[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I don’t think so by a long shot. I think Kuzy will go back to ppg in calgary.

I don't doubt that.  He's going to get their best players as linemates,  favorable match ups, and primo ice time.  

But I also don't doubt that he'd be a NON factor for us in PO whereas EL is the exact player who will be a factor in a PO run.

Does anyone think Kuz was going to be playing meaningful minutes for us in the playoffs (or playing at all) considering how he was being utilized by the coaches?

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I hear you, I just simply don't care what the other teams look like or do with assets after we deal them. If you want to entice someone to take futures from Vancouver you sell high on Hunter B. 

The trades may not be realistic but the team adds a bottom six under contract next year at 2m in Bjugstad making the potential loss of two of Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty easier to handle and perhaps Tanev signs an extension.

Also one big component of the make up of the roster is 8 players can play center and take faceoffs etc.

Hey I’ve accepted it

im sad to lose hunter but super excited by the addition so looking forward!

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

It's a gamble because we don't even know how he'll do in the NHL. There probably wouldn't have been any spots on the Canucks for him anyway 

Watch him refuse to sign with Calgary. Pull a Fox buddy!

3 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Joulevi was just a bad pick. He was the benefactor of playing on a PP with Tkachuk, Marner and Dvorak. 

He was never drafted for his offence. Dude was a two way guy that injured his way outta the league. He wasn't some OHL offensive juggernaut. His numbers weren't even that good on that team. He was a steady two way guy. Ya know what, I am tired of trying to explain to you folks that use the Juolevi comparison wrong all the time.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Yes, what did we really give up? A healthy scratch, a late first practically a 2nd and scraps, low tier easily replaceable prospects and a conditional 4th.

Craig Conroys getting reemed 

For a pending UFA who wasn't going to re-sign.  Calgary got a solid to great return and Vancouver got stronger. Not sure why some people can't acknowledge when both teams do well in a trade 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Lol no. Kuzmenko can't score on average defense this year when playing with elite forwards.. you think he's going to score against Hughes or go into a corner with Big Z, while playing with Calgary plugs?

He'll bounce back without tocchet, especially if they let him set up at the side of the net. Still want him to end up on the caps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

That would be a mistake. Yes management appears to be going all in, but they aren't going to completely mortgage our future on one season. They are trying to build a dynasty, not a one season flash in the pan team

It would be, but I think we gave up 3 big assets for 1 player. I hope I’m wrong, but if we win a cup with Lindholm I guess I won’t care if Hunter is the next Fox  and Kuzmenko is ppg the next 5 years for the flames. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hunter B is not a top prospect though… his value is just high right now.

Lekkeramaki, Willander, and Podkolzin are top prospects.

If you didn’t want to trade him and Jurmo the alternative was likely Hoglander. Very glad we didn’t give him up.

Conroy needed a lot of names in the deal to change the channel on Dube.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

he plays on a stacked team in the ohl, it’s highly likely this is the best he ever plays,

And he's all offense no defense.

He wouldn't translate to the NHL on a Tocchet coached team..

I'm kinda surprised we paid so little in terms of prospects.. 

Definitely over sold Brzustewicz 

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

For a pending UFA who wasn't going to re-sign.  Calgary got a solid to great return and Vancouver got stronger. Not sure why some people can't acknowledge when both teams do well in a trade 

Yes, I’m not sure why were screaming “fleece” here.

It’s a good hockey trade for both teams. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

canucks have about 2.65million in space remaining for that final piece... once you remove a another 775k player... like friedman...

tanev still possible....

or Kessel instead of Suter on the 2nd line 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He is pretty good two-way player. Is likely our best two-way player. 

Tocchet will love him. 

Lindholm also coming to a good environment. Could see him regain that 40 goal pace. He will be getting #1PP time. 

If he regains a 40 goal pace this definitely a rental... but if he regains a 40 goal pace we might just win a Cup.  Then nothing else matters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BPA said:

OK.  Then make it $5.5-6M.  He’s typically a career 50-60pt player.  But there are 2 yrs when he got 80pts.

He is about to play on our top six.  If he can't score at an 80 point pace then we are in trouble.

26 minutes ago, Darius said:

You got to think that other teams were in on Lindholm too...Colorado...etc ...cost of doing business at this time of year.

Imo it's a really good price, especially if Lindholm is extended.

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So is Kuz a puck sucking/ bustaroo/crap doodle Calgary flamer now ?

Yup, that guy stinks. Won't score another 39 goals in his entire career.

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You wanted all in?

YOU GOT IT!

I dunno... lots of room to upgrade on Russian mike, and maybe get Tanev back if we're really lucky

• Like 1