[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile is going to the Hawks and clearing all his cap. Empties have spoken, all bow 🙇‍♀️

I think moving happy banana dude now while we can is the right move.

I hope we ink Zadorov first tho.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yup. Really like what Big Z brings. He and Joshua are the two most important UFAs to get done, IMHAO. 

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Really like what Big Z brings. He and Joshua are the two most important UFAs to get done, IMHAO. 

I'm not convinced that Joshua won't regress if given a big extension. I get Pearson vibes.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm not convinced that Joshua won't regress if given a big extension. I get Pearson vibes.

then probably not worth giving him a large contract. 

• ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

then probably not worth giving him a large contract. 

I'm hopeful that Joshua and Blueger both re-sign reasonable 2 year deals. That third line has been solid for us, and hopefully we can keep them together at as reasonable cost.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Rumour/Speculation] We're Doing a Thing! Top 6 Forward + Kuzy Woes Edition {Pre-TDL} Update: 1/29 - Kuzy to the Hawks?
1 hour ago, ngoway said:

I'm hopeful that Joshua and Blueger both re-sign reasonable 2 year deals. That third line has been solid for us, and hopefully we can keep them together at as reasonable cost.

I don’t know what boeser might be asking for on his next contract but looking at the possibilities of moving him this summer for a high value return rather than having him for another season before walking like a rental for nothing or over paying to keep him, we could make sure we keep our depth guys rolling and insert lekkerimaki and possibly other young talent into top 6 from a boeser trade in the years following to keep us competitive in the cap window, love boes but think he’s playing himself off the team in a good way atm.

7 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I don’t know what boeser might be asking for on his next contract but looking at the possibilities of moving him this summer for a high value return rather than having him for another season before walking like a rental for nothing or over paying to keep him, we could make sure we keep our depth guys rolling and insert lekkerimaki and possibly other young talent into top 6 from a boeser trade in the years following to keep us competitive in the cap window, love boes but think he’s playing himself off the team in a good way atm.

I get the feeling that as long as he's healthy and he keeps putting in the work, I could see him sticking around for a bit longer. Especially if we can start filling out the roster with younger guys on their entry level contracts, that could allow us to keep Boeser around for a bit longer. I can also see Boeser wanting to stick around too and being willing to take slightly less.

• Cheers 1

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Rumour/Speculation] We're Doing a Thing! Top 6 Forward {Pre-TDL} Update: 1/29 - Kuzy to the Hawks and an Early Goodbye for Zadorov?
2 minutes ago, Dom said:

Friedman suggesting Kuzmenko to Chicago. I highly doubt Kuzmenko waives his modified NT for the Hawks but who knows. 

Playing with Bedard might entice him for his next contract extension. Thing is, what would Chicago even give up for him? 

Just now, Jester13 said:

Playing with Bedard might entice him for his next contract extension. Thing is, what would Chicago even give up for him? 

We want to free up space, likely picks. 

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Just now, Dom said:

This only makes sense of Chicago gives us something worthwhile to flip for immediate help.  Just taking Kuz out of our lineup for cap space isn't useful for a team contending for a Cup.  They have three 2nd round picks.  Maybe just give us their 2nd which is almost like a low 1st rounder.

From there, we better have a helluva plan in place to spend $5.5M in cap space for top 6 help.

I honestly won't be shocked if we see a new top 6 before the all star break ends. Allvin and Rutherford have been shown to make moves and make them fast. 

Edited by Dom

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I honestly won't be shocked if we see a new top 6 before the all star break ends. Allvin and Rutherford have been shown to make moves and make them fast. 

Lindholm for our 1st and CHI's 2nd Round Pick (from the Kuz deal).  Done.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Move Zadorov and Soucy gets injured = FAIL.  We can't afford to lose D depth.

canucks will bring in tanev along with lindholm. 

if kuzmenko and zadorov are both going, I don't expect mikheyev to be far behind either. fill his speed/energy role with brandon tanev and maybe you somehow still have cash left for scoring on the wing. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Move Zadorov and Soucy gets injured = FAIL.  We can't afford to lose D depth.

Seems weird to move Z, when they just acquired him… maybe asking for too much? Still getting rid of that size, while seeing how Soucy gets hurt so often, doesn’t make sense. But also, maybe a smart move since he was so sought after? Exciting time of year!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

canucks will bring in tanev along with lindholm. 

if kuzmenko and zadorov are both going, I don't expect mikheyev to be far behind either. fill his speed/energy role with brandon tanev and maybe you somehow still have cash left for scoring on the wing. 

I think it's possible to bring Lindholm and Tanev in without moving any of our D.  Will take CGY retaining 50%, and a 3rd party retaining 50% on Tanev as well so he comes in at $1.125M along with Lindholm at $4.85M = $5.975M total.

Kuz out = $5.5M

Karlsson back down to Abby, and we're cap compliant.

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Mikheyev

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Aman-Suter-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev

Zadorov-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

I'm not keen on the Canucks moving Zadorov but it certainly makes for interesting speculation.

Considering the ARI player O'Brien was still running around stupidly on the ice a few games ago, I don't think Zadorov is a true deterrent despite his size and hitting ability. I liked his addition to the D core though, but if he's actually being shopped, then maybe the Canucks feel like they can both find a better replacement AND sell him for more than he cost?

Kuz to CHI is certainly plausible outside of Kuz's NTC, but who knows?

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I think it's possible to bring Lindholm and Tanev in without moving any of our D.  Will take CGY retaining 50%, and a 3rd party retaining 50% on Tanev as well so he comes in at $1.125M along with Lindholm at $4.85M = $5.975M total.

I'm on board, but I also see the russian triumvirate as the easiest pieces to subtract in the interest of cap savings without having a major effect on the team's performance. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

If we're looking at Monahan and offer a 1st+, maybe we could get Josh Anderson in the deal.  That would take care of all our biggest needs up front.

I think the Rangers have identified him as a strong need and will end up snagging him out of Montreal.