[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua is looking at a 5 year contract between $3.5-4 million. I could see him playing with Miller/Boeser next season. 

Yup.  Was disappointed they didn't do this more.  Suter is not a top 6 guy.  Like the guy but prefer him in the bottom 6.

I think it's pretty obvious now that the Lindholm trade is exactly what we needed.  He has been incredible for the playoffs.  Hopefully this will shut up all the haters that criticized this trade.  We would be down in this series if it wasn't for this addition.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think it's pretty obvious now that the Lindholm trade is exactly what we needed.  He has been incredible for the playoffs.  Hopefully this will shut up all the haters that criticized this trade.  We would be down in this series if it wasn't for this addition.

Definitely a playoff performer.  BUT remember he supposedly turned down a $8M offer from the Flames.  So keeping Lindholm next season will be a challenge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Definitely a playoff performer.  BUT remember he supposedly turned down a $8M offer from the Flames.  So keeping Lindholm next season will be a challenge.

Bolded... The fLames are going through a rebuild... Costs more to keep players that want to win. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

That offer and decline was before this season started...

He was coming off a 64 point campaign (presumably thinking it was a 'down' year) as it was 1 year removed from his 82 point campaign.

We now have another full season under his belt where he finished with 44 points.  I HIGHLY doubt he's expecting over $8M now.

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Bolded... The fLames are going through a rebuild... Costs more to keep players that want to win. 

True.  But I doubt he would take $6M when he probably believes he’s worth $7M on the open market.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

He was coming off a 64 point campaign (presumably thinking it was a 'down' year) as it was 1 year removed from his 82 point campaign.

We now have another full season under his belt where he finished with 44 points.  I HIGHLY doubt he's expecting over $8M now.

Maybe he’d want $7M as a UFA.  I’m sure another team will probably offer that.  Just saying, there will be roster changes needed. 

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Maybe he’d want $7M as a UFA.  I’m sure another team will probably offer that.  Just saying, there will be roster changes needed. 

I could see him signing for under $7M if he feels he has a great shot at winning a Cup.  Thing is, his services will be in demand from several contenders.  Boston comes to mind immediately.  We'll have to just hope he feels the Canucks have a better shot than the others.

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Still too early to say imo, if we make the conference finals or deeper it's worth it, no question. If we go out in the second round? Folks might look at that a bit different, particularly if he walks (and I think there's a good chance he does). 

Time will tell, but he's been useful thus far. 

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Still too early to say imo, if we make the conference finals or deeper it's worth it, no question. If we go out in the second round? Folks might look at that a bit different, particularly if he walks (and I think there's a good chance he does). 

Time will tell, but he's been useful thus far. 

If we win a round and have a solid showing in the 2nd round, I'd say it was a success.  It will have given this group nearly 2 full rounds of playoff experience.  We will likely have several shots at this, and each successive playoff round of experience will help us get to the end goal of winning it all.  That's why IMO, the Lindholm trade will have been a success as long as we get into the 2nd round and put up a solid fight there.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Also 

it was cdd as calgary…

with major issues 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If we win a round and have a solid showing in the 2nd round, I'd say it was a success.  It will have given this group nearly 2 full rounds of playoff experience.  We will likely have several shots at this, and each successive playoff round of experience will help us get to the end goal of winning it all.  That's why IMO, the Lindholm trade will have been a success as long as we get into the 2nd round and put up a solid fight there.

Guess we'll see, and I say that as someone who's consistently spoken to the importance of playoff experience and our lack of it. 

Edited by Coconuts

52 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I could see him signing for under $7M if he feels he has a great shot at winning a Cup.  Thing is, his services will be in demand from several contenders.  Boston comes to mind immediately.  We'll have to just hope he feels the Canucks have a better shot than the others.

I would love to have him return but the team will need to prioritize defense first as they are extremely thin once July comes around otherwise.

Lindholm would be a solid player to bring back, I think that possibility may have died when he was put into 3rd line roles and no PP time. He will believe in himself as a top six centre and around the league there will be interest in him filling a top six somewhere, teams will pay Free Agency prices so while he is probably at most worth $ 5-6m as it stands and that would be an overpayment if he played more top nine then top six for sure. But there will be a team offering $ 6m + at multiple years and trade protection so I see him moving on. UNLESS, he buys in to what management is selling and the team has a particularly successful post-season run and he finds various other variables that make Vancouver his new home.

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Even if we don't keep Lindholm the trade is looking good. The 1st is going to be late, after the draft drops off. Pretty much the value of a 2nd in a strong draft. Jurmo wasn't going to be tendered a contract and hunter refused to sign with us.

Kuzmenko looks good when playing pond hockey but he wouldn't have seen a minute of ice time in this series, way too structured for his game. ĺIf we had hung onto Kuzmenko and continued his cycle of 4th line/doghouse/scratches we would have to pay a kings ransom to dump his deal in the summer. The last time a 5.5+ million dollar contract was dumped (monohan) it cost a 1st round pick.

If Lindholm walks that 5.5 will go to good use. The gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Even if we don't keep Lindholm the trade is looking good. The 1st is going to be late, after the draft drops off. Pretty much the value of a 2nd in a strong draft. Jurmo wasn't going to be tendered a contract and hunter refused to sign with us.

Kuzmenko looks good when playing pond hockey but he wouldn't have seen a minute of ice time in this series, way too structured for his game. ĺIf we had hung onto Kuzmenko and continued his cycle of 4th line/doghouse/scratches we would have to pay a kings ransom to dump his deal in the summer. The last time a 5.5+ million dollar contract was dumped (monohan) it cost a 1st round pick.

If Lindholm walks that 5.5 will go to good use. The gift that keeps on giving.

Yeah I figured the same. I really do hope we're able to work it out and keep him. I wanted Lindholm on the team before the trade speculations started, so I was absolutely stunned we actually got him. I'd love for him to be more than just a playoff rental.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

Yeah I figured the same. I really do hope we're able to work it out and keep him. I wanted Lindholm on the team before the trade speculations started, so I was absolutely stunned we actually got him. I'd love for him to be more than just a playoff rental.

Would be really difficult if we're keeping Joshua, Zadorov, Hronek, etc.  Mikheyev would absolutely need to be traded.

4 hours ago, Canuck-Man said:

Yeah, Mikheyev I don't expect to keep for sure.

That's going to be a tough one to move. Not only is he overpaid for what he brings these days, he also has 2 years left and a 12 team no trade.

Lindholm has been great in playoffs. This is exactly what we wanted when we traded for him. 

He's put up points has been an absolute monster in his two way game and has been one of our top forwards. 

I think Miller Boeser and Lindholm have been our top 3 forwards and Hughes Zadorov Myers have been our top three Dmen. 

• Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Canuck-Man said:

He was my #1 target for forward trade. Zadorov was my #1 target for Dman. 

I was ecstatic when we got those players and it sure looks like we hit home runs during these playoffs so far. 

• Vintage 1

On 4/29/2024 at 9:15 AM, BPA said:

They’re years away from competing again and Markstrom wants out too why would he sign a team friendly deal to stay there?