fit at all offensively at this point is far too soon. Plus when's the last time a team traded a player 14 games after trading for them? Lindholm is guaranteed to stay with the team until the end of the season. Management wouldn't move that many assets for someone they didn't believe in.

Also saying that we need a big, fast, and smart power winger doesn't mean we can get one. Everyone knows how coveted a player with those assets are, so most of the time, teams are going to hold onto them or ask for an over payment for them. 

4 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Also saying that we need a big, fast, and smart power winger doesn't mean we can get one

That's why I said it's a tough add. I will give Lindholm a C so far. Not good enough. 14 games is enough to start showing more than some defensive prowess. 

18 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Ideally I'd like to add that guy to Lindholm and Petey's line. Not replace Lindholm with that guy. I disagree with him not being a fit at all. Tocc really seems to like the guy and just thinks he needs reps with the team. Which is why, like someone else said, it's a good thing we added him earlier than right at the trade deadline. Petey's deal is now locked in. Hopefully they both can just focus on their play. That cloud is gone. Petey has 2 points in 8 games, Lindholm has 1 point in that same span. I don't think we say "Petey has zero fit in the offence."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

That's why I said it's a tough add. I will give Lindholm a C so far. Not good enough. 14 games is enough to start showing more than some defensive prowess. 

14 games really isn't that much. Also the reason I see management not moving Lindholm is because look at how many games they gave Kuzmenko to try to sort out his offensive game. They gave Kuzmenko 43 games with his limited defensive play. Lindholm at 14 games  is at 1/3 of the time management gave Kuzmenko, but with Lindholm, we've got a right handed C who's very good in the dot and on the defensive end.

At this point, all I'm saying is let's give the guy the rest of the season to actually see if he can provide that offense or not.

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Ideally I'd like to add that guy to Lindholm and Petey's line. Not replace Lindholm with that guy. I disagree with him not being a fit at all. Tocc really seems to like the guy and just thinks he needs reps with the team. Which is why, like someone else said, it's a good thing we added him earlier than right at the trade deadline. Petey's deal is now locked in. Hopefully they both can just focus on their play. That cloud is gone. Petey has 2 points in 8 games, Lindholm has 1 point in that same span. I don't think we say "Petey has zero fit in the offence."

Top six isn’t good enough, that's for sure. I remember facing the Flames and hating on Lindholm, tough to play against, and I haven't seen that yet. Not saying it's gonna happen, it's a stretch. But JR does not put up with mediocrity. 

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Which is why, like someone else said, it's a good thing we added him earlier than right at the trade deadline.

Is also provides the opportunity to cut bait and look elsewhere if the fit isn't there. Not saying it's going to happen, but JR et all are traders and will move on if they see better options imho.

11 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Is also provides the opportunity to cut bait and look elsewhere if the fit isn't there. Not saying it's going to happen, but JR et all are traders and will move on if they see better options imho.

I don't doubt this, I just doubt they'd move on from Lindholm this quickly with Tocc seemingly liking him. Unless someone offered us much more than what we paid. Getting a 1st rounder back for him just looks really bad imo. The guy you want isn't likely on the trade block either. Those guys are pretty close to unicorns and teams hold onto em. That's a JT Miller type player. We are fortunate we were even able to get him in a trade. Let alone grabbing another one at the deadline.

37 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Optics alone will keep the Canucks brass from doing this. 

Trading him for less than paid just over a dozen games later would be a complete and utter fail.  It's not happening