[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

He'll be much better here.

He'll play with better players and have less responsibility 

I expect him to get back to Selke form Ike he was last 2 seasons. Top 10 in Sleke voting last 2 season. 2nd and 10th. 

The road through the west will likely involve Edm/VGK/Col .   You need a defensive/shutdown centre that can keep up offensively to matchup against those teams.  This was a big piece. 

• Upvote 2

Well the fact that Lindholm's was on a team that's overall doing poorer than expected... it would make sense as to why he'd be playing poorer as well. He also has scored a point per game when his team's doing well. Therefore, this could be pretty significant.

I question whether this is an overpayment, but at the same time... we'll see.

25 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I have to disagree brother, what has happened in the past has nothing to with this particular trade.

If we don't win the cup and Lindholm doesn't resign with us, then we have given up a very promising RHD, they are precious things, a puck moving D-man who is in track for 87 assists alone this year.

A first rounder in a draft where after the top ten at most, this draft is a lottery, that pick has the chance to be a solid pick, even picking later.

I have put a lot of effort in studying prospects for this draft, as I have for the last few years.

There is one particular player I am really hoping that will slip due to injury. 

Admittedly Kuzzy has been a disappointment this year however he was rounding out his game.

As for Jurmo, for sure he doesn't seem to be panning out yet.

So if we don't resign him and we don't win the cup, what have we gained ?

We're going for the cup man. We picked up exactly what we needed and EARLY to keeping winning and build chemistry. It was a lot but I want a fucking cup before I die! 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The same people that said we overpaid for Miller and Hronek? 😂

Yeah, well that's kinda cute, isn't it? 

I personally think it's overkill considering he's a UFA. But... I have faith in our management team. 

We definitely got the best player, as long as he isn't just a rental. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

You do realize, that's speculation, right? 

Are you psychic? 

I gotta ask... why are you so upset about getting one of the best defensive Cs in the league? Also one who can score. This truly gives the Canucks a legit shot at the cup, and I doubt Allvin and Co are finished quite yet. 

• ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Very similar value to what the Islanders paid us for Horvat.

Lindholm is a good player and I'm excited to see how he fits on the team, but it is a big price. Do we know the conditions on the 4th round pick yet?

When we traded Horfat Wallet we got a potentially very high first, their top prospect and a middle six winger. We paid a lot less for Lindholm. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

RH 2 way Selke level C

We just got a whole lot better on PK PP and 5 on 5. 

I don't get why people don't see this.

It's always the negative. Unlike Benning, I'm pretty sure PA has talked with Lindholm's agent. So he's probably got a good idea what he's looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Gained a top six forward who is an excellent 200 foot player, and an elite right shot face-off/PK guy too. This is a huge add for our club. Plus we moved out Kuz’s contract, which had another full year after this one at 5.5. Add to that we didn’t give up any of our top young guys or prospects and how can this not be anything but great for us? 

I'm stoked. And an extra month for him to gel here.

• Like 4

Just now, Alflives said:

When we traded Horfat Wallet we got a potentially very high first, their top prospect and a middle six winger. We paid a lot less for Lindholm. 

We basically got a Horvat back in our lineup for less cost, and less cap hit.

• ThereItIs 4