[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah, well that's kinda cute, isn't it? 

I personally think it's overkill considering he's a UFA. But... I have faith in our management team. 

We definitely got the best player, as long as he isn't just a rental. 

Even if it ends up being a rental: 

We gave up the 32nd OA and our 3-4 best prospect for a rental that is 2 years removed from placing second in Selke voting, great on faceoffs and bolsters our second line.

We also Cap dump a guy who gets frequently scratched and save another year off his Cap.

That’s not overkill. 

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As weird as this sounds. I hope Kuz plays with Huberdeau and both of them start scoring.

Calgary signs Kuz for 5 year deal, then Huberdeau and Kuz crater.

Sorry I'm a little cruel.

Calgary is middle of the road for scoring and terrible on the pp. I'm going to say kuzzy is going to score a lot there and help as you say. Then he'll be a UFA the year after and he can walk and join the rangers or caps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

Are The Canucks going to win the Stanley Cup

All I know is this management group is giving this team a great chance.  That's all we can ask for.  Luck will play its role on whether we make it all the way.  Well... luck and Bettman's zebra henchmen.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Not really, no.

Cole, Myers, Zadorov, Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty are all expiring, with likely Joshua, Zadorov, and maybe Blueger being the only ones we re sign.

If Lindholm wants a lot of money, he’s gone too, and that’s $5.5M of cap off the books.

2025-2027, we will have D-Petey, Willander, Lekkerimaki, and Podkolzin (assuming they’re still here) that will all be on ELC’s. Rutherford/Allvin also plan on having some of our Abby guys integrated into our line up in the next couple of years, so you will likely see Sasson/Raty/Bains or whatever iteration push for spots.

Boeser being resigned or not will be dependant on his play. 

We have nobody committed to a contract currently past 2026 other than Miller.

I don't even know what you are saying no to.

My point is I think Hronek, Hughes, Petterson, Boeser have all proven that they all deserve to stay and get will likely need sufficient raises to do so.  They seem like an excellent core to build around.  Once that is all said and done, there is not enough room in the pot for more elite talent... including Lindholm.  Seems like you agree (assuming he doesn't want to resign for below market).  He is 29 and is coming off an extremely underpaid deal.  I imagine he will be a coveted asset this July 1.  

I don't think this is the time to be going balls to the walls for one UFA player for up to 5 months of action.  If he had a team friendly deal for another few seasons, that would be a much different story.  Maybe we win the cup this year.  Maybe we are eliminated in the first round.  Seems like a lot to gamble.  I would have preferred a steadier and more incremental approach in working towards something great (as we have seen on our last two good teams).  I will happily be wrong and eat my hat....  I have lots of times before.

This regime (just like the old one) doesn't have a great record of being super forward looking when it comes to our cap situation.  I worry.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Very appropriate price.

Canucks turn Kuzmenko into a very good fitting Elias Lindholm. Going to be a perfect fit on this team.

Move the 1st round which be a late one and sell high on an offensively producing defenseman in the OHL.

Add in another prospect and conditional pick. Not a scary payment.

Think, none of the main prospects or prospects knocking on the door here were involved.

There is also a familiarity with Lindholm and the management here where the Canucks could have as good a chance as any club to get him extended.

I don't care what the other team gets. I look at the Canucks active roster and how that just got much more dynamic.

I like the move;

Its kinda like trading parts though?

Ultimately we paid more for Lindholm than we received for Bo!

In-between we used parts to get Hronek though, so its been used for the betterment of our team!  

Poll question; Is Lindholm better than Bo???

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canucks fans are mind boggling sometimes.

Instead of getting excited for going on a run they’re clamouring over prospects they just learned about months ago…

Anyone who doesn’t realize we just improved our roster big time is lost.

That's so true.

And anyway, the TDL's weeks away, if we change our mind we can always flip him for prospects and draft picks. Amirite?

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Sorry if this was already posted.

This year didn't go as anyone wanted, but last year was so much fun. Lovable player. All the best in Calgary!

You are welcome back here anytime Smilin' Andrei.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sell.the.team said:

I don't even know what you are saying no to.

My point is I think Hronek, Hughes, Petterson, Boeser have all proven that they all deserve to stay and get will likely need sufficient raises to do so.  They seem like an excellent core to build around.  Once that is all said and done, there is not enough room in the pot for more elite talent... including Lindholm.  Seems like you agree (assuming he doesn't want to resign for below market).  He is 29 and is coming off an extremely underpaid deal.  I imagine he will be a coveted asset this July 1.  

I don't think this is the time to be going balls to the walls for one UFA player for up to 5 months of action.  If he had a team friendly deal for another few seasons, that would be a much different story.  Maybe we win the cup this year.  Maybe we are eliminated in the first round.  Seems like a lot to gamble.  I would have preferred a steadier and more incremental approach in working towards something great (as we have seen on our last two good teams).  I will happily be wrong and eat my hat....  I have lots of times before.

This regime (just like the old one) doesn't have a great record of being super forward looking when it comes to our cap situation.  I worry.

958824AB-9B64-4B15-8A0B-2C59D861128A.gif.ca035364539af3cc117d13127e401c83.gif

Just now, Comox Blaster said:

Let's get Petey resigned first then we can put together the rest of the puzzle.  Thoughts???

He said after the season.  He's betting on himself.  

Do it after he gets the Conn Smyth and cup.  

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

The Kesler everyone was saying this roster was missing. 

If he gels here he can be that guy for us. Maybe not as explosive as Kesler but definitely similar level. 

He was 2nd and 10th in Selke voting last 2 years. Great player. 

Playing with elite players in Vancouver will raise his game as well. He'll put up more points.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Doesn't this KINDA feel like how Kadri solidified the Avalanche when they won their cup?  Our team is quite similar in terms of how they're built.  Except I'd argue we have a better goalie than they did when they won it all.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

Did anyone mention the fact that we could re-sign Lindholm. Kuz was signed for next season that cap could be reallocated to Lindholm.

I believe are PK just got a whole lot better

Don't forget, he's 56% on the dot this year and right handed

Way I see this is we got a player needed.

Off season I am sure management has a plan as look what they have done so far.

This team has never seen a turn around so fast.

If you still need to complain so be it but so far it's worth a storybook ending if we reach the final four,if not still one of the best turn around ever.

• Thanks 1