[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Optics alone will keep the Canucks brass from doing this. 

Trading him for less than paid just over a dozen games later would be a complete and utter fail.  It's not happening

It could happen. If Lindholm continues his subpar play, after the assets given up, are those not bad optics as well? It's deadline, everything is in play, anything can happen. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

JT miller said he hated being shuffled between lines at end of Budreau era and also he hated being shuffled between wing and C and he started playing better when RT arrived and just put him at C with Brock ... so you can imagine Lindholm is funded it hard to get a rhythm 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:28 AM, PureQuickness said:

Minimum 8 M in all likelihood, but that's not confirmed. Maybe he'll take a paycut to stay, but he really doesn't have to.

He might have certain benefits to keep him in the lineup, but he hasn't done much... and still isn't doing much... I don't hate the player, but maybe it's time to wake up to the reality. It's still early, so we're holding on to hope.

no he wont he shot himself in the foot when he didn't extend in CGY when he put up 40g no GM is going to pay him over 7m now and thats generous. Would you? would anyone? my guess is 6.5m if he can get more cool c ya. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

no he wont he shot himself in the foot when he didn't extend in CGY when he put up 40g no GM is going to pay him over 7m now and thats generous. Would you? would anyone? my guess is 6.5m if he can get more cool c ya. 

Stanley cup champion Lindholm will fetch 8.5 after he puts up 10 goals 10 assists through 23 playoff games 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Hope youre right

Somehow I see him meshing with garland and Joshua and being a big piece come playoffs, having a 3rd line that plays like a second line makes matchup games near impossible for teams lacking depth, all I can say is let the haters hate he’s still learning a new system and showing glimpses of what he can be time to time fingers crossed the consistency grows as he gets comfortable with his new team and linemates 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Somehow I see him meshing with garland and Joshua and being a big piece come playoffs, having a 3rd line that plays like a second line makes matchup games near impossible for teams lacking depth, all I can say is let the haters hate he’s still learning a new system and showing glimpses of what he can be time to time fingers crossed the consistency grows as he gets comfortable with his new team and linemates 

I mean, realistically, of the team mates he was surrounded with during his first season with Calgary (2018-2019), only 3 besides Lindholm got over 75 points (Gaudreau with 99, Tkachuk with 77, and Monohan with 82), with Giordano close behind at 74 points.

Currently, it looks likely that Miller (83 points) will meet or eclipse Gaudreau's 99 points, Pettersson (75 points) will certainly beat Monohan's 82 points, Boeser (62 points) has a fighting chance at matching or beating Tkachuk's 77 points, and Quinn Hughes (71 points) will smash Giordano's 74 points.

Calgary was a combined +297 that year, we're currently +235. Take out Lindholm's +30, and it's looking pretty evenly matched all around.

I have a feeling that Lindholm is just taking time adjusting to a new system. He's surrounded by the same level of talent as his first year with Calgary, but just needs to learn his teammates. He also caught us during our biggest slump of the year, and there's no way he can be single handedly or even mostly responsible for that. Once we get moving again, he'll be just fine. Look on the bright side, maybe we'll get him for a better deal now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

It could happen. If Lindholm continues his subpar play, after the assets given up, are those not bad optics as well? It's deadline, everything is in play, anything can happen. 

Who said he has had subpar play ? because the team and coaches seem pretty happy he is on their team and playing important minutes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Who said he has had subpar play ? because the team and coaches seem pretty happy he is on their team and playing important minutes.

The peanut gallery, that's who 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Rekker said:

This is true for Lindholm. Bad timing. 

Not to mention Calgary had a goal differential of +38 that year and we're already ahead of that. All signs point to Lindholm improving as the team does. A high tide raises all boats!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, dannydog said:

Was the first for lindholm top 10 protected?

Even after that rough month we are still 22 points up on the 10th last team. Safe to say that wasn't and shouldn't even have been considered.

• Cheers 1

I can't decide if fans are just butthurt we traded Kuz, or didn't think we needed a centre?

He's one of the better face off guys already on the team. Once he gets used to the players he'll be fine.

The fact people are writing him off already is sadly par for the course on CDC and CFF.

Let's see how he is going into the playoffs and in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Well Kuzmenko scored 2 goals last night.

So far Lindholm has been good in the faceoff circle but not really anywhere else

He does all the little things :hurhur:

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Well Kuzmenko scored 2 goals last night.

So far Lindholm has been good in the faceoff circle but not really anywhere else

Penalty kill I’ve noticed him make numerous great reads and 5v5 he’s been very solid on the defensive side of the puck well having opportunities and not producing just like everyone else not named jt or brock, watched the game last night Kuzmenkos backchecking was still a major hole in his game…. He suits non structured hockey very well 

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Penalty kill I’ve noticed him make numerous great reads and 5v5 he’s been very solid on the defensive side of the puck well having opportunities and not producing just like everyone else not named jt or brock, watched the game last night Kuzmenkos backchecking was still a major hole in his game…. He suits non structured hockey very well 

The flames did lose though even with Kuzmenkos 2 goals. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, CaptainCanuck12 said:

So now I see that Jeff Patterson is suggesting on his X site that Lindholm has been linked to a trade to Boston??  Anyone know where this came from?

I was just coming to see if there is something I’m missing 

30 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

So now I see that Jeff Patterson is suggesting on his X site that Lindholm has been linked to a trade to Boston??  Anyone know where this came from?

29 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I was just coming to see if there is something I’m missing 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

R.aa64efd50747a5416006d5c55c9de69f?rik=G

Pretty much were most pundits get their scoops from and pass it off as journalism