[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd really like to keep Lindholm.  I wonder if he will take a one year $6 million show me deal.  Not sure many teams will be lining up to give him a 7 year deal in free agency.  I could be wrong though.  I am sure Boston will be all over him...

A veteran centre that is likely 50pt+ on offence, RH, very strong on the faceoff dot, and very good defensively will get a long term deal.  I can't see any situation where he would only get a 1 year show me deal at his age.  If it was $6M AAV, some team will definitely give him term with that cap hit and be very happy with it.  Heck, I'd be happy if we locked him up at $6M x 7 lol

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Did you guys see how many critical faceoffs we lost in our defensive zone last night while VGK had 6 guys on the ice at the end of the game?  THAT'S where Lindholm's value will shine through.  He wins close to 60% of his draws!  One win in that sequence and we would have shaved 30 seconds off the clock instead of being hemmed in our own zone for over a minute due to lost draw after lost draw.  Those situations are also where your guys get hurt blocking shots with their life.  People need to see value in other aspects of the game than just the scoresheet. 

It's these kinds of contributions and roles on a team that help win Stanley Cups.  The reality is Lindholm isn't a PPG player anymore, but he's likely not a 30pt guy either.  If we can get 40pt pace production out of him in the playoffs while also having him take on defensive duties and winning key faceoffs, we did well in the trade.

Ditto.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:13 AM, nergish said:

I still close my eyes and see this beautiful bastard scoring a big time, series-winning type goal for us.

In that case, all will be forgiven?

If we make a deep run or dare I say dream big and win the big prize:

If his playoff stat line reads follow:

GP: 22

G: 8

A: 9

P: 17

+/-: +12

FO: 58.7%

Then that's a really good pick-up for the team.

To me if Lindy takes a good deal for both and not a huge amount I would resign him.

Me around 5.5 to 6.

But I'd rather resign Blueger and get an ufa C as we also can sign Joshua and he can play center.

Will be interesting to see this summer who gets resigned and not.

Like Myers 2 years at around 3 mill or so as he loves it here.

I just think Myers and Lindy will want more money then we want to spend.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RJCF96 said:

If we make a deep run or dare I say dream big and win the big prize:

If his playoff stat line reads follow:

GP: 22

G: 8

A: 9

P: 17

+/-: +12

FO: 58.7%

Then that's a really good pick-up for the team.

I don't care if he goes pointless as long as demko gets 16 wins 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

To me if Lindy takes a good deal for both and not a huge amount I would resign him.

Me around 5.5 to 6.

But I'd rather resign Blueger and get an ufa C as we also can sign Joshua and he can play center.

Myers is a very serviceable player who is doing much much better than many years before. Arguably this coaching team has revived his career. I think he'll want to stay rather than chasing for just a bit more money.

13 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Myers is a very serviceable player who is doing much much better than many years before. Arguably this coaching team has revived his career. I think he'll want to stay rather than chasing for just a bit more money.

I don't see a scenario where Myers signs for under $ 4m per even if it is in Vancouver. Maybe the Canucks extend both he and Zadorov, their defense is thin otherwise.

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

We paid nothing for Lindholm. He came free. Dumping Cruise Missile cost a first and a third. The two prospects are both iffy (at best) NHLers. 
So we paid NOTHING! 
Now now and kneel to the Empties 🙇 

If that's the case it was a pretty big F up by this mgmt when they signed Kuzz. I would imagine they could have gotten a 1st and a 3rd for Kuzi at the deadline last season. 

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

If that's the case it was a pretty big F up by this mgmt when they signed Kuzz. I would imagine they could have gotten a 1st and a 3rd for Kuzi at the deadline last season. 

So management shouldn’t have signed Kuz Missile after his 39 goal season? It was actually brilliant to make it only two years. 

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So management shouldn’t have signed Kuz Missile after his 39 goal season? It was actually brilliant to make it only two years. 

No they shouldn't have.

I can understand not moving him at the DL given the situation then but at the very least could have moved him in the offseason for a return after Tocc press boxed him and it was clear he wasn't going to work in Toccs system. Paying a 1st and a 3rd to dump a contract you just signed was not great. 

16 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

No they shouldn't have.

I can understand not moving him at the DL given the situation then but at the very least could have moved him in the offseason for a return after Tocc press boxed him and it was clear he wasn't going to work in Toccs system. Paying a 1st and a 3rd to dump a contract you just signed was not great. 

He was a ufa tho. There would be no return.

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Me around 5.5 to 6.

I don't hate the idea of signing Lindholm at all. But it would have to be somewhere around 5m and not too long since he'll be 30 next year. In my opinion he's an elite 3rd center that can play in the top 6 when asked. It would be an unreal luxury to find a way to make it work but I think Hronek and Joshua have to be the top priorities this offseason. I actually believe Joshua can and will score 25+ next year if given a full season in the top 6. To me, he's that power forward that the team has needed for many years so sign him for 5 or 6 years at 3.5 to 4. If signing Joshua hinders the chances of keeping Lindholm, so be it.

1 minute ago, zduck14 said:

I don't hate the idea of signing Lindholm at all. But it would have to be somewhere around 5m and not too long since he'll be 30 next year. In my opinion he's an elite 3rd center that can play in the top 6 when asked. It would be an unreal luxury to find a way to make it work but I think Hronek and Joshua have to be the top priorities this offseason. I actually believe Joshua can and will score 25+ next year if given a full season in the top 6. To me, he's that power forward that the team has needed for many years so sign him for 5 or 6 years at 3.5 to 4. If signing Joshua hinders the chances of keeping Lindholm, so be it.

No disrespect to Beagle, but last time we signed this to a 4M contract, it didn't work out well. Lindholm has been on a noticeable decline and while Beagle never put up the numbers that Lindholm did, it will be an overpayment to re-sign Lindholm to a long term contract. This will not age well.

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't see a scenario where Myers signs for under $ 4m per even if it is in Vancouver. Maybe the Canucks extend both he and Zadorov, their defense is thin otherwise.

Myers would be worth it at that number. Good character and you know exactly what you're getting out of the tempered chaos giraffe.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

He was a ufa tho. There would be no return.

I guess you're right. Letting him walk would have been better than paying. It's hindsight I suppose. I was pretty vocal last year that they should cash in at the DL when it became crystal that both Kuzz and Brock in the top 6 was too soft to be competitive. One had to go and at the time Brock had no value. 

Obviously PA doesn't read CDC for tips. Go figure.

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd really like to keep Lindholm.  I wonder if he will take a one year $6 million show me deal.  Not sure many teams will be lining up to give him a 7 year deal in free agency.  I could be wrong though.  I am sure Boston will be all over him...

lol with the way he's deployed here playing bottom 6 i'm sure he'll be interested in signing a 1 year deal with vancouver to further tank his chance at a big long term contract if that's the route he's going to take. if he wants to sign a 1 year show me deal he'd sign with teams like boston where he'll likely be their #1 center playing with pastrnak.. after the disastrous run with vancouver and getting stapled to the bottom 6 with no significant pp1 mins there's almost no way he'll be interested in signing with vancouver.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

The Lindholm trade aside, Kuzmenko's 39 goals wasn't a fluke as some of us were saying all along. Hes on fire in Calgary. Skilled goal scorer. 

On an underperforming team who knows they are missing the playoffs so I assume most of their game is just individual players not playing to win but pad their stats.

Having said that someone in Sportsnet said that Kuzmenko is the type of player who would probably excel as a Panther 🤨

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

The Lindholm trade aside, Kuzmenko's 39 goals wasn't a fluke as some of us were saying all along. Hes on fire in Calgary. Skilled goal scorer. 

Cruise Missile will score but only when there is no pressure to win and he is free to play “his” way ahead of the “right” way. He’s cute and fun to watch so he’s a perfect fit on a tanking club. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Cruise Missile will score but only when there is no pressure to win and he is free to play “his” way ahead of the “right” way. He’s cute and fun to watch so he’s a perfect fit on a tanking club. 

I think he ends up in Washington for next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Can the Caps fit Cruise Control’s 5.5 into their cap? 

why not backstrom is all but retired that'll free up additional 9.2mil. at the en of the day the kuzmenko thing ended up a disaster for vancouver.. he was entertaining and fun for the canucks.. but at the end of the day.. we gained nothing out of it no playoff no nothing and you can argue we have to give up asset to move him and prolly bumped EP's contract up 1mil based on last season.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

why not backstrom is all but retired that'll free up additional 9.2mil. at the en of the day the kuzmenko thing ended up a disaster for vancouver.. he was entertaining and fun for the canucks.. but at the end of the day.. we gained nothing out of it no playoff no nothing and you can argue we have to give up asset to move him and prolly bumped EP's contract up 1mil based on last season.

To begin it’s not Vancouver; it’s “us”. It’s our club. As a true fan of our club I see the dumping of Cruise Control as a much needed move. He is not a fit on a winning club. He’s perfect on a loser. The Lames are losers. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To begin it’s not Vancouver; it’s “us”. It’s our club. As a true fan of our club I see the dumping of Cruise Control as a much needed move. He is not a fit on a winning club. He’s perfect on a loser. The Lames are losers. 

coulda moved him for asset last tdl instead we signed him and traded him with asset less than 1 year later

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

coulda moved him for asset last tdl instead we signed him and traded him with asset less than 1 year later

With this I agree. But I think the club believed Cruise Control could get fit and play the right way. But the player is a softy.