[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

8 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I'm not keen on the Canucks moving Zadorov but it certainly makes for interesting speculation.

Considering the ARI player O'Brien was still running around stupidly on the ice a few games ago, I don't think Zadorov is a true deterrent despite his size and hitting ability. I liked his addition to the D core though, but if he's actually being shopped, then maybe the Canucks feel like they can both find a better replacement AND sell him for more than he cost?

Kuz to CHI is certainly plausible outside of Kuz's NTC, but who knows?

In fairness, O'Brien doesn't have a brain, so he'd run around stupidly regardless of who else is on the ice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In fairness, O'Brien doesn't have a brain, so he'd run around stupidly regardless of who else is on the ice.

"Is that Mike Tyson that just came over the boards....duuuhh let me at'em coach"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Zadorov has become to big a part of this team, physically and emotionally. He's a real protector out there and I can't see the Canucks letting his physicality leave at this point. I think they will move Kuzmenko if they have a dance partner for him, probably to get the assets necessary to do the other upgrades, kind of like we did to get Zadorov in the first place.

I really think that we will see the Canucks make a move before the team resumes play on Feb 6th. It's the way JR often does things, avoid the last minute rush, get the player you want early enough to really make a difference.

I agree. They targeted Zadorov so he will definitely stay on the team and will be a beast in the playoffs. 

I can see a Kuzmenko trade to Chicago. They need scoring badly to surround Bedard for next season and they won’t get it all just by signing UFA’s. they have tons of draft picks so can afford to give us their own 2nd round pick for this year. 

The Canucks then would have $5.5 million in cap space plus the second round pick to add to their 2024 1st round pick to go after Lindholm, Guentzel or Buchnevich. 

I think this is the plan. Buchnevich would be my first choice as he isn’t a pure rental and can play all 3 forward positions. 

• Like 4

Zadorov + Kuzmenko is almost identical cap hits to Lindholm and Tanev.

If Calgary has no interest in retaining that’s how you’d have to get it done.

I agree that Zadorov is a great player to have for the playoffs, but if we can pay less with no retention and upgrade our top 6 while maintaining a strong defense it might make sense.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Cole Tanev

Very balanced and I would argue Cole/Tanev gives us an actual shutdown pair.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Zadorov + Kuzmenko is almost identical cap hits to Lindholm and Tanev.

If Calgary has no interest in retaining that’s how you’d have to get it done.

I agree that Zadorov is a great player to have for the playoffs, but if we can pay less with no retention and upgrade our top 6 while maintaining a strong defense it might make sense.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Cole Tanev

Very balanced and I would argue Cole/Tanev gives us an actual shutdown pair.

No thanks. Just because cap hits might be identical, it doesn't mean it's something we should do.

If I had the choice between keeping Zadorov or trading for Tanev, I'm picking Zadorov. No offense to Tanev as he's a great player but I'm thinking more long term.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

No thanks. Just because cap hits might be identical, it doesn't mean it's something we should do.

If I had the choice between keeping Zadorov or trading for Tanev, I'm picking Zadorov. No offense to Tanev as he's a great player but I'm thinking more long term.

Long term they might have discussed what Zadorov wants for an extension and have no interest.

Tanev on the other hand would probably sign here for a reasonable price, that’s the difference.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

Here are the lineups as of now, leaving out spots for potential additions/subtractions. 

xxxx - Miller - Boeser 

xxxx - Petey - xxxx 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Suter - Aman - Lafferty 

Forwards to add: 

Top 6 trade target, Hoglander, Kuzy, Mikheyev

It really looks like we have a solid bottom six, but with two guys in Mikheyev and Kuzmenko who aren't scoring our top six needs work. Hoglander has been referenced as a trade chip multiple times, and I think he'd struggle to find ice time again if we add a Guentzel or Lindholm if he can't find a permanent top six role. 

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Myers 

Cole/xxxx - xxxx

Juulsen 

I know they want another RHD ala Tanev, but the news that we may move Zaddy is new to me. Depth becomes a concern but this management group is clearly cutthroat. 

5 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Not Chicago related, but all aboard the Tuch train again? That way we wouldn't have to risk paying up for a Lindholm or Guentzel and then potentially losing them the next year/having to sign them for a ton.

Tuch is their future captain. He's as available as Tom Wilson is, which is not at all. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Long term they might have discussed what Zadorov wants for an extension and have no interest.

Tanev on the other hand would probably sign here for a reasonable price, that’s the difference.

Based on what though... just saying "might"? Sorry but "might" doesn't justify the means.

Just now, Pears said:

I honestly think this Zadorov "rumour", if you even want to call it that, is nothing more than Elliotte just spitballing ways for giving us more cap flexibility. 

Could also be a negotiation tactic to bring his contract demands down. Stay for a reasonable price or we'll trade you off of a cup contender

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Pears said:

I honestly think this Zadorov "rumour", if you even want to call it that, is nothing more than Elliotte just spitballing ways for giving us more cap flexibility. 

Im pretty sure we can make a deal just but trading Kuzmenko no?

It would involve Calgary retaining 50% on Tanev but I think we have enough room when you add the 750k extra of Kuzmenko’s contract.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Based on what though... just saying "might"? Sorry but "might" doesn't justify the means.

If they moved on this quickly from Zadorov not hard to deduct that it’s because they don’t plan to extend him.

Looking ahead to next season and the season after they need defensemen. Myers, Cole, and Zadorov are off the books.

I have no doubt Tanev would sign here. He never wanted to leave, it’s well known by those who know.

16 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

The only thing I’ve seen on zadorov is from that loser taj who doesn’t want him in Vancouver, is there any actual supporting sources or is it just fans that don’t want zad ?

I could be in the minority but Zadorov as much as he fills a need for depth on the blue line I don't think he is a fit here longer term. He can be physical sure and eat up some minutes but he is not a hard enough checker in front of the net which surprised me a little when I first started seeing this. I think Myers is above him in the depth chart and if we are looking at who the organization may want to try and bring back.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If they moved on this quickly from Zadorov not hard to deduct that it’s because they don’t plan to extend him.

Looking ahead to next season and the season after they need defensemen. Myers, Cole, and Zadorov are off the books.

I have no doubt Tanev would sign here. He never wanted to leave, it’s well known by those who know.

Again though, you're saying "if" they moved on... meaning we don't know. Where's the proof of us moving on from him?

Then there's Tanev where you have no doubt he'd sign here; however, no offense, but you're just a regular person with an opinion who evidently likes Tanev.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think Myers is not a sure thing as being gone. The team really likes him and he loves being here, that could influence dollars being left on the table. Cole I could see returning here.

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think Myers is not a sure thing as being gone. The team really likes him and he loves being here, that could influence dollars being left on the table. Cole I could see returning here.

If Myers wants to stay, I say offer him a 2x2 and tell him to take it or leave it. 

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Again though, you're saying "if" they moved on... meaning we don't know. Where's the proof of us moving on from him?

Then there's Tanev where you have no doubt he'd sign here; however, no offense, but you're just a regular person with an opinion who evidently likes Tanev.

No. actually it’s an opinion shared by many local media who actually have conversations with the players and their agents.

Well that’s the whole thing being discussed here. Friedman is the one who brought up Zadorov. And it makes sense if they were trying to free up lots of cap because he would be fairly easy to move.

Edited by DeNiro

10 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Tuch is their future captain. He's as available as Tom Wilson is, which is not at all. 

I could see management using the same approach that they did with Hronek. At least make the call to place it on their minds, and then if/when things continue to slide for Buffalo, maybe they'll consider it 🤣