[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 hours ago, J-P said:

They're not entirely wrong though. I think you can subtract Hogs and still get the deal done, but Ek is a player who moves the needle a lot and on a fantastic contract.

Still - the timing is not right, we lack a #3D, a scoring forward and a heavy 4th liner, even WITH Ek, so selling the farm at this point vs aiming for a longer window makes no sense imo.

Hell no to moving our top 2 prospects AND a 1st for that return

The only player I'm even considering that for is Crosby, and only because I feel like that would solidify the best chance for a cup in the next 1-2 years

10 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Hell no to moving our top 2 prospects AND a 1st for that return

The only player I'm even considering that for is Crosby, and only because I feel like that would solidify the best chance for a cup in the next 1-2 years

I love all the Crosby chatter. What a dream come true that would be. 

Would you keep the lotto line together and give Crosby his choice of wingers? 

10 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

That is exactly why I would do it

Imagine Crosby on the 2nd line? Could always switch it up if things went stale, but that depth would be unmatched

Crosby with Hoglander and Joshua could be the hardest working most tenacious line in hockey. 

It’s a silly rumour but sure fun to speculate. And with the Rutherford ties..  I give it a full 1% chance of happening!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Good question. I say spread the wealth among the 2 lines. I do know this. Our PP1 would be inevitable 

Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is there some guarantee signed that Petey and Hughes will be here until they are 31/32?  I must have missed that...

Nobody suggested there was there Captain Red Herring.

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

That is exactly why I would do it

Imagine Crosby on the 2nd line? Could always switch it up if things went stale, but that depth would be unmatched

Chris MacFarland would like a word. 

The depth of that Avs roster is awesome. 

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

David Pagnotta suggest we are after Lindholm & if that's the case I wouldn't be shocked to see a deal that includes him and Tanev. 

Wonder what it would take to acquire both. 

Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Dom said:

David Pagnotta suggest we are after Lindholm & if that's the case I wouldn't be shocked to see a deal that includes him and Tanev. 

Wonder what it would take to acquire both. 

With Soucy on LTIR maybe we could got both Lindholm and Tanev in with only Kuz Missile going back for cap purposes? So what do we add to Kuz Missile? 2024 first + Podzilla? 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With Soucy on LTIR maybe we could got both Lindholm and Tanev in with only Kuz Missile going back for cap purposes? So what do we add to Kuz Missile? 2024 first + Podzilla? 

Why would someone even consider doing that from Vancouvers perspective?  Neither Tanev nor lindholm are worth that much to the Canucks, especially as they would both likely be rentals

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Nobody suggested there was there Captain Red Herring.

So if there is no guarantee that Petey or Hughes will be here when they are 31/32 then why would we make roster decisions with that in mind?  Seems odd to me. 

Our window has already opened. It might be open for the next 10 years, or it might be open for only the next 2-3 years. Nobody knows. So it’s not wrong to suggest going after a guy like Crosby to try and win a cup. At least there is nothing wrong with making a proposal. If Petey does get traded in the summer then it’s actually a really good idea. I’d also add Stamkos to that list. 

And for the record, I don’t like herring. I prefer salmon. 🤨

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So if there is no guarantee that Petey or Hughes will be here when they are 31/32 then why would we make roster decisions with that in mind?  Seems odd to me. 

Our window has already opened. It might be open for the next 10 years, or it might be open for only the next 2-3 years. Nobody knows. So it’s not wrong to suggest going after a guy like Crosby to try and win a cup. At least there is nothing wrong with making a proposal. If Petey does get traded in the summer then it’s actually a really good idea. I’d also add Stamkos to that list. 

And for the record, I don’t like herring. I prefer salmon. 🤨

Because emptying our futures and trading or next 3 1sts, Willander, Lekkerimaki etc etc right now, as was being discussed, is stupid. 

Completely emptying your best futures is something you do as your window is near closing, not as it's opening. Whether Hughes or Pettersson are "guaranteed" to be here long term or not. If they're not, we'll need those futures all the more.

That's not to say that we can't spend ANY futures, Crosby or otherwise. I even suggested a trade for Crosby (as unlikely as it is) a couple pages back. But it did not involve COMPLETELY emptying ALL of our futures as some are suggesting. Because that would be stupid.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Because emptying our futures and trading or next 3 1sts, Willander, Lekkerimaki etc etc right now, as was being discussed, is stupid. 

Completely emptying your best futures is something you do as your window is near closing, not as it's opening. Whether Hughes or Pettersson are "guaranteed" to be here long term or not. If they're not, we'll need those futures all the more.

That's not to say that we can't spend ANY futures, Crosby or otherwise. I even suggested a trade for Crosby (as unlikely as it is) a couple pages back. But it did not involve COMPLETELY emptying ALL of our futures as some are suggesting. Because that would be stupid.

For sure. I wouldn’t trade Lekkerimäki and Willander for Crosby. But a proposal including multiple 1st round picks and some other prospects would be doable. Especially if we have to trade Petey whereby we get multiple picks and prospects back. 

Stamkos would be another option. If Petey has to be traded you could get him for free this summer and keep all the assets from the Petey trade. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

For sure. I wouldn’t trade Lekkerimäki and Willander for Crosby. But a proposal including multiple 1st round picks and some other prospects would be doable.

Yes it could. Again, that's not what the discussion was.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Especially if we have to trade Petey whereby we get multiple picks and prospects back. 

Stamkos would be another option. If Petey has to be traded you could get him for free this summer and keep all the assets from the Petey trade. 

Panicky Pollyannas... "Petey doesn't want to extend!" 😱

It's far more likely we see a Petey extension this summer, than a trade for Crosby this TDL.

And if we did theoretically trade for Crosby, why doesn't Petey want to stay given that winning is his main focus?

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yes it could. Again, that's not what the discussion was.

Panicky Pollyannas... "Petey doesn't want to extend!" 😱

It's far more likely we see a Petey extension this summer, than a trade for Crosby this TDL.

And if we did theoretically trade for Crosby, why doesn't Petey want to stay given that winning is his main focus?

Not sure wining is the only thing Petey is concerned about. If it was he would have re-signed already. I think he wants the bag too…

I think whatever we do PA needs to find a way to get rid of the Poolman contract

Operating in LTIR is not ideal. It's preventing us from accruing cap space

Does anyone know if there's any limitations to tradi g LTIR players mid season?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not sure wining is the only thing Petey is concerned about. If it was he would have re-signed already. I think he wants the bag too…

He stated at the beginning of the season he wasn't discussing or signing an extension in season. Why/how would he have re-signed already, given that information?

I repeat, panicky Pollyannas.

panic-dog.gif

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1

Such a pipe dream, but I would actually sell quite a bit for 2 years of Crosby.  Especially if they retained to make him fit for say Kuzmenko’s salary. 

2 1sts + Kuzmenko + Lekkerimaki.

Then just plan to blow it all up and rebuild in 26/27 if the lack of prospects sinks us. 😅

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Such a pipe dream, but I would actually sell quite a bit for 2 years of Crosby.  Especially if they retained to make him fit for say Kuzmenko’s salary. 

2 1sts + Kuzmenko + Lekkerimaki.

Then just plan to blow it all up and rebuild in 26/27 if the lack of prospects sinks us. 😅

Only two players I would trade a 1st and Willander/Lekkeramaki for and that’s Crosby or Eriksson Ek.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2