[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

People are really underestimating Lindholm’s value come playoff time. I think alot of people are going to be proven wrong and have egg on their face. 

Wishful thinking! 

I'm as hopeful as the next guy here but Lindholm is a bum! Giant bustaroo of a trade..  It happens. Not the first, won't be the last.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Blueger isn’t an elite 3C. He was even scratched last playoffs with Vegas. Blueger is an elite 4C, which is where he will be for the playoffs. We also needed a right shot centre. Kesler was a right shot. So was Linden. 

Yes, we paid a high price for a 3C. But Lindholm is an elite 3C. The best in the NHL as he’s really a 2C on a lot of teams.  Sure, we could have traded for Nic Dowd. But Dowd is a massive downgrade on Lindholm. Also, Lindholm is effective on the PP. so he will show his value there as well. And he is an elite PK’er and one of the best faceoff guys in the NHL. 

People are really underestimating Lindholm’s value come playoff time. I think alot of people are going to be proven wrong and have egg on their face. 

sure but bluegar is a capable 3c. we don't need an "elite" 3c when we are struggling elsewhere that's not a priority.. the way our offence have struggled since the all star break.. the way our offence have been going for the last 2 months now.. it's almost game over if a team scores 3 against us.

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sure but bluegar is a capable 3c. we don't need an "elite" 3c when we are struggling elsewhere that's not a priority.. the way our offence have struggled since the all star break.. the way our offence have been going for the last 2 months now.. it's almost game over if a team scores 3 against us.

The games will be much tighter in the playoffs.  Blueger has never been an elite 3C.  He’s not even really an elite 4C.  He was the 5C with Vegas last year.  

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The games will be much tighter in the playoffs.  Blueger has never been an elite 3C.  He’s not even really an elite 4C.  He was the 5C with Vegas last year.  

sure i don't disagree. but the plan wasn't for lindholm to be a 3c.. he was brought in to play in the top 6 except he couldn't that's the only reason why he's in the 3c spot bringing in square peg for round holes again and then putting him elsewhere coz it's backfiring. he's not playing 3c coz we have other top 6 out playing him and bumping him down.. if that was the case? no issue.. 

On 4/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, N4ZZY said:

missed an opportunity to get some value back for Kuzmenko, probably could've gotten some youth returning. The trade is looking worse by the day. Lindholm's productivity since being acquired hasn't been good. He hasn't performed offensively, but has been good defensively when he's healthy, and that's not looking great at the moment either. He may not even dress for the Canucks in the postseason. 

He’s on the 3rd line with Lafferty and Mikheyev. How is he going to perform offensively?

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Blueger isn’t an elite 3C. He was even scratched last playoffs with Vegas. Blueger is an elite 4C, which is where he will be for the playoffs. We also needed a right shot centre. Kesler was a right shot. So was Linden. 

Yes, we paid a high price for a 3C. But Lindholm is an elite 3C. The best in the NHL as he’s really a 2C on a lot of teams.  Sure, we could have traded for Nic Dowd. But Dowd is a massive downgrade on Lindholm. Also, Lindholm is effective on the PP. so he will show his value there as well. And he is an elite PK’er and one of the best faceoff guys in the NHL. 

God, so we paid a 1st rounder for this? If he's an elite 3C, he has been badly miscast then. Even on a deep roster, he is floundering. (Granted, he sounds like he had been injured for some time and he was possibly used as a bargaining chip against Pettersson)

For the sake of the Canucks, I sure as hell hope Lindholm proves to be worth it. If we don't win playoff games with a HEALTHY Lindholm, this trade is terrible and I don't know what else you'd need to see this.

5 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

God, so we paid a 1st rounder for this? If he's an elite 3C, he has been badly miscast then. Even on a deep roster, he is floundering. (Granted, he sounds like he had been injured for some time and he was possibly used as a bargaining chip against Pettersson)

For the sake of the Canucks, I sure as hell hope Lindholm proves to be worth it. If we don't win playoff games with a HEALTHY Lindholm, this trade is terrible and I don't know what else you'd need to see this.

We didn’t pay anything for Lindholm. The cost to dumperoo Cruise Missile (clearing his contract for this season and next) was a first and a third. The two prospects aren’t NHL level guys. They are nothing. 
Considering these facts, what exactly did we actually pay for Lindholm? Absolutely nothing. He came free. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We didn’t pay anything for Lindholm. The cost to dumperoo Cruise Missile (clearing his contract for this season and next) was a first and a third. The two prospects aren’t NHL level guys. They are nothing. 
Considering these facts, what exactly did we actually pay for Lindholm? Absolutely nothing. He came free. 

How can you say the 2 prospects aren’t NHL level guys? Do you have a magic ball? So many players make it to the NHL that weren’t even drafted. I’m sure a lot of people that get paid to make assumptions must have said “oh that guy won’t make the NHL” only to have to eat their words after. Jurmo probably won’t make it but Hunter has skill. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

How can you say the 2 prospects aren’t NHL level guys? Do you have a magic ball? So many players make it to the NHL that weren’t even drafted. I’m sure a lot of people that get paid to make assumptions must have said “oh that guy won’t make the NHL” only to have to eat their words after. Jurmo probably won’t make it but Hunter has skill. 

As a matter of fact …

04E881A2-A05C-4FC8-8591-A673D7E9F840.jpeg.d7430298c326944d1794d0b6ea7c25be.jpeg

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

that's a massive price to pay for a "3C" again the bluegar joshua garland line was doing fine and bluegar was doing fine in that "3C" role... why change something that is working? the garland line was basically dominating other team.. so they decide to add something to change it up? or they want to force either EP lindholm or miller to play wing? if that's the case then again should have gotten a winger instead of forcing players to play out of their position. sure we got lindholm for the "playoff" but if he's playing 3c 4c in the playoff.. that's a massive L.. coulda found an actual 3c 4c for much cheaper.. right now almost every all the lines ain't working because of all the tinkering

exactly why change when everything was working fine 

just add another top 6 winger like Toffoli and give up just 1st or 2nd 

bad management and vision 

Edited by occ78

3 hours ago, occ78 said:

I love when people who know next to nothing think they know better then the professionals. Reminds me of kids who think they know better then their parents, it's endearing. 

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, occ78 said:

None of the moves most management groups make in major sports are done arbitrarily. There's far too much at stake to make these decisions on a whim. 

3 hours ago, occ78 said:

Just? Have you considered variables like what Toffoli was looking for? Where he envisioned playing? Realize that Toffoli and Pearson are very close friends and that how Pearson left Vancouver was less than ideal. Might have played into Tyler's choice. 

3 hours ago, occ78 said:

While you're obviously welcome to your opinion, as is anyone, passing judgment without having a full view of what transpired behind the scenes, might come across as reactionary and uninformed. I think Canucks management has done a very good job, methodically going after specific types of players that a solid team needs to be successful. Are they perfect? No. Nothing is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I love when people who know next to nothing think they know better then the professionals. Reminds me of kids who think they know better then their parents, it's endearing. 

Because no gms ever make a mistake or bad call right

18 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Because no gms ever make a mistake or bad call right

Holy massive leap, Batman. Mistakes happen. But calling it bad management or vision is ridiculous. The Lindholm trade was in no world bad vision, even if it hasn't worked out yet. 

Something not working out doesn't equate to a bad call. They are 2 completely separate things.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

None of the moves most management groups make in major sports are done arbitrarily. There's far too much at stake to make these decisions on a whim. 

Just? Have you considered variables like what Toffoli was looking for? Where he envisioned playing? Realize that Toffoli and Pearson are very close friends and that how Pearson left Vancouver was less than ideal. Might have played into Tyler's choice. 

While you're obviously welcome to your opinion, as is anyone, passing judgment without having a full view of what transpired behind the scenes, might come across as reactionary and uninformed. I think Canucks management has done a very good job, methodically going after specific types of players that a solid team needs to be successful. Are they perfect? No. Nothing is.

I don’t study nhlers  personal life and relationships like you do 

Canucks had something going before the trade 

it’s best to leave the group as is instead of making moves like this and break that chemistry 

in this case, major overpayment 

Edited by occ78
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, occ78 said:

I don't study NHL players personal lives. This is well known information. It's what called getting your facts straight before writing something. 

5 minutes ago, occ78 said:

it’s best to leave the group as is instead of making moves like this and break that chemistry 

Simple take on a complex issue. You have little idea as to what precipitated that trade. Zero 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, occ78 said:

So Kuzmenko is reason we dont play now like before.Or these 2 kids who never played for team.Or first round pick played better for us then Calgary?What you going to say if we win because of him?You going to say ,oh i eat crow.No integrity?

1 hour ago, Screw said:

I love Lindy and hope they resign the guy.   He is quality and just hasn’t shown how good he is with Vancouver yet.

So 1 x 1 as a show me deal ? 🤑