[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

But you don’t. I’ve recommended the official trade announcement at the top of the page. Start from there. 

Oh, I guess that helps. That's what I get for reading after a day of sun in Tulum and late at night (it's almost 10 here).

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I don’t disagree, but it’s a short term win imo given he’s a rental. Canucks will be in a bind this off season with all the pending UFA’s, Petey’s contract extension and all that effing dead cap money from OEL’s buyout that will kick in. 
Cheap prospect depth is still the currency in the NHL so this is steep price. I don’t see them being able to resign him so this may truly be a be a one and done season. I hope not but…

It's about giving this team the best chance to take a run at the Cup.. 

Next year we worry about in the summer. 

This trade is all about the playoffs this season. 

Great trade.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Sportsnet saying we made a huge overpayment. But they said we were probably in a bidding war. 

The folks commenting on The Hockey Guy's page says overpayment as well.

But, if he re-signs, yeah it's worth the gamble.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

We gave up 3 medium assets. 

Kuzmenko- a player we would have likely gave away for free just to clear cap

Brzustewicz- a promising but unproven unknown

2024 1st- basically a 2nd round. Will be in the 29-32 overall range. 

It's a gamble, but it's the right gamble for sure

We’ll one thing I didn’t realize is that Lindholm is 15th in FO% amongst Centres with over 500 Faceoffs. 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Cole, Myers, Zadorov, Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty are all expiring, with likely Joshua, Zadorov, and maybe Blueger being the only ones we re sign.

Cole and Myers are both better dmen and wouldn't be asking for term or big money. Easy choice there 

• Vintage 1

We know that the lotto line is a bullet in the chamber, so I will be interested to see the mixing and matching Tocchet does to see who has chemistry.

To me it is either give Petterson a new top winger, or have Lindholm anchor a 2nd line to take on tough matchups and also score.

I would try:

Miller-Petterson-Suter

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Boeser

There is a chance that a new centre could spark Mikheyev who still hasn’t looked right or meshed with the existing guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

i feel like you just described a couple of brothers i can think of ... one currently lives a short jaunt down the i5 and the other a quick hop over the rockies. 

Damn you just made me nut in my Joe Boxers. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

The guy who made that tweet doesn't even know how many points Monahan has 35.... not 45

Not just that, almost half of Monahan's points are on the powerplay, 16 of his 35 points are on the powerplay. Lindholm only has 9 points on the powerplay, of his 32 points. If you don't think his powerplay production won't go up playing with Petey, Miller, and Hughes you're silly. I am hoping we see Lindholm with Petey. And Miller and Boeser back to the 2nd line. That gives us 2 very deadly lines.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

We gave up 3 medium assets. 

Kuzmenko- a player we would have likely gave away for free just to clear cap

Brzustewicz- a promising but unproven unknown

2024 1st- basically a 2nd round. Will be in the 29-32 overall range. 

It's a gamble, but it's the right gamble for sure

Assuming the 1st is definitely going to be that late is premature.  Looked what happened to a historically productive Boston team last year.  A 1st round exit isn't likely, but a possibility 

Didn't want Lindholm based on current form but if he can find his previous level of play here then I;m fine with the price.  Our pro scouting will have assessed where he's at in a pretty bad environment in Calgary so I defer to their judgment.  Even if he's mainly a shutdown, faceoff and pk guy at this stage, that's still a more useful palyer than Kuz has been for us this year.  If he can fit in in PP1 and play with Petey, it's a win.  Not worried about an extension,just how it works out for this year.

• Cheers 1