[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly that is how desperate we are to win the cup.

That's what it takes to win cup.

When you have a team like we do this year you have to push your chips in and go for it. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like the move;

Its kinda like trading parts though?

Ultimately we paid more for Lindholm than we received for Bo!

In-between we used parts to get Hronek though, so its been used for the betterment of our team!  

Poll question; Is Lindholm better than Bo???

We paid a lot less for Lindholm. Compare the firsts. Then compare the prospects. The consider the addition of a middle six winger. 

25 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Not always. 

Think Lindros. 

Anyway, if Brzustewicz continues developing the way he has, he could possibly turn out to be the best of the bunch. He did just turn 19. 

Either way, let's hope Lindholm picks his game up. 

The Lindros deal isn't a comparable at all.

Well, I am a bit sad to see Brz go after just drafting him half a year ago, but ... on a quick looksee, if Elias Liindholm re-signs with Vancouver it will be worth what we paid, a very late if not last 1st round pick, and BRZ along with Kuz and Jurmo... overpayment if we don't get EL to sign here for next year and beyond. Decent Trade if we do. 
I am sure they have talked. I think Kuz sat on the bench taking it all in a few games ago at the intermission because he probably knew he was on his way to Calgary and couldn't say anything 

• Upvote 2

Just now, WHL rocks said:

That's what it takes to win cup.

When you have a team like we do this year you have to push your chips in and go for it. 

And did we really push any big value chips? We pushed in a bunch of lesser value green ones. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like the move;

Its kinda like trading parts though?

Ultimately we paid more for Lindholm than we received for Bo!

In-between we used parts to get Hronek though, so its been used for the betterment of our team!  

Poll question; Is Lindholm better than Bo???

I don’t think we paid nearly as much as we got for Bo.

A high 1st round pick is worth VASTLY more than late picks in the 25ish range.

Historically, the pick we gave up is not much different than a late 2nd round pick in terms of how often these guys pan out.  The talent level drops off a lot after the middle of the round.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And did we really push any big value chips? We pushed in a bunch of lesser value green ones. 

That's what's great about this trade.. 

I never thought Brzustewicz was a top tier prospect.  He puts up a lot of offense on a stacked OHL team as a 19 year old. He doesn't play defense.  

I'm not at all mad about losing him.. 

We didn't even give up a guy like Raty or Bains. That's what surprised me about this trade.. 

Great value trade from Canucks perspective 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

I don't even know what you are saying no to.

My point is I think Hronek, Hughes, Petterson, Boeser have all proven that they all deserve to stay and get will likely need sufficient raises to do so.  They seem like an excellent core to build around.  Once that is all said and done, there is not enough room in the pot for more elite talent... including Lindholm.  Seems like you agree (assuming he doesn't want to resign for below market).  He is 29 and is coming off an extremely underpaid deal.  I imagine he will be a coveted asset this July 1.  

I don't think this is the time to be going balls to the walls for one UFA player for up to 5 months of action.  If he had a team friendly deal for another few seasons, that would be a much different story.  Maybe we win the cup this year.  Maybe we are eliminated in the first round.  Seems like a lot to gamble.  I would have preferred a steadier and more incremental approach in working towards something great (as we have seen on our last two good teams).  I will happily be wrong and eat my hat....  I have lots of times before.

This regime (just like the old one) doesn't have a great record of being super forward looking when it comes to our cap situation.  I worry.

Uhh...how does the new one not have a good record? We got Miller for $8 Mill. Soucy for $3.25

The closest boat anchor is the end of Myers contract, and Mik is underperforming because he's still recovering from his knee.

And we're not even at the trade deadline yet.

Yeah Benning was crap with Cap Management. This group doesn't have that problem by the looks of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Hoglander - Lindholm - Pettersson

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Lafferty - Aman - Mikheyev

That's 4 very good lines.

Not upset at all with what we gave up in the trade as per Kuz not fitting the bill this year, and giving up a very late 1st round pick plus a couple very distant prospects…We kept our blue chip prospects! And that’s  what it takes to land a player of Lindholm’s quality with the reality of other teams offers.

I was thinking how our 4 lines might now look and the above idea has potential.

The Nucks can still ice the lotto line when needed too.

I like that the 3rd line still can stay as is, and Mikheyev may be more suited for the 4th line using some speed with Lafferty.

This management team isn’t giving away the farm to really contend in the playoffs for the cup this year but did lose a few prospects…that’s the market.

I believe Rutherford and Allvin know what they are doing, with the short and long term future of the team in mind!

Edited by Bretzky
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1