[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can we be absolute greedy pricks and grab Monahan too??  Then we can have Petey, Lindholm, Blueger, and Monahan down the middle 😁

I think another RHD is next target..

Doesn't have to be top tier, 3rd pair RHD and a winger with physicality and truculence 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Kuz is a perimeter player who, in RT's system would likely be benched in PO.  HB has boom/bust potential,  who knows?  

EL is a Selke level player,  the EXACT player any legit PO team would want to add.  

We won this imo.

I don’t disagree, but it’s a short term win imo given he’s a rental. Canucks will be in a bind this off season with all the pending UFA’s, Petey’s contract extension and all that effing dead cap money from OEL’s buyout that will kick in. 
Cheap prospect depth is still the currency in the NHL so this is steep price. I don’t see them being able to resign him so this may truly be a be a one and done season. I hope not but…

Edited by MJDDawg

I'm optimistic since this front office pro scouting has been near perfect, and was able to jettison ones that didn't work.   

Hronek

Dakota

Bleuger

Suter

Soucy

DeSmith

Cole

Zadorov

Ilya 

Laffy

Misses:

Kuz (last yr was amazing)

Lazar

Studnika

That Russian guy who went back to Russia.  

(Beau, doesn't really count since he was pkg with Bo which they got Zadorov.)

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I think another RHD is next target..

Doesn't have to be top tier, 3rd pair RHD and a winger with physicality and truculence 

i feel like you just described a couple of brothers i can think of ... one currently lives a short jaunt down the i5 and the other a quick hop over the rockies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Ugh, I hate it when rumour threads are merged with with trade threads. Have to scan through each page to get to where the trade actually happened.

First impressions are it's an ok deal, but I'm on vacation and I'm not going to look too hard at all the implications.

But you don’t. I’ve recommended the official trade announcement at the top of the page. Start from there. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

There's always a risk with going on all in. Only one team will win the cup so i don't consider this to be a fail if we don't. I think we can make some noise in the playoffs this year after this move. This feels muuuuuuuch better than when we traded for OEL when we paid a price like we were going all in. 

I was one of those who was really upset when we gave up a first and second for Hronek because we were still a bottom team at the time. With where the team is at now, this was the right move in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

If we win the cup this will be worth it.  Otherwise I think its a fail.

There are so many guys to resign - Petey, Hronek, Boeser (next year), Joshua...etc.... I don't see how adding Lindholm to the list helps with everything.

We got OEL dead cap coming in at $5M x 2 in 2026 - 2027.  

I don't see how trading top picks / prospects is the right move.  People can crap all over Hunter B, but the fact was we were all very excited about him up until yesterday.

Personally I like Garland but at this point I think we have to pay more even draft capital to get him and Mik off the books in order to resign our major core pieces.  We are going to be very depleted.  

Not really, no.

Cole, Myers, Zadorov, Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty are all expiring, with likely Joshua, Zadorov, and maybe Blueger being the only ones we re sign.

If Lindholm wants a lot of money, he’s gone too, and that’s $5.5M of cap off the books.

2025-2027, we will have D-Petey, Willander, Lekkerimaki, and Podkolzin (assuming they’re still here) that will all be on ELC’s. Rutherford/Allvin also plan on having some of our Abby guys integrated into our line up in the next couple of years, so you will likely see Sasson/Raty/Bains or whatever iteration push for spots.

Boeser being resigned or not will be dependant on his play. 

We have nobody committed to a contract currently past 2027 other than Miller.

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1