[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Just now, Rekker said:

I wonder if we do trade for Lindholm, if he could possibly be extended? Would take some fandangling. But is it possible? Would be a perfect second line center. 

Yes it is.  Trust me 😄

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting tweet. Seems like he's saying Kuzmenko OR picks/prospects.

If its just Kuzmenko that would be a massive W.

Doubtful just Kuzzy.  A first draft is likely needed.  

We'll see.   In PA we trust 

Just now, Mac said:

Nope.

Garland is the reason we have the best 3rd line in hockey. Nope!

Garland is a $4.95m luxury we can't afford on our 3rd line if we wish to move the rest of the roster forward. Hoglander can replace 95% of what he does there at near 1/4 the cap hit next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ohhhhh maaaaaannn

This looks like it's going to get done.... Kuzy wiaves or not it'll get done...

Lindholm is exactly what we need.. he's the piece we need. 

If Kuzy doesn't waive NTC they'll trade him somewhere else and still get deal done with CGY

Yesssss !!!!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Jim McMahon said:

So kuz stays, where does that leave him on our depth chart? Tocchet obviously wants to keep him out of the top 6. 

Pretty sure Allvin sends him to San Jose or Chicago for a bag of pucks. 

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

Looks  like this is all but done, either way. 

If it's picks and prospects it'll be costly.  Would mean retention and probably a 3rd team involved as well for more retention.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ohhhhh maaaaaannn

This looks like it's going to get done.... Kuzy wiaves or not it'll get done...

Lindholm is exactly what we need.. he's the piece we need. 

If Kuzy doesn't waive NTC they'll trade him somewhere else and still get deal done with CGY

Yesssss !!!!

That second line has been a hole in the roster.  You bring him in hes great at face offs, great defensively, can pk and has shown he can produce when partnered with good players.

Lets see what the final cost is.  If its Kuzy and a pick the roster just got a lot stronger.

Edited by Darius
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t have a problem with trading Kuzmenko, but would prefer it not be to another Pacific division team. We know he has the ability to light it up, and knowing our luck, he will do so every game we play against him lol

But, if trading him means we don’t have to trade as many pics, I’m good with that. I don’t like the idea of going all in this year and sacrificing the future. We need to give ourselves a window not just a year, to win the cup 

• Cheers 1

Kuzzy isn't going to want to go to calgary. They are going to need to call up some of the bigger US teams to make it a 3-way if they want kuz moved.

I'd look at Washington or the Isles to see if he could go there and move assets to calgary.

It would take a lot for lindholm, probably one of the main prospects get moved (other ep, silovs, plus decent picks). We'd have to move salary too in order for it to work.