[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 hours ago, Screw said:

There’s no way the Canucks move Zadorov. He was a target of theirs for quite some time, and he has played well and provided a much needed physical edge to the defence. 

I see Lindholm fetching a similar price to what the Canucks paid for

Toffoli.  I think it’s a trade they could

pull off if they have the cap.

Cap dump Mik

use that for Lindy

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I feel like Giroux would be the perfect veteran partner for Petey.

If there’s any way to pry him out of Ottawa he would be my number 1 target.

I've been thinking about Giroux as well and I'd really like him too. He'd be #3 on my wishlist behind Guentzel and Lindholm. 

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

The last time the Canucks were trying to free cap space, we traded for Zadorov right after.

I wonder if management has a trade ready to go again, just looking to free cap space. 

My cap dump would be Mik as a trade for a 2nd. 

or Myers (or Mik) on ltir $$

ergo grab a power forward 💪 

On 1/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, BabychStache said:

Ok ok. Let’s play armchair never gonna happen scenario:

to Van: Crosby 

to Pitts: Kuz+ 24 1st + Lekkerimaki/Willander.

This will only work if Sid goes to Dubas and requests this personally to get a shot at another cup.

Petey - Miller - Boeser 

Hog - Crosby - Lafferty/Suter

Garland-Blue-Joshua

Mik- Suter/Laff- Aman 

Thats a handful!! Would like 1 nasty 4th liner for depth. 

No.. no…and NO!! Look at what you’re giving away for a guy that’s a lot older,one concussion away from retirement and your offering all that? 🫨

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

No.. no…and NO!! Look at what you’re giving away for a guy that’s a lot older,one concussion away from retirement and you’re offering all that? 🫨

Yes. I want the cup once in my lifetime. No matter what it takes. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

No.. no…and NO!! Look at what you’re giving away for a guy that’s a lot older,one concussion away from retirement and your offering all that? 🫨

Crosby has 50pts in 47 games.  He has never gone below a ppg.  It’s a sure bet for this season and next that he will continue being a ppg.

Thats 2 good chances at the cup.  

11 hours ago, zduck14 said:

I actually like Suter on the wing in the top 6. I don't think he's a 2nd line center for sure but as a winger, he's got the talent to keep up and produce in a top 6 role at a very reasonable price. To me, the ideal moves would be sending Kuzmenko to CHI for the cap space and then trading for Lindholm (possibly at 50% retained) and Vatrano.

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Lindholm-Petey-Vatrano

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Lafferty-Hoglander

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Cole

To me, this would be as deep of a lineup as any team in the NHL. Having Mikheyev and Hoglander on a 4th line would be absolutely insane depth.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking to add two top 6 guys at the deadline. I don’t think they’d ideally want Suter as a regular top 6.

I’d spread it out a little and keep Mikheyev in the top 6. Even though he’s struggled he still brings a ton of speed and can get in on the forecheck.

Vatrano Miller Boeser

Libdholm Pettersson Mikheyev 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Lafferty 

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking to add two top 6 guys at the deadline. I don’t think they’d ideally want Suter as a regular top 6.

I’d spread it out a little and keep Mikheyev in the top 6. Even though he’s struggled he still brings a ton of speed and can get in on the forecheck.

Vatrano Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Lafferty 

Something like Vatrano and Lindholm or Guentzel and Bjugstad. With G&B you have:

Guentzel, Petey, Bjugstad

Mik, Miller, Boeser

Joshua, Blueger, Garland

Hoglander, Suter, Lafferty

Aman

That's legit contender depth/quality

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Big Z is a big part of this team. No way they trade him.

I mean if they don’t love his fit and his contract wants for next season are too high I guess it would make sense. And feel they can upgrade the roster in other ways it could make sense I guess.

he wouldn’t be hard to move.

but with soucy hurt and the final stretch of schedule, intensity and quality of team ramping up hard to imagine shipping him out when the most physical

hockey is approaching.

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I mean if they don’t love his fit and his contract wants for next season are too high I guess it would make sense. And feel they can upgrade the roster in other ways it could make sense I guess.

he wouldn’t be hard to move.

but with soucy hurt and the final stretch of schedule, intensity and quality of team ramping up hard to imagine shipping him out when the most physical

hockey is approaching.

1) They do love his fit. His size and physicality is what you need to win in the playoffs. RT will fight tooth and nail to keep this guy. 

2) Soucy being hurt does not matter. You need 10 NHL defenders in your system to win this Cup. That’s what they say. Big Z is not only a defender but a quality one that fits in the regular lineup. 

My guess is that our D will remain and folks from our forward and prospect line up will be moved to upgrade the top 6.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, cripplereh said:

They have to talk about something, BS I guess in the best thing to talk about.

Why not start another that we are going to be seller and rebuild lmfao.

With no (Canucks) hockey for a week, the media needs to generate clicks...expecting it to get to fever pitch with ridiclous trade ruours and speculation.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, tas said:

yikes, brutal take. tanev is an excellent, efficient puck mover. 

And Zadorov provides more size and grit. Both players are good in what they do and I don't see why someone can't prefer Zadorov over Tanev just as much as why someone can't prefer Tanev over Zadorov. It depends on the kind of defenseman you want in the end.

Neither's a brutal take.

Edited by The Lock

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

And Zadorov provides more size and grit. Both players are good in what they do and I don't see why someone can't prefer Zadorov over Tanev just as much as why someone can't prefer Tanev over Zadorov. It depends on the kind of defenseman you want in the end.

Neither's a brutal take.

he's entitled to prefer marc andre bergeron for all I care, but saying tanev can't move the puck is a brutal take, objectively. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Vatrano Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Lafferty 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Something like Vatrano and Lindholm or Guentzel and Bjugstad. With G&B you have:

Guentzel, Petey, Bjugstad

Mik, Miller, Boeser

Joshua, Blueger, Garland

Hoglander, Suter, Lafferty

Aman

That's legit contender depth/quality

I think the cap might be an issue?

Just now, tas said:

he's entitled to prefer marc andre bergeron for all I care, but saying tanev can't move the puck is a brutal take, objectively. 

I'll agree with that part where he's discrediting Tanev's skating as being a weird take. I don't disagree with preferring Zadorov though.

Fair?

1 minute ago, tas said:

Tanev is underrated when it comes to his puck moving ability.  His first pass out of the zone is actually really good.  Not elite, but it's definitely above average.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'll agree with that part where he's discrediting Tanev's skating as being a weird take. I don't disagree with preferring Zadorov though.

Fair?

nothing could really matter less to me. people can prefer who they want. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think the cap might be an issue?

Deniro's for sure would likely require some sizable cap retention. Mine I think would work +/- some moving bits/lesser retention/LTIR etc, if we ship out Kuz and Myers and add Guentz, Bjug and Tanev.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Fair?

Completely different players. Tanev''s by FAR a better D man. But he also doesn't have Zad's size/hitting/grit, is older, more expensive and has way more/harder miles on him.

Just now, aGENT said:

Completely different players. Tanev''s by FAR a better D man. But he also doesn't have Zad's size/hitting/grit, is older, more expensive and has way more/harder miles on him.

Not to mention, we have Hughes and Hronek when it comes to moving pucks around. That's also partially why I prefer Zadorov: he brings things to the table we don't have otherwise.