[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With this I agree.

you can say that about every player tho. Coulda moved him. Sure, ok, theoretically. It made no sense to do that, tho. 

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

But I think the club believed Cruise Control could get fit and play the right way. But the player is a softy. 

Was worth a shot. If he had it in him, he'd be a bargain. I think he really tried, but maybe you just can't make up for never playing that way when you're 28.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I coulda had a V8. 

that's your problem for not having one then. they could have waited till the end of season to re-sign him after tocchet have a longer time to evaluate whether he fits his style or not.. worse case scenario? you lose him for nothing instead of signing him and then having to trade him with asset because he's clearly never was and never will be a RT style player

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

that's your problem for not having one then. they could have waited till the end of season to re-sign him after tocchet have a longer time to evaluate whether he fits his style or not.. worse case scenario? you lose him for nothing instead of signing him and then having to trade him with asset because he's clearly never was and never will be a RT style player

but why would they? what do you think they would learn in a few weeks that they didn't already know. 

26 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Kuz has 11 pts in his last 6 games...

Kuz has 7 points in his last 4 games…but is somehow a -3 in those games. He also has 1 hit, and zero blocks. The team is 1-3 in those games, the win being squeaked out in overtime against the league’s worst team.

Kuzmenko is a PP merchant, and by all accounts a fun teammate. But his negatives (defensive play & cap hit) outweigh the positives. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Kuz has 7 points in his last 4 games…but is somehow a -3 in those games. He also has 1 hit, and zero blocks. The team is 1-3 in those games, the win being squeaked out in overtime against the league’s worst team.

Kuzmenko is a PP merchant, and by all accounts a fun teammate. But his negatives (defensive play & cap hit) outweigh the positives. 

Kuzy banana is fun out of context. 

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kuzy traded by CGY at the draft or some time in the near future after pumping up his stats.  It's the smart thing to do for a team that is retooling.  Wouldn't have made sense for the Canucks to do that as it would have likely cost us some wins.  We're a contending and competing club this year, so we had to make a move for a player that would help us win in the post season.

• ThereItIs 1

Some of y'all are so salty.  It's a discussion board analyzing a trade.  I didn't complain, just pointed out an actual relevant stat out.  Yes, it was directed at some of the homers in this thread who have incessantly attempted to affirm that we fleeced Calgary in this trade...

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Some of y'all are so salty.  It's a discussion board analyzing a trade.  I didn't complain, just pointed out an actual relevant stat out.  Yes, it was directed at some of the homers in this thread who have incessantly attempted to affirm that we fleeced Calgary in this trade...

I think multiple things can be true. Kuzmenko wasn't helping this team, but this trade is also looking like we overpaid. Ultimately the handling of Kuzmenko might be the first big blunder by this management group, but time will tell.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I think multiple things can be true. Kuzmenko wasn't helping this team, but this trade is also looking like we overpaid. Ultimately the handling of Kuzmenko might be the first big blunder by this management group, but time will tell.

If Lindholm does well in the playoffs it'll be worth it imo, and for the Kuzy cap space. I like that they tried, but end of the day Kuzy wasn't a good fit here under Tocc.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If Lindholm does well in the playoffs it'll be worth it imo, and for the Kuzy cap space. I like that they tried, but end of the day Kuzy wasn't a good fit here under Tocc.

Careful, you might be accused of being salty! 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Why someone need to fleece someone for trade to be good.Kuz had no future with Tocchet.End of story.5 mil of the books,not bad.Calgary got something for player who is gone at the end of season.They are happy too

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

This is a surprisingly fair and balanced observation. I think it's an overpayment, but like you said, time will tell if Lindholm will prove to be a good trade (he won't have much time though to prove this, as a result of his injury). As you said though, Kuzmenko wasn't helping this team, especially when they were losing. He was less useful than Lafferty, who when he's on his game, can be so dominant.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

but why would they? what do you think they would learn in a few weeks that they didn't already know. 

RT should know by then he’s made 0 improvement to the defensive side of his play and prolly incapable of playing hk’s style? 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

RT should know by then he’s made 0 improvement to the defensive side of his play and prolly incapable of playing hk’s style? 

Unless they thought it had a lot to do with conditioning. 

None of us were in the room or there for practice. They clearly saw something there.

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Go cheer for Calgary then. Stop clinging to players like an ex-girlfriend. Move on.

Bro I'm working through things with my therapist - why this gotta hit home 🤣

• Huggy Bear 1