[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Interesting hit by Friedge on Donnie and Dhali 

Friedge suggesting Bluegger should resign because he’s been around and it’s hard to find such a great fit. 

hints Bluegger should take less AAV and go for term 

says same about Joshua about fit, fit with Toch and getting term 

then says Hronek - same good fit stuff then says his total money “might be lower than sone people want” and he said it twice 

could be that because he has not carried his own pair he is viewed as a 2D… and are 2Ds getting 7.5 to 8???

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 4:01 PM, HKSR said:

You guys do realize Kuzy's shooting % is through the roof again in CGY right?  It's not sustainable.  Even with that shooting % he's only on a 35 goal and 55 point pace.  When he regresses back to a normal shooting %, he will likely be a 20 to 25 goal guy and 45ish points.  Pretty much the same pace he was on with Vancouver until he was traded.

Cowtown pumping his numbers so they can move him at the draft 

• ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Interesting hit by Friedge on Donnie and Dhali 

Friedge suggesting Bluegger should resign because he’s been around and it’s hard to find such a great fit. 

hints Bluegger should take less AAV and go for term 

says same about Joshua about fit, fit with Toch and getting term 

then says Hronek - same good fit stuff then says his total money “might be lower than sone people want” and he said it twice 

could be that because he has not carried his own pair he is viewed as a 2D… and are 2Ds getting 7.5 to 8???

I’m okay with signing Joshua long term - 3.5x6?

I would be surprised if we sign Blueger. Raty has been one of the best players in the AHL recently and is probably ready for the NHL next season. However, I’d still be happy if Blueger returned, great player.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

This kinda feels like Calgary sold us damaged goods TBH.

The Canucks would have given him physical at the time of the trade. Not only that he played 22 games after the trade before his injury. This most definitely isn't a case of damaged goods.

• Cheers 3

On 4/3/2024 at 8:00 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Blueger isn’t an elite 3C. He was even scratched last playoffs with Vegas. Blueger is an elite 4C, which is where he will be for the playoffs. We also needed a right shot centre. Kesler was a right shot. So was Linden. 

Yes, we paid a high price for a 3C. But Lindholm is an elite 3C. The best in the NHL as he’s really a 2C on a lot of teams.  Sure, we could have traded for Nic Dowd. But Dowd is a massive downgrade on Lindholm. Also, Lindholm is effective on the PP. so he will show his value there as well. And he is an elite PK’er and one of the best faceoff guys in the NHL. 

People are really underestimating Lindholm’s value come playoff time. I think alot of people are going to be proven wrong and have egg on their face. 

well said

just because he's our 3C does not mean he is a 3C.

Look at the depth Tampa had on that 3rd and 4th line during their recent glory years.

My only complaint is not giving Lindholm a true shot on the PP. Also because scoring gives players confidence and i just think he'd play better 5v5 if he were able to pocket some points on the PP. 

We need a healthy and confident Lindy in the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

well said

just because he's our 3C does not mean he is a 3C.

Look at the depth Tampa had on that 3rd and 4th line during their recent glory years.

My only complaint is not giving Lindholm a true shot on the PP. Also because scoring gives players confidence and i just think he'd play better 5v5 if he were able to pocket some points on the PP. 

We need a healthy and confident Lindy in the playoffs

It's my opinion that blue-line depth will win Stanley Cups.

Depth scoring and nightly heroes are always a constant consideration as well. 

It ALWAYS starts from the crease out, however. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2024 at 3:02 PM, CanuckMan said:

How can you say the 2 prospects aren’t NHL level guys? Do you have a magic ball? So many players make it to the NHL that weren’t even drafted. I’m sure a lot of people that get paid to make assumptions must have said “oh that guy won’t make the NHL” only to have to eat their words after. Jurmo probably won’t make it but Hunter has skill. 

Sorry Canucksman, but HUNTER DIDN't want to play in Vancouver regardless...

• ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Sorry Canucksman, but HUNTER DIDN't want to play in Vancouver regardless...

'Mornin' Spook!

If Hunter makes the NHL, he'll have to play in Vancouver sometimes 'regardless', lol, Cheers!

Edited by Goal_thecup
added 'sometimes'
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

'Mornin' Spook!

If Hunter makes the NHL, he'll have to play in Vancouver sometimes 'regardless', lol, Cheers!

Lol... Cheers amigo... Didn't check that angle :classic_laugh: 

Avoid The Office GIF

Edited by spook007
  • Haha 1

1) Okay if you had to choose one outcome. A) Lindholm, regular season goat or B) playoff goat?

Yah... Trick question... We all know B is the only possible option at this point of the season.... But isn't it all that matters, considering we didn't need him to help us into the playoffs?  

Yes all will be forgiven, if he performs well in the playoffs.  Get him to as close to 100% before coming back... Even if that's game one of the playoffs. 

Will be less of a book on him and his line to game plan against as well.

• Like 2

I don't really understand Hunters comments? The canucks were the first team to take a chance on him in the draft everyone else passed numerous times. If he had earned an opportunity here he would have been given one. I find the hunter scenario odd. 

As for Lindholm I have faith. He's a workhorse. I think he will come up big. 

• Cheers 2

Still a Lindholm supporter. There's 2 weeks left of the regular season still. Plenty of time to let his wrist heal. It would explain why he wasn't shooting much, but at the same time. He was still a beast in the faceoff dot with the injured wrist. So it might not be super serious. Let em heal, play him the last 2ish games if possible just to have game reps under his belt going into the playoffs.

• Huggy Bear 1

The only way we win this trade is if Lindholm comes up big in the playoffs.  The only way we lose this draft is if Hunter becomes a top 4 defenceman in the NHL.  Personally, I don't think the needle moves much either way but where we win is by clearing cap space next year (which could be huge).  The only question I have is if they could have traded Kuzmenko for prospects or picks that would have reduced our cap and given us a chance for the future, but his value had plummeted and our hand was somewhat forced.  Not much to worry about with this trade other than the team has not played well since.  Perhaps Kuz was a great $5M/yr guy in the locker room to keep the spirits up....

On 4/6/2024 at 10:25 PM, NHL97OneTimer said:

The only way we win this trade is if Lindholm comes up big in the playoffs.  The only way we lose this draft is if Hunter becomes a top 4 defenceman in the NHL.  Personally, I don't think the needle moves much either way but where we win is by clearing cap space next year (which could be huge).  The only question I have is if they could have traded Kuzmenko for prospects or picks that would have reduced our cap and given us a chance for the future, but his value had plummeted and our hand was somewhat forced.  Not much to worry about with this trade other than the team has not played well since.  Perhaps Kuz was a great $5M/yr guy in the locker room to keep the spirits up....

With Lindholm or without,we still play like ass.So it is not Lindholm.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, 24K said:

We paid the highest price for the most useless rental this season. Disaster of a trade. 

We paid nothing for Lindholm. He came free. Dumping Cruise Missile cost a first and a third. The two prospects are both iffy (at best) NHLers. 
So we paid NOTHING! 
Now now and kneel to the Empties 🙇 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Did you guys see how many critical faceoffs we lost in our defensive zone last night while VGK had 6 guys on the ice at the end of the game?  THAT'S where Lindholm's value will shine through.  He wins close to 60% of his draws!  One win in that sequence and we would have shaved 30 seconds off the clock instead of being hemmed in our own zone for over a minute due to lost draw after lost draw.  Those situations are also where your guys get hurt blocking shots with their life.  People need to see value in other aspects of the game than just the scoresheet. 

It's these kinds of contributions and roles on a team that help win Stanley Cups.  The reality is Lindholm isn't a PPG player anymore, but he's likely not a 30pt guy either.  If we can get 40pt pace production out of him in the playoffs while also having him take on defensive duties and winning key faceoffs, we did well in the trade.

Lindholm is also a right shot.  I saw Miller trying to take draws on his weak side at the end of the game and he lost every one.  Same with Blueger.  Lindholm is still elite defensively, even though his offence has dried up.  He will be a huge contributor in the playoffs with his 200' game...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lindholm is also a right shot.  I saw Miller trying to take draws on his weak side at the end of the game and he lost every one.  Same with Blueger.  Lindholm is still elite defensively, even though his offence has dried up.  He will be a huge contributor in the playoffs with his 200' game...

Exactly.  With each icing call, VGK was able to pick Miller/Blueger's weak side over and over.  They won draw after draw and the Canucks were hanging on for dear life.  Lindholm would have killed off at least 30 seconds of that last 1.5min with a single faceoff win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Exactly.  With each icing call, VGK was able to pick Miller/Blueger's weak side over and over.  They won draw after draw and the Canucks were hanging on for dear life.  Lindholm would have killed off at least 30 seconds of that last 1.5min with a single faceoff win.

I'd really like to keep Lindholm.  I wonder if he will take a one year $6 million show me deal.  Not sure many teams will be lining up to give him a 7 year deal in free agency.  I could be wrong though.  I am sure Boston will be all over him...