[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

There's a difference though between considering something and pulling the trigger.

If we're really serious about contending, then we should focus on having the best lineup possible, which could still include not making a trade at the deadline if the potential trades that come up don't satisfy what we want. The best lineup possible does not necessarily mean we have to move out salary if the result makes us worse.

Simply put, it's silly to force things and assume we have to ship out money when we're currently 1st overall in the league. Therefore, I disagree with the urgency you and so many others seemingly want to place on this.

I think the best way to improve this roster is to add a centre that has a cap hit of $1Mish.  We would not take anything out of the lineup except for Aman and his 2 goals and 6 points.  Hard to believe that a centre added that has 10 goals and 30+ points wouldn't be an upgrade to our lineup... and by definition, the best lineup possible given the cap constraints.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

There's a difference though between considering something and pulling the trigger.

If we're really serious about contending, then we should focus on having the best lineup possible, which could still include not making a trade at the deadline if the potential trades that come up don't satisfy what we want. The best lineup possible does not necessarily mean we have to move out salary if the result makes us worse.

Simply put, it's silly to force things and assume we have to ship out money when we're currently 1st overall in the league. Therefore, I disagree with the urgency you seemingly want to place on this.

Hmm not sure how my previous remark equaled me putting urgency on making this trade. I even agreed with you saying we definitely don't have to trade Kuzmenko, but given his current play, that he might be the one to go.

I really like Kuzmenko as a player and what he brings to the team. But right now, he's not contributing much, and if we're serious about pushing for the cup, we're going to need all the help we can get. If there's a team that values Kuzmenko and has something in turn that we would value/helps improve our team, then that's just apart of the process and the Canucks doing their due diligence.

• Cheers 1

Just now, ngoway said:

Hmm not sure how my previous remark equaled me putting urgency on making this trade. I even agreed with you saying we definitely don't have to trade Kuzmenko, but given his current play, that he might be the one to go.

I really like Kuzmenko as a player and what he brings to the team. But right now, he's not contributing much, and if we're serious about pushing for the cup, we're going to need all the help we can get. If there's a team that values Kuzmenko and has something in turn that we would value/helps improve our team, then that's just apart of the process and the Canucks doing their due diligence.

Fair enough. I may have misread the rest of your post in thinking it meant urgency.

Also, for the record, I'm not against trading him either. If we get a deal with the right pieces coming back then I'm all for it. Given our history over the last year, it's even been refreshing to see us actually perform such trades where we actually get back good value. lol

But, the TDL can be a funny business at times, so I also hope that, if the trade's not there, we don't force a trade.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Fair enough. I may have misread the rest of your post in thinking it meant urgency.

Also, for the record, I'm not against trading him either. If we get a deal with the right pieces coming back then I'm all for it. Given our history over the last year, it's even been refreshing to see us actually perform such trades where we actually get back good value. lol

But, the TDL can be a funny business at times, so I also hope that, if the trade's not there, we don't force a trade.

All good! I think a lot of us are just confident in this management group and excited for what could happen leading up to the trade deadline haha. But at the same time worried about who we could lose because we are in such a great spot and have so many players (Kuzmenko being one of them).

Agreed 100% on not forcing a trade too, but continuing to make those smart moves that they've been making like with DeSmith, Lafferty, and Zadorov.

• Cheers 1

I'm ok with moving Kuzy but would be pissed if they trade Zads. His ability to bang heads is going to be needed in the playoffs when dickheads from other teams target Petey. Sounds like its all clickbait garbage about Zadorov anyway

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, WillisD said:

I'm ok with moving Kuzy but would be pissed if they trade Zads. His ability to bang heads is going to be needed in the playoffs when dickheads from other teams target Petey. Sounds like its all clickbait garbage about Zadorov anyway

Yep

I am not convince the Canucks are looking to move Zadorov unless it is a part of a deal to get cap space to acquire a good young player or defenseman with term. All this rumour is just people went online and putting his name out there as trade proposal.

If we really want to go for a run in the playoffs, it is absolutely necessary to have a Zadorov at the backend providing grit and physicality and make us a hard team to play against.

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Rumour] WE'RE DOING A THING - LINDHOLM TO VANOUVER
Just now, Honkin Hronek said:

HOLY SHIT PLEASE DON'T TRADE PIGGY

A defensive minded 2c like Lindholm would be nice - good matchup against other teams top line and let our other lines go to work...but it will be hard seeing Hogs or Podz go if they are involved.

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Rumour] WE'RE DOING A THING - LINDHOLM TO VANOUVER FOR KUZY+ (Weekes/Friedman)