[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not to mention, we have Hughes and Hronek when it comes to moving pucks around. That's also partially why I prefer Zadorov: he brings things to the table we don't have otherwise.

I'd prefer to have both personally. In fact, I hope that's what we see next year (if this TDL isn't in the cards). Tanev would be an EXCELLENT vet stop gap while Willander develops (on top of keeping Zad). They'd likely even make a good pairing.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Crosby has 50pts in 47 games.  He has never gone below a ppg.  It’s a sure bet for this season and next that he will continue being a ppg.

Thats 2 good chances at the cup.  

Crobsy is to the Pens what the twins were to us, He's not going anywhere and will prob retire a Pen. Plus he's already got his cups.

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd prefer to have both personally. In fact, I hope that's what we see next year (if this TDL isn't in the cards). Tanev would be an EXCELLENT vet stop gap while Willander develops (on top of keeping Zad). They'd likely even make a good pairing.

I think a shutdown pair of Cole - Tanev would be insane too. I imagine those two could match against anyone during the playoffs and eat some serious hard minutes. Then that puts Zadorov - Myers back together, but their mins would be the lowest of the 3 pairs by a long shot. Maybe Kuzmenko for a 2nd to Chicago and then flip that and add to it to get Tanev? Than they can activate Soucy before the playoffs and have the deepest Defense ever in Canucks history. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, awalk said:

I wouldn't sell low on Kuzmenko, but that's just me. If/when he gets going again, his skill is a critical for our top 6.

I do agree, maybe we’re better off trading Mikheyev in the offseason?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RockemSockem said:

I do agree, maybe we’re better off trading Mikheyev in the offseason?

Yeah exactly or maybe someone will bite on Garland after a solid season 

12 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Cap dump Mik

use that for Lindy

Keep in mind, Lindy is the Lames #1 C, 32 pts in 49 games, is a minus 8 and a UFA, who could walk and lose for nothing. 

We are not desperate. 

We shouldn't be selling the farm. 

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not to mention, we have Hughes and Hronek when it comes to moving pucks around. That's also partially why I prefer Zadorov: he brings things to the table we don't have otherwise.

Yeah other teams are really going to be scared of Tanev in the playoffs!!!! When Petey is getting punched in the head after the whistle I doubt Tanev is coming to the rescue. Big Z allows are team to play "bigger" and not shy away from the rough stuff. Tanev is old and done. Wouldn't give up anything to get him. Big Z is night and day better!

Edit -  Also wth was that Don Taylor bit about rumblings Z isn't meshing well in the room? Load of crap that is, the guy has been extremely well liked and popular with his teammates everywhere he's been. He has fought for Petey and stuck up for our players. Guys love that. Terrible take trying to stir the pot and I actually like Donnie.

Edited by Outsiders
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, awalk said:

I wouldn't sell low on Kuzmenko, but that's just me. If/when he gets going again, his skill is a critical for our top 6.

People keep saying this, but his value isn't going to go up. It'll only go down the further we move away from his 39 goal season. He's not a fit for the team and hasn't been a fit no matter what we've tried. They've been trying to get him going literally all year. I don't think there's this magical moment where things are going to click.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

People keep saying this, but his value isn't going to go up. It'll only go down the further we move away from his 39 goal season. He's not a fit for the team and hasn't been a fit no matter what we've tried. They've been trying to get him going literally all year. I don't think there's this magical moment where things are going to click.

Yeah could be the case. His skill is still very evident when he actually uses it though. I wouldn't hold out hope that he ever gets back to the 39 goals level of trade value, but I do hold out hope that he could be very effective in the lineup again 

16 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Yeah other teams are really going to be scared of Tanev in the playoffs!!!! When Petey is getting punched in the head after the whistle I doubt Tanev is coming to the rescue. Big Z allows are team to play "bigger" and not shy away from the rough stuff. Tanev is old and done. Wouldn't give up anything to get him. Big Z is night and day better!

Edit -  Also wth was that Don Taylor bit about rumblings Z isn't meshing well in the room? Load of crap that is, the guy has been extremely well liked and popular with his teammates everywhere he's been. He has fought for Petey and stuck up for our players. Guys love that. Terrible take trying to stir the pot and I actually like Donnie.

Don Taylor is old and bitter now.  He was on the blow it up bandwagon last year and was always going at it with Dhaliwal.  I used to love Don Taylor, he just seems like an old grumpy man these days.  Hopefully I don't get like him when I'm his age...

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, awalk said:

Yeah could be the case. His skill is still very evident when he actually uses it though. I wouldn't hold out hope that he ever gets back to the 39 goals level of trade value, but I do hold out hope that he could be very effective in the lineup again 

I am with you, ideally we move Mikheyev to find cap for a true 2C. But I dunno. I think even with the way Kuzy is playing, the fact he only has 1 year left on his deal and has had a 30 goal season. He probably still carries far more trade value than Mikheyev. If we want to improve the roster the only real trade option is Kuzy, and the sooner the better. Probably for both parties. I think Kuzy would really benefit from a new situation, ideally one where the coach isn't more of a hard nosed two way guy.

• Like 1

I'm curious, what kind of moves did the most recent Cup winners make? I have a feeling that not many made big splashes and the teams that did fizzled out early in the playoffs.

Team chemistry is important and our success right now is thanks to the guys we have now.

If we make any moves, I'd like to either have a player that will be here for more than just a playoff run or not pay through the roof and add some depth role players instead of the big fish.

• Like 1

I don't think JR is looking to do anything big guys. Like a piece or two added with no major pieces going

out. As to trading Zadorov or Kuzy I don't think its on the table. Like maybe just maybe I could see Kuzy

but no way to Zadorov. As to Kuz I just cannot see a GM trading an asset before you even know what

you have. Kuz has a really high ceiling and I dont think GR is going to trade Kuz until we have a complete

valuation on him. Is he a regular 30 goal guy or 50? There is huge difference in the possible return and 

besides I love the guys character. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of Tanev and one or two more support players. I would love to see

Jamie Ben come on this team. Imo it would be the perfect thing to gel it all together.

For me if Im GM:

Im taking a swing at getting Jamie Ben on this team Dallas would do it because the core is shifting. We 

could use his swagger and I think him and Miller would Gel with Boeser.

Im getting Tanev or Chychrun.

Then im hunting for 1 or two more checking/energy players. We need another rogue like Garland a Rutuu or 

Cooke type that can score and serve a role on the team. 

12 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

I'm curious, what kind of moves did the most recent Cup winners make? I have a feeling that not many made big splashes and the teams that did fizzled out early in the playoffs.

Team chemistry is important and our success right now is thanks to the guys we have now.

If we make any moves, I'd like to either have a player that will be here for more than just a playoff run or not pay through the roof and add some depth role players instead of the big fish.

Vegas acquired Barbashev and Blueger.

Colorado acquired Manson, Lehkonen, Cogliano, and Sturm

Depth is key however those teams already had deeper top 6’s than we have.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We have our bottom six depth, its the remove and replacing of Kuzmenko that is the only thing that should happen

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

None of those guys were the big fish at the time were they? Barbashev, Manson and Lehkonen are examples of guys that stayed longer than being a playoff rental which is what I was alluding to if we are looking to move assets. And I don't think any of them took really big contracts. Blueger, Cogliano and Sturm are all depth guys.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd probably stay away from guys like Lindholm and Tanev because they are short term solutions that will cost too much to acquire and it may not pan out that well in the end.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, BabychStache said:

Ok ok. Let’s play armchair never gonna happen scenario:

to Van: Crosby 

to Pitts: Kuz+ 24 1st + Lekkerimaki/Willander.

This will only work if Sid goes to Dubas and requests this personally to get a shot at another cup.

Petey - Miller - Boeser 

Hog - Crosby - Lafferty/Suter

Garland-Blue-Joshua

Mik- Suter/Laff- Aman 

Thats a handful!! Would like 1 nasty 4th liner for depth. 

There must be a better option… than giving away your future… 

15 minutes ago, Johnny said:

We have our bottom six depth, its the remove and replacing of Kuzmenko that is the only thing that should happen

Yeah we need someone who is more defensively sound goes into the dirty areas willingly comes up with the puck… A beast of a player who has some offensive upside… Kuzmenko needs to be replaced for sure if we wanna go deep in the playoffs - if he doesn’t buy into the system completely, he’s gotta go…

Might need to acquire another defenceman for depth…

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah we need someone who is more defensively sound goes into the dirty areas willingly comes up with the puck… A beast of a player who has some offensive upside… Kuzmenko needs to be replaced for sure if we wanna go deep in the playoffs - if he doesn’t buy into the system completely, he’s gotta go…

Might need to acquire another defenceman for depth…

See i dont see the need for a defenseman is strong enough to move a player for. Basically if we get an upgrade on Kuz there isnt enough room unless we overpay for the other team to retain

5 minutes ago, Johnny said:

See i dont see the need for a defenseman is strong enough to move a player for. Basically if we get an upgrade on Kuz there isnt enough room unless we overpay for the other team to retain

You can never have 2 many d men…

D wins cups…

especially Big D…

that’s what she said…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS