[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Trade with CAL

Lindolm for 1st 2024 + Kuz + Bains (some B prospect)

Trade with PIT

Guentzel for 1st 2025 + Mik + Woo (some B prospect)

EP Miller Boeser

Guentzel Lindholm Hogz

Joshua Blueger Garland

Laffy Suter Aman

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I want Zadorov over Tanev every day in the playoffs. The amount of love Tanev gets around here.. smh. The guy cant even move the puck. Worse than Myers in that category.

Tanev is made of glass dude was always injured - Zad is a beast 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:02 PM, Honkin Hronek said:

During the intermission last night, Elliotte Friedman said that we're looking at 5-6 top 6 forwards, two of which are Lindholm and Guentzel. So, in this Pre-TDL edition of the "Do the Thing!" series, I ask you the following questions. 

1) Who are the other 3-4 guys? 

2) What are we going to give up? 

3) How do we make cap space to bring these guys in?  

4) What is one under-the-radar pickup that we'll make to shore up our depth? 

and 5) What's your post-deadline lineup?

I'll attempt to answer these questions given Allvin and Rutherford's typical trading MO. 

1) Who else?

C Boone Jenner - CBJ (3 years including this one x3.75)

C Casey Mittlestadt - BUF (1x2.5) [RFA]

C Yanni Gourde - SEA (2x5.17)

RW Drake Batherson - OTT (4x4.975)

HM to Buchnevich, Henrique, Norris

2) Pieces I think the team would be willing to part with are: 

- Either 2024/2025 First Round Pick 

- 2024 Mid Round Picks

- 2025 Late Round Picks 

- Lekkerimaki if getting young, under contract forward 

- Vasily Podkolzin, Aatu Raty, Linus Karlsson, Hunter Brzustewicz and/or lesser prospects

- One of Ilya Mikheyev/Andrei Kuzmenko 

3) Cap? 

Referring back to the above, I see us moving one of Mikheyev or Kuzmenko out in a money-in/money-out deal, or dealt for cheap to a bottom feeder to help fill seats and support young talent. Think San Jose, Chicago, etc. 

4) Under the radar depth move

I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be interested in Brandon Duhaime from Minnesota. 26 year old 6'2, 200lbs left winger currently playing on their 4th line, and tough as nails. I've liked him for the last couple years and think he'd be a great pickup as depth, and could also be re-signed to replace Dakota Joshua if he walks. Currently makes 1.1 million dollars. Another option is 29 year old 6'2, 200lbs RHD Ilya Lyubushkin of Anaheim. He has a 2.75 million dollar cap hit, but Anaheim could easily retain 50%

5) 

Mikheyev - Petey - Batherson 

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Duhaime - Suter - Lafferty

Aman 

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Myers 

Zadorov - Lyubushkin

Cole, Juulsen 

Demko 

DeSmith 

Waiving Friedman/PDG when healthy makes this team cap compliant according to capfriendly.

Have fun!

One player I've had my eye on is Dmitri Voronkov from Columbus.

He has a fairly complete game but may not be the biggest producer. 

He could be a great compliment to a second line.

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Not to mention the fact that we went out of our way to acquire him. I don’t think our management is into treating players like pokemon cards 

Another very good point. They sought him out, when he was on the radar of various other teams. As soon as you trade a Zadorov type player, you end up looking for one. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, Komodo0921 said:

One player I've had my eye on is Dmitri Voronkov from Columbus.

He has a fairly complete game but may not be the biggest producer. 

He could be a great compliment to a second line.

Kekalainen has been GM in Columbus for 11 years and he has brought them to tie for 28th place in the NHL.  Hardly a stellar record.  Rumours that he and his group will be fired at the end of the season so there's doubt that ownership will allow him to make any deals.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Pass. Prime Tanev maybe but not this version. We have plenty of other defenders better than him imo

so? that's not the point. the point is playoff depth. 

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Kekalainen has been GM in Columbus for 11 years and he has brought them to tie for 28th place in the NHL.  Hardly a stellar record.  Rumours that he and his group will be fired at the end of the season so there's doubt that ownership will allow him to make any deals.  

Whatever deals CBJ makes going forward will certainly have to be approved by Kekalainen’s bosses beforehand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Trade with CAL

Lindolm for 1st 2024 + Kuz + Bains (some B prospect)

Trade with PIT

Guentzel for 1st 2025 + Mik + Woo (some B prospect)

EP Miller Boeser

Guentzel Lindholm Hogz

Joshua Blueger Garland

Laffy Suter Aman

Trading away 2 Mil$$$tein ????

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Have we saw this in the near past??????

Yup. We got a third for New Beau. Likely get a second for Kuz Missile. Rebuilding puck sucker teams need exciting players to sell tickets. Kuz Missile is perfect for that. Plus, he’s super cute. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

One of the problems I have throwing trades around is that we’re in 1st place and looking pretty good doing it. 

Carving out cap space means moving players out who are part of a good thing, then you need to pay deadline prices to bring in the replacement piece.

If Chicago is truly interested in Kuz, that presents the best opportunity I’ve seen so far.  Opening up that 5.5 mil of space plus getting an asset (even a 2nd) would  be pretty good - and in line with how PA has operated thus far.  

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The idea that the Canucks will trade Zadorov may be one of the worst hot takes the rumor mill has dredged up. Why would Alvin trade away a player of his capabilities when they intend on getting into the playoffs? What purpose does it serve to literally and figuratively weaken the blue line?

Zadorov is exactly the type of defenseman that any team would want for a playoff run. 

Yeah. I can’t see us moving any of our D.  

We might add some depth but the idea of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy and Cole throwing their weight around is pretty enticing - especially given our smaller forward group.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2